S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gt30/76
Old 04-03-2013, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya this 35 creeps like a somebitch
Old 04-03-2013, 10:22 AM

But so far the disk is managing well maybe 1-2lb creep
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ArchAngel2K
Forcedbird my set up is simply stock bottom end dual springs with a 35r stock head gasket
recirculated or dump to atm wastegate?

I am running gtx 3076
Old 04-03-2013, 11:14 AM

Mine is a DTA
Old 04-05-2013, 07:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2 questions...

1. What is the highest horsepower p-tuning kit out there???
2. Anyone ever use(P-Tuning please confirm fitment) of a HTA 86 turbo??? They are offered with the same Tial SS V-Band housing and physically are the same size as a GT35R but they are said to out perform the GTX3582 for a 700whp turbo!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:50 AM

The PTUNING shop car did 580whp with q16 on their heartbreaker. That was with the gtx30/76

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by AFs2k
Can anyone give me advice on tuning the idle area with this kit for when the fan comes on? Basically the car idles great otherwise (still working on the tune though) but as soon as the fan comes on (in idle) it pretty much craps out. Should I increase my ignition timing vs RPM map? I'm at a loss.

I'm on AEM EMS v2 (AEMtuner).
AFs2k, I'm not sure if you ever resolved this. The RPM droop is definitely due to the large inrush current of the SPAL fan. The fan only takes a second or so to get up to speed (at which point the inrush current drops), but this is plenty of time to stall the engine. The fix is extremely easy in AEM Series 2.

You want to go to the Idle tab in AEMtuner and find the "Ign vs Idle RPM" table. This table is a fast feedback control system for the Idle RPM. It's much faster than the idle air control valve based system and any closed-loop O2 idle feedback system you might be running. It works by adding or subtracting ignition timing (in addition to the base ignition timing in your ignition map) depending on the idle error. When the fan turns on, the engine RPM will drop and cause a large Idle Target Error. This will move the cursor to the left of the "Ign vs Idle RPM" table. What you want the "Ign vs Idle RPM" table to do is add some extra ignition timing in this scenario to provide extra torque to reject the load disturbance. However, in the base AEM map, the maximum timing advance (in my case at least) seemed to be capped to a constant +3.2° for all Idle Target Errors from -50 RPM to -325 RPM. This is simply not enough extra timing to reject that load. I recommend approximately +10 to +15 degrees of timing advance at an Idle Target Error of -325 RPM, linearly decreasing to the original +3.2° at an Idle Target Error of -50 RPM.

Note that this won't change any of your normal idling (which you said is working well), but will let you reject much larger torque step disturbances caused by electrical or mechanical loads. You may find that it helps with A/C transient compensation as well. For me, this one change fixed everything. I got the idea from looking at indi00's calibration file, and it just made sense to me.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Forcedbird
Originally Posted by indi00' timestamp='1364997401' post='22447960
No creep issue even without the disc here. Boosting to 17psi at redline 10K redline. Run wastegate for sure to eliminate probs.
What do you mean when you are saying: "Run wastegate for sure to eliminate probs."?

I am running the Turbosmart wastegate that came with the PTuning kit but I have it recirculated back into the exhaust.
I'm also running with no restrictor disc, wastegate dumps to atmosphere. I don't have any boost creep problems and can easily control boost with a MAC valve on the wastegate. I'm convinced that dumping to atmosphere gives you much better control of creep.

On a related note, I need to refresh my memory about exactly what point the wastegate is designed to recirculate into the exhaust system. If my memory serves, the Ptuning recirc tube routes the gas back into the downpipe UPSTREAM of the restricting disc (on the manifold side of the disc rather than on the muffler side of the disc). Can anyone confirm this? If that's the case, the restrictor disc would be restricting both the main exhaust path and also the wastegate bypass path. It still likely provides some degree of control in this arrangement (due to the pressure drop of the exhaust turbine), but I'm not convinced the restrictor disc would help to effectively manage creep in this case. My opinion is that you get the best wastegate control by ensuring the lowest possible restriction of the wasted exhaust gasses. A short section of tube dumping to atmosphere is about as low restriction as possible Second best would be to recirculate into the exhaust DOWNSTREAM of the restricting disc. Thoughts anyone?
Old 04-07-2013, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by adambarkley
Originally Posted by AFs2k' timestamp='1363480885' post='22408653
Can anyone give me advice on tuning the idle area with this kit for when the fan comes on? Basically the car idles great otherwise (still working on the tune though) but as soon as the fan comes on (in idle) it pretty much craps out. Should I increase my ignition timing vs RPM map? I'm at a loss.

I'm on AEM EMS v2 (AEMtuner).
AFs2k, I'm not sure if you ever resolved this. The RPM droop is definitely due to the large inrush current of the SPAL fan. The fan only takes a second or so to get up to speed (at which point the inrush current drops), but this is plenty of time to stall the engine. The fix is extremely easy in AEM Series 2.

You want to go to the Idle tab in AEMtuner and find the "Ign vs Idle RPM" table. This table is a fast feedback control system for the Idle RPM. It's much faster than the idle air control valve based system and any closed-loop O2 idle feedback system you might be running. It works by adding or subtracting ignition timing (in addition to the base ignition timing in your ignition map) depending on the idle error. When the fan turns on, the engine RPM will drop and cause a large Idle Target Error. This will move the cursor to the left of the "Ign vs Idle RPM" table. What you want the "Ign vs Idle RPM" table to do is add some extra ignition timing in this scenario to provide extra torque to reject the load disturbance. However, in the base AEM map, the maximum timing advance (in my case at least) seemed to be capped to a constant +3.2° for all Idle Target Errors from -50 RPM to -325 RPM. This is simply not enough extra timing to reject that load. I recommend approximately +10 to +15 degrees of timing advance at an Idle Target Error of -325 RPM, linearly decreasing to the original +3.2° at an Idle Target Error of -50 RPM.

Note that this won't change any of your normal idling (which you said is working well), but will let you reject much larger torque step disturbances caused by electrical or mechanical loads. You may find that it helps with A/C transient compensation as well. For me, this one change fixed everything. I got the idea from looking at indi00's calibration file, and it just made sense to me.

Hey, thanks for the input, but my Ign vs Idle RPM table is set up with adding 1.8 degrees when it drops 25 rpms, 6.3 degrees when it drops 50 rpms, 10 degrees when it drops 75 rpms and on to -300 rpms. My idle rpm does not fluctuate more than 20 rpms plus or minus until the fan comes on.

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)