S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 10-24-2012, 05:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No but i do belive its like a bomb in your trunk.. What they are saying is, the s2000 is a 2006+.. Which means its a "returnless" system. meaning they can only give it as much gas as it can burn. a return system allows you to give more fuel then whats needed. All the unburnt fuel goes back to the tank.. someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000442
What is status of cold air box
Its still be finalized. More dyno testing coming next week.

I sent out two more gift cards today. Please PM me your info if you haven't already. Let the spending begin!!!!!

Happy Halloween. Drew
Old 10-24-2012, 09:53 AM

Trackforged Heat Shield.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/911...ed+heat+shield

Felt peppier in stop and go traffic... no scientific numbers though.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:31 PM

Oh good shit! I was going to hit them up .I will now.. what radiator are you using?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by sata3000
Oh good shit! I was going to hit them up .I will now.. what radiator are you using?
Koyo Radiator.

You need to make a rectangular notch for the intake tube. I used a plasma cutter.

When the fan kicks on, minimal amount of hot air gets to the intake filter. The rest of the hot air is directed downward. I have a 2" hose from under the car to scoop cold air into the intake filter area when moving.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by indi00
Trackforged Heat Shield.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/911...ed+heat+shield

Felt peppier in stop and go traffic... no scientific numbers though.

Evan
Old 10-24-2012, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by indi00
Originally Posted by sata3000' timestamp='1351114291' post='22106252
Koyo Radiator.

You need to make a rectangular notch for the intake tube. I used a plasma cutter.

When the fan kicks on, minimal amount of hot air gets to the intake filter. The rest of the hot air is directed downward. I have a 2" hose from under the car to scoop cold air into the intake filter area when moving.
Good stuff.. Good cheap mod.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:12 PM

Received turbo kit and gift card, thanks Andrew!

ACT Clutch + AP1 flywheel swap + turbo kit install to begin in ~1 week. Just set up 17 channels worth of AEM Serial Gauge telemetry and everything worked properly on the first attempt! E85 fuel system and ID2000s are tuned across vacuum to WOT region and car is begging for boost.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by sata3000
No but i do belive its like a bomb in your trunk.. What they are saying is, the s2000 is a 2006+.. Which means its a "returnless" system. meaning they can only give it as much gas as it can burn. a return system allows you to give more fuel then whats needed. All the unburnt fuel goes back to the tank.. someone correct me if im wrong.
A return style fuel system uses a fuel pressure regulator mounted to the fuel rail at the fuel injectors and a separate fuel line which returns un-injected fuel back to the tank. In this kind of system, the fuel pump runs continuously and pumps along its maximum pressure vs. flow curve while the engine is running. A lot of fuel is sent to the fuel pressure regulator at all times so that plenty of pressure and flow is available for the regulator to do its job: maintaining a very precise, controlled differential fuel rail pressure (difference between fuel rail absolute pressure and intake manifold pressure = effective pressure across fuel injector). This local mechanical fuel pressure regulator is able to do this job extremely well and extremely quickly, even in response to quick changes of injector flow rate during hard accelerations and decelerations. All of the fuel that the fuel pump sends and which the fuel injectors do not inject into the intake manifold returns to the fuel tank via the regulator. A return style fuel system does not scavenge unburned fuel after combustion has occurred.

A returnless style fuel system does not have a mechanical fuel pressure regulator at the fuel rail, nor does it ever return any fuel back to the fuel tank once that fuel has been pumped out of the tank. Maintaining fuel rail pressure is accomplished by electrically sensing the fuel rail pressure, asking the computer figure out what to do when a change is needed, and then by varying the power applied to the fuel pump to maintain that pressure. It must also separately measure the manifold air pressure to figure out what fuel pressure is needed to maintain a constant differential fuel pressure. This electrical, computerized feedback loop is slow when compared to the "directly at the fuel rail" mechanical regulator system.

I do not understand why there would be a fundamental, steady-state power limitation of returnless fuel systems if the fuel pumps and lines are identical. Pure speculation: it may be that the fuel pumps employed in an OEM returnless fuel system have lower flow capacity than fuel pumps used in a similar OEM return style fuel system (since the return system's fuel pump has to pump much more fuel at light loads compared to the returnless system). Does anybody know if the OEM pre-2006 fuel pump and post-2006 fuel pumps are the same?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM

I do know that 06+ have to buy a return system to run e85 or it will limit its power. I believe thats what miguel has just done.

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)