S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 07-28-2012, 03:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were you able to see if you have a broken motor mount?

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2012, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt have time to check yet but i will soon. i dont have a jack anymore so i dont think i can see the motor mounts from the top of engine bay? i need to bring it to a shop.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:34 AM

Need to be under the car to see.

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2012, 12:38 PM

Is it possible to run 2 (or more) differen't maps with this kit and say...Flashpro? One map for low boost or wastegate pressure and then one for normal or higher boost? Is this possible or would it be too much of a hassle?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by NeedanS2KNOW
Is it possible to run 2 (or more) differen't maps with this kit and say...Flashpro? One map for low boost or wastegate pressure and then one for normal or higher boost? Is this possible or would it be too much of a hassle?
Why not run an electronic boost controller that has programmable boost settings in it? Then you can crank the boost up on the fly without have to stop the car and flash it.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by robotvoice
Originally Posted by NeedanS2KNOW' timestamp='1343680734' post='21899985
Why not run an electronic boost controller that has programmable boost settings in it? Then you can crank the boost up on the fly without have to stop the car and flash it.
Would that be safe to do? You wouldn't need to have a seperate tune? (I'm new to FI and still have a lot to learn) So you can just turn boost up or down and not have to worry about Air/Fuel ratios and anything else going out of whack and damaging the engine? (of course as long as you don't turn your boost up higher than it's tuned for).

How about if you needed like a valet mode type thing, in case you bring your car to a shop or something and want to put a rev limiter at like 3000rpm or something? Would that be possible?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by NeedanS2KNOW
Originally Posted by robotvoice' timestamp='1343686288' post='21900237
[quote name='NeedanS2KNOW' timestamp='1343680734' post='21899985']
Would that be safe to do? You wouldn't need to have a seperate tune? (I'm new to FI and still have a lot to learn) So you can just turn boost up or down and not have to worry about Air/Fuel ratios and anything else going out of whack and damaging the engine? (of course as long as you don't turn your boost up higher than it's tuned for).

How about if you needed like a valet mode type thing, in case you bring your car to a shop or something and want to put a rev limiter at like 3000rpm or something? Would that be possible?
[/quote]

I don't know enough about tuning s2k's to say if it would be safe or not but I would think it would be ok as long as your main tune for your max boost is safe (someone from PTuning like Toan or Andrew would have to chime in on this). I could be wrong though..it might all depend on your engine management solution/wastegate setup/target boost and a/f ratios, etc. and might not be possible or practical. I never looked into it that much honestly. I always used my right foot as boost control But I can see that it would be cool to be able to limit boost on the fly.

I think the Flashpro will let you flash a valet mode map too. Can't remember if it was pre-loaded on the unit or not though.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by robotvoice
Originally Posted by NeedanS2KNOW' timestamp='1343698601' post='21900690
[quote name='robotvoice' timestamp='1343686288' post='21900237']
[quote name='NeedanS2KNOW' timestamp='1343680734' post='21899985']

[/quote]

I don't know enough about tuning s2k's to say if it would be safe or not but I would think it would be ok as long as your main tune for your max boost is safe (someone from PTuning like Toan or Andrew would have to chime in on this). I could be wrong though..it might all depend on your engine management solution/wastegate setup/target boost and a/f ratios, etc. and might not be possible or practical. I never looked into it that much honestly. I always used my right foot as boost control But I can see that it would be cool to be able to limit boost on the fly.

I think the Flashpro will let you flash a valet mode map too. Can't remember if it was pre-loaded on the unit or not though.
[/quote]
Hmmm interesting... I was just curious and thought I'd ask. Thanks for your input.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:47 AM

On the passanger side pipe that goes to the turbo outlet what is the vaccume attachment for and where does it connect to?
Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 AM

any more info for the cold air box yet?

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)