S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 05-28-2010, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ptuning,May 28 2010, 11:23 AM
We will be offering an optional intermediate exhaust section with integrated high flow metal substrate cat.

We may consider building a dual exhaust system too, but it would definitely be later on down the road. For those that hate 3" single exhaust systems because of the noise, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how quiet a properly muffled single system can be.

- Toan
I'm very glad the system will be quiet, however I feel it would look so much better with a dual exhaust. That empty muffler cutout would look very awkward and the S2000 sexiness demands it!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the great answers Toan! Looking forward to that pricing now.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is the CAD drawing of our integrated AIT, WMI, and vacuum block. The first sample should be machined here shortly. This CNC aluminum adapter block will be welded to the upper intercooler pipe, near the TB.

It will feature provisions for the factory AIT sensor for the DBW models and a plug for non-DBW models. It will also have an integrated WMI bung that is specifically designed to work with the short nozzle on the popular AEM WMI systems (other WMI nozzles with 1/8" npt bungs will work too as will N20 nozzles).

There will also be a removable vacuum block that can be integrated with the adapter block. This vacuum block will help clean up the ugly vacuum t-splices on non-DBW models and the DBW owners will like the fact that they will not need to t-off the brake booster line multiple times in order to get a signal for their BOV, boost gauge, WMI, FPR, etc.

The vacuum block will get its vacuum/pressure signal from the brake booster line (DBW models). The vacuum block will use one port for the intake manifold pressure source and one for the BOV. This will leave you with four additional ports that can be used for other vacuum source devices or they can be plugged with a standard 1/8" npt plug.

- Toan

Name:  Ptunings2000integratedvacblock2.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  67.7 KB
Old 05-28-2010, 01:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lookin good

Have you thought about changing the nozzle direction so that you are spraying water counterflow to the air stream to allow for better atomozation?

Will there be enough room for the AP1 guys to thread and tap the plate of a GM AIT?
Old 05-28-2010, 02:16 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by ECale3,May 28 2010, 02:41 PM
Smog and CARB are worlds apart son. His car could pass the sniffer but would still fail emissions because the installed parts don't have a CARB EO#. A car can fail emissions in CA for a non-stock air intake if the intake doesn't have an EO number (Wanna know how I know? ).

Long story short, CA is super gay.
Right. He asked if it was SMOG ILLEGAL...as you stated... it would pass the sniffer. But if he were to ask about the CARB then obviously no. That's why i said, tuned well he would pass, but not the visual. if you visually don't the see the Carb # showing it's legal, then fail.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:50 PM

Smog test = visual + sniffer. Failing either one makes it illegal.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dsddcd,May 28 2010, 05:59 PM
Lookin good

Have you thought about changing the nozzle direction so that you are spraying water counterflow to the air stream to allow for better atomozation?

Will there be enough room for the AP1 guys to thread and tap the plate of a GM AIT?
Thanks for the questions. We may decide to tap the current AIT location to fit both the factory DBW sensor as well as either the Haltech metric (14mmx 1.5) AIT sensor or a 1/4" npt air temp sensor. We're just not too sure how many non-DBW owners are actually relocating their factory AIT sensor from the intake manifold to a pre-TB location. We're probably not going to make a provision for the GM sensor. The GM AIT sensor is too bulky. It requires a large 3/8" npt bung and is something we'd rather see hidden.

In terms of the WMI nozzle location, we've had very good success on our race car with the nozzle being closer to the TB. Our TA tC race car makes 552WHP, 502WTQ on a GT35R at 26psi, revs to 8K and does so lap after lap. It does this on standard 93 octane gas and Boost Juice (50/50). We're definitely advocates of WMI, especially on street cars.

On a properly intercooled engine, we prefer to have the nozzle closer to the TB. We do not necessarily need the water to vaporize to remove heat from the air, this is the job of the intercooler. Having the the WM reach the cylinders in more of a liquid state serves to draw a lot of heat from the combustion chamber and thereby "effectively" increases the detonation resistance of the pump gas.

I'm not too sure how well I explained this......it is Saturday morning.....

- Toan
Old 05-29-2010, 07:20 AM

Any more info on the turbo oil scavenging system and how it integrates with an oil cooler?
Old 05-29-2010, 12:29 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrfixit687,May 28 2010, 09:50 PM
Smog test = visual + sniffer. Failing either one makes it illegal.
I see you are in california. I'm not limiting my information to just california. Because here in virginia, and i'm sure depending where you go in some states, if you can pass the sniffer, you're good to go. This is how folks with turbo kits tuned with Kpro have passed emissions with flying colors. And i'm also sure it depends on WHO you go to get your emissions done. Visually...again, you may not pass if the person giving the test feels like they want to fail you. But if you hook up the sniffer, and it passes, it sends the info to DMV as PASS and your registration get's renewed.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking forward to getting the full scoop on this kit. Looks very well put together.

Any plans on track testing? Seems like this kit would work well on track with the oil pump that you're using and optional cooling system.

If you need someone to test on track I am in the area and would be interested.

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)