S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 06-09-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How about the cold air box guys! This is taking to long.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2000442
Maybe they're just barely getting by and don't have the cash necessary to scrape together the R&D costs.....

At this rate Full-Blown will fab up a PTuning CAB before PTuning does....
Old 06-11-2012, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Batbite
Originally Posted by s2000442' timestamp='1339297357' post='21769323
Maybe they're just barely getting by and don't have the cash necessary to scrape together the R&D costs.....

You guys know they don't have a shop s2000 yet, right? It's a little hard to R&D on a car you don't have possession of. Give them a break doods, I'm sure they are working hard on everything.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robotvoice
Originally Posted by Batbite' timestamp='1339306973' post='21769490
[quote name='s2000442' timestamp='1339297357' post='21769323']

You guys know they don't have a shop s2000 yet, right? It's a little hard to R&D on a car you don't have possession of. Give them a break doods, I'm sure they are working hard on everything.
[/quote]

Hell, I would donate mine to them if they were making it worth my while.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robotvoice
Originally Posted by Batbite' timestamp='1339306973' post='21769490

[/quote]

2nded. You guys are aware they have to run day to day operations first and foremost, right? Keeping a business profitable and running will trump new product development every day of the week.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by metros
Originally Posted by robotvoice' timestamp='1339431746' post='21772289
[quote name='Batbite' timestamp='1339306973' post='21769490']

[/quote]

2nded. You guys are aware they have to run day to day operations first and foremost, right? Keeping a business profitable and running will trump new product development every day of the week.

[/quote]

New business, new sales, and profitable growth is the lifeblood of any business. Nothing happens until something gets sold.......

We all understand that having and running a business is demanding, but customers needs are important too, especially when that need is born from a real-world product design issue that a number of customers have expressed a need to improve or correct.

I could go back and look at the original date of the first post regarding the air-box, and read through the thread where design pictures were released with a
comment from PTuning that stated "coming soon".....and "will be available for summer 2012"
Old 06-11-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by metros' timestamp='1339463043' post='21773752
[quote name='robotvoice' timestamp='1339431746' post='21772289']

[/quote]

[/quote]

New business, new sales, and profitable growth is the lifeblood of any business. Nothing happens until something gets sold.......

We all understand that having and running a business is demanding, but customers needs are important too, especially when that need is born from a real-world product design issue that a number of customers have expressed a need to improve or correct.

I could go back and look at the original date of the first post regarding the air-box, and read through the thread where design pictures were released with a
comment from PTuning that stated "coming soon".....and "will be available for summer 2012"
[/quote]

Trust me, we wanted this airbox done yesterday, but due to events beyond our control, the project kept getting delayed. We had rely on a local customers s2000 for much of the development work on our turbo system. The original prototyping s2000 spent most of it's life in our shop when it wasn't being driving by our customer to various events--It was considered a shop car. However, since the introduction of the "prototype" airbox that we started many months back, the original prototyping s2000 is no longer at our disposal so we have been searching for our personal s2000 shop car, which in this case I would like to use as my personal daily driver/track car so i want to get the "right one" for myself. This is going to happen very soon and development/testing will pick up very quickly i promise. Thank you for your patience.

On the subject of the motor mounts. We can come out with complementing driver side motor mount, my questions to all those running our kit is "will you be able to deal with the extra vibration that comes with stiffer motor mounts which is necessary to minimize the excessive engine movement, which is likely the cause of the stock mount failure."

MrC
Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 PM

Re: Motor Mounts

Understanding that the OEM mount is going to continue to break / fail......and regular replacement of a motor mount isn't on the maintenance schedule as a regular item, then what is the alternative solution?

Does a mount that is more stout and durable than OEM exist that has a happy medium for added vibration?

For example: on a vibration scale of 1 - 10, and the OEM mount was a 2.....and a full on Billet Racing Motor mount was a 9 or 10....is there an improved durability option that might be a 5 or 6 for the drivers side replacement?

For me, if I had to choose between vibration or complete mount failure.......I would choose the vibration /peace of mind.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Re: Motor Mounts

Understanding that the OEM mount is going to continue to break / fail......and regular replacement of a motor mount isn't on the maintenance schedule as a regular item, then what is the alternative solution?

Does a mount that is more stout and durable than OEM exist that has a happy medium for added vibration?

For example: on a vibration scale of 1 - 10, and the OEM mount was a 2.....and a full on Billet Racing Motor mount was a 9 or 10....is there an improved durability option that might be a 5 or 6 for the drivers side replacement?

For me, if I had to choose between vibration or complete mount failure.......I would choose the vibration /peace of mind.
I would rate the FBM/Avid mounts at an 8-9 on your scale, fwiw
Old 06-12-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by metros' timestamp='1339463043' post='21773752
[quote name='robotvoice' timestamp='1339431746' post='21772289']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would assume that the service aspect of PTuning is where the company does the most business. Otherwise they wouldn't have an enormous shop facility with gorgeous dyno set up.

An airbox is certainly not going to be the 'make it or break it' point of PTuning. However, I can understand your desire for the new product. Be patient, the things worth having usually take time.

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)