S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 08-14-2012, 04:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Need cold air cough...
Old 08-14-2012, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000442
Need cold air cough...
Lol got tired waiting on cold box, vent my hood problem solved. Rained very hard filter was dry, engine bay wasnt really wet. I live in myrtle beach area traffic is stop and go my engine bay get so hot in stop in go, it bog act wierd since hood vents havent had a issue.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a date set up with PTUNING to drop my car off and they were going to take some measurements to make me a heat shield/fan shroud. Also help me trouble shoot my boost controller and bad idle on a hot restart. The soonest they could get me in was a month down the road.
So I waited until about a week before my appointment and gave them a call to make sure we were still on for my appointment. I was told they were using someone else car for the R&D and it was something better than a heat shield. The cold air box. So I decided to wait and see what was offered. Im sitting here almost a month later with no heat shield, no cold air box, and the same issue. It's just frustrating I can't drive the car in traffic without major heat soak. Maybe this is my problem bc I don't have the balls to vent my hood. It also should be noted this kit you will need a aftermarket driver side motor mount and a aftermarket radiator. Just putting it out there so the next person isn't blindsided by it like I was. I was completely new to forced induction. The reason I paid PTUNING to do everything. This is no way negative feed back towards PTUNING. They have been there for me every step of the way and have guided me through every situation Ive ran into. It looks like the cold air box it's looking like full blown/avids motor mount issue.. Just never completely happened.

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2012, 07:01 PM

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by sata3000
I had a date set up with PTUNING to drop my car off and they were going to take some measurements to make me a heat shield/fan shroud. Also help me trouble shoot my boost controller and bad idle on a hot restart. The soonest they could get me in was a month down the road.
So I waited until about a week before my appointment and gave them a call to make sure we were still on for my appointment. I was told they were using someone else car for the R&D and it was something better than a heat shield. The cold air box. So I decided to wait and see what was offered. Im sitting here almost a month later with no heat shield, no cold air box, and the same issue. It's just frustrating I can't drive the car in traffic without major heat soak. Maybe this is my problem bc I don't have the balls to vent my hood. It also should be noted this kit you will need a aftermarket driver side motor mount and a aftermarket radiator. Just putting it out there so the next person isn't blindsided by it like I was. I was completely new to forced induction. The reason I paid PTUNING to do everything. This is no way negative feed back towards PTUNING. They have been there for me every step of the way and have guided me through every situation Ive ran into. It looks like the cold air box it's looking like full blown/avids motor mount issue.. Just never completely happened.

Go to home depot, buy some thin aluminum sheet that you can bend easily and cut easily with tin snips.

Make a heat shield like the Greddy Turbo Kit:
Old 08-15-2012, 05:23 AM

That shield looks good, a fan shroud for the entire rad would def be nice aswell, my last car we made fan shourd for rad, drop temp pretty fast in traffic, but i did have a small vent over turbo on that hood aswell(not by choice turbo melted my carbon vis hood lol)
Old 08-15-2012, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by adambarkley
PTUNING Guys, I'm interested in more information about your kit which will likely result in a purchase of several items. I sent an email to sales@ptuning.com (listed on your website, http://www.ptuning.com/subdir/help_desk.cfm ) on 7/26/2012 with a number of technical and sales-related questions. The email did not bounce back to my knowledge, but I have not gotten a response in these ~2 weeks. Is that a valid email address and/or who else can I email this list of questions to?

Thanks,
Adam
I received your email. I will respond to your shortly.

Sata3000 check you pm's
Old 08-16-2012, 08:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by miguel329
Originally Posted by s2000442' timestamp='1344989046' post='21937639
Need cold air cough...
Lol got tired waiting on cold box, vent my hood problem solved. Rained very hard filter was dry, engine bay wasnt really wet. I live in myrtle beach area traffic is stop and go my engine bay get so hot in stop in go, it bog act wierd since hood vents havent had a issue.
Yeah I am getting somewhat impatient with the cold air box but hopefully something will be done shortly. I am not having motor mount problems, or heat related problems and its been damn hot here in Chicago this summer. Maybe its also due to the fact I have shielded both the turbo and the manifold with ATP wrap. I can lift my hood and don't get excessive heat coming from the engine bay. I wonder how many of you are running turbo blankets with this setup? I know its a tight fit but that may help relieve some heat. There are others with sidewinders sucking in hot air and not having the issues you are having. I agree with others that its likely a tune issue that needs attention.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 AM

I think your atp wrap is helping. If i open my hood i get smacked in the face with heat. I think its tune and heat soaked related.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:04 PM

PTUNING, Would you guys be able to sell a oil scavenge return kit that would work with a different turbo kits that way people with other kits wouldn't have to tap the pan or timing cover? I would be interested in one of these if you could.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:10 AM

I believe they do sell it on their site

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)