S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 12-01-2011, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TerminatioN
How low does the turbo sit? Just wondering if the oil pump is completely neccesary... Obviously you believe its an advantage and you recommend using it, but would it work without it? I just would rather have one less possible point of failure if at all possible. It's really the only thing I don't absolutely love about this kit...
It sits pretty low.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:12 PM

i second that, everything else is wrong with my car but the kit itself has been solid
Old 12-02-2011, 07:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000442
Originally Posted by TerminatioN' timestamp='1322777925' post='21202626
How low does the turbo sit? Just wondering if the oil pump is completely neccesary... Obviously you believe its an advantage and you recommend using it, but would it work without it? I just would rather have one less possible point of failure if at all possible. It's really the only thing I don't absolutely love about this kit...
Well its one of the things that absolutely makes this kit stand out from the rest. No oil pan tapping, and the option to add oil cooler to that pump also. Mine has never failed, its quite.
I realize that, and I agree that it is a good solution and works well. As I said, I simply just don't want to add another possible point of failure to an already complex system.

Originally Posted by EternalLx
It sits pretty low.

Thanks for pic. Still kind of hard to tell from the picture though... About where is the bottom most part of the turbo in relation to the pan? Above the top of the pan? Slightly below the top of the pan? Exactly even with the top of the pan?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000442' timestamp='1322782276' post='21202831
[quote name='TerminatioN' timestamp='1322777925' post='21202626']
Well its one of the things that absolutely makes this kit stand out from the rest. No oil pan tapping, and the option to add oil cooler to that pump also. Mine has never failed, its quite.
I realize that, and I agree that it is a good solution and works well. As I said, I simply just don't want to add another possible point of failure to an already complex system.

Originally Posted by EternalLx
It sits pretty low.

Thanks for pic. Still kind of hard to tell from the picture though... About where is the bottom most part of the turbo in relation to the pan? Above the top of the pan? Slightly below the top of the pan? Exactly even with the top of the pan?
[/quote]

The bottom oil return port on the CHRA for the GT turbo sits about 2" above the mating line between the oil pan and lower block.

MrC
Old 12-02-2011, 10:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MrC@PTUNING
The bottom oil return port on the CHRA for the GT turbo sits about 2" above the mating line between the oil pan and lower block.

MrC
Thank you.

By the way, where does the scavenger pump return the oil to? Don't think I saw that mentioned anywhere...
Old 12-02-2011, 10:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrC@PTUNING' timestamp='1322852815' post='21205221

MrC
Thank you.

By the way, where does the scavenger pump return the oil to? Don't think I saw that mentioned anywhere...
Custom fitting on the front of the timing cover. When should we expect an order from you...

MrC
Old 12-02-2011, 12:25 PM

[/quote]

Custom fitting on the front of the timing cover. When should we expect an order from you...

MrC
[/quote]

I think hes waiting for the cold air box to be complete so he can order it all at once..
Old 12-05-2011, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If any customers are interested in a PTUNING turbo kit or products, and are looking for a certified dealer, and installer?? Please check the following link for a list of PTUNING dealers.

Dealer Info:
http://www.ptuning.com/html/dealers.cfm
Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats up guys anyone have pics of strut bar installed with kit? started messing with some suspension stuff, and some odds and ends curious see which one you guys went with and what looks like... post pics.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by miguel329
whats up guys anyone have pics of strut bar installed with kit? started messing with some suspension stuff, and some odds and ends curious see which one you guys went with and what looks like... post pics. re.
I have the Comptech titanium version....fits great. You can see it by clicking on my build thread link in my signature. There are pics / video of the completed engine bay there....toward the end I think...

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)