S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 09-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000442
Ok, I installed the new 50 durometer motor mount bushings Ptuning gave me and WOW it makes a big difference! I had installed the original 60 durometer bushings with the kit and did get some additional vibrations in the dash, rear mirror, AP2 console etc. After a few thousand miles it did get better and was not a real problem, but it was still there. The only downside I had with this kit was the added vibration and it is MUCH better now.

These new bushings have eliminated the dash vibration and the rear view mirror vibration also. My AP2 console, which I kept open, I can now close and it does not vibrate. Let me say that when I mean vibration it was not excessive! Once cruising you never really noticed anything.

Anybody on the fence about this kit due to the motor mount should worry no longer. This has made the best kit on the market even better! You just cannot beat an all vband setup for reliability IMHO. Any thought I had about changing due to the motor mount is now gone.
Thank you Daryl for your honest/unbiased review.

- Toan
Old 09-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by indi00

availability?
We have ten sets left in-stock. Please PM us for pricing and shipping information. Thank you.

- Toan
Old 09-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TerminatioN
Originally Posted by rm cya' timestamp='1378211238' post='22758478
The ptuning kit still available?

Can't be going through 100 pages lol. Saw something about SOS using the design?

I'm after a rhd compatable kit, trying to look at all options
No need to go through 100 pages. Just check their website next time... http://www.ptuning.com/subdir/search...akeModel=s2000
Thank you for answering this question. Yes, we are still producing, selling, and fully supporting this turbo system.

- Toan
Old 09-04-2013, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wondering if it's safe to drive around with this kit installed with the stock ECU/injectors/map sensor with a charge pipe disconected for smog purposes? I will need to drive it like that for about 80kms or so and I don't want to blow anything up.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by p0staboy
Wondering if it's safe to drive around with this kit installed with the stock ECU/injectors/map sensor with a charge pipe disconected for smog purposes? I will need to drive it like that for about 80kms or so and I don't want to blow anything up.
No visual? Stock O2 sensors too?

-4AN CAP
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-492904-bl

-8AN CAP
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-492908-bl

Remove turbo and squeeze through top.
Remove manifold.
Install stock manifold,cat, turbo back, O2 sensors etc.
Install smog pump or emulator.

Drive 30+ miles to activate readiness lights

No need to remove Ptuning motor mounts as stock headers and exhaust fits nicely.
Takes a half afternoon to do it.

The beauty of a V band design.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by indi00
Originally Posted by p0staboy' timestamp='1378349491' post='22761951
No visual? Stock O2 sensors too?

-4AN CAP
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-492904-bl

-8AN CAP
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-492908-bl

Remove turbo and squeeze through top.
Remove manifold.
Install stock manifold,cat, turbo back, O2 sensors etc.
Install smog pump or emulator.

Drive 30+ miles to activate readiness lights

No need to remove Ptuning motor mounts as stock headers and exhaust fits nicely.
Takes a half afternoon to do it.

The beauty of a V band design.
I just need to be able to drive 30miles with it theirs no visual checks. i though i can leave the turbo on as long as the pipe is disconected?
Old 09-08-2013, 02:47 PM

man, cant wait to get that turbo kit and dual exhaust... Nice PTuning... I will definitely contacting you soon...lol
Old 11-08-2013, 04:28 PM

Hey there :-) i went through the 2700 ish comments and must say i'm impressed how you Ptuning take care of your customers.. Every time someone would have a problem with its kit or have any questions you'd make sure everything's ok, so thumbs up to Ptuning

It's not anytime soon but i'm looking into turbos and was wondering if a gtx3071r would be an interesting turbo for the kit and how it would be different from the gt3076r.
(Excuse my english, i'm french canadian)
Old 11-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rembo7454
Hey there :-) i went through the 2700 ish comments and must say i'm impressed how you Ptuning take care of your customers.. Every time someone would have a problem with its kit or have any questions you'd make sure everything's ok, so thumbs up to Ptuning

It's not anytime soon but i'm looking into turbos and was wondering if a gtx3071r would be an interesting turbo for the kit and how it would be different from the gt3076r.
(Excuse my english, i'm french canadian)
Glad you enjoyed the read. No apologies necessary for the language barrier. Considering French is your primary language, your ability to still convey exactly what you wanted to say and ask in English is alright in our book.

We have not received any requests for a GT or GTX3071R so we do not have any dyno information on them at this time. We have such good spool-up and response with our turbo system using the base GT3076R that no one has ever wanted to run a smaller turbo. However, we will be testing a GTX3071R on our second FR-S shop car, so we'll be able to compare it directly to the base GT3076R that we include with our new FR-S/BRZ turbo system. From there, we can should have a very, very, good idea of what to expect if we were to run one with our S2K turbo system.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:05 PM

Cool, can't wait to see how it performs

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)