S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 09-28-2011, 05:58 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by DFWs2k
Originally Posted by HMFIC' timestamp='1317208842' post='21015566
[quote name='metros' timestamp='1317169540' post='21013642']
Moddiction - I wouldn't hesitate to drive anywhere with my car and the PTuning kit. It's been rock solid for me and hasn't given me cause to second guess it.

Allen - I installed the Kpro on my car before I took it to PTuning for the turbo treatment. The kpro install is really just labor intensive. Nothing really complicated about it. It just takes time to do.

I have a large pipe that broke the crank pulley free fairly easily. The breaker bar I was using helped too.
So you've done it? i was thinking of getting KPRO but I dont have to worry about emissions so i never really worried about getting it. I know you don't have to worry about emissions either. I should've been in your when we were around each other to see the start up and what not.

I also don't think i have every single OEM piece on my car any more like the air pump and or those hoses going to it and what not.

Don't we have to have all that stuff for the kpro to work?
No, almost everything (if not everything) you can get rid of for AEM, you can keep off the car for kpro.

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android ftw
[/quote]

Oh wonderful! I was under the impression i needed all the OEM goodness for the KPRO to run like OEM and utilize the equipment of a stock S2000.

I guess when i get the AEM back and Toan looks at everything, we'll go from there and possibly upgrade. I also think he may incorporate the Haltech 1000 as well. He's been working on that thing when it first came out a while ago.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a day yesterday..

had to leave for Evans at 8 AM just in time for rush hour traffic.. on the way there, blew 3 fuses, car kept overheating and had to keep pulling over to replace the 30. I need that relay fix asap

finally got there, there was a problem with the EBC not working. After testing a few things, it looks to be an issue with the kpro itself (also the primary o2 voltage is not reading correctly at all.. now working with Hondata to see if they will help but it's going slowly and painfully.)

With no EBC, boost couldn't be turned up so it was tuned off the wg at 7 psi. With the 14 psi disc in the DP, it creeped to 11 by redline. I am running open dump with a single Invidia q300 70mm.

Final #s for the wastegate tune: 430 whp / ~295 wtq, power feels like a supercharger the way it builds boost slowly to redline..

overall a pretty disappointing and frustrating day.. need to fix the kpro issue (or buy a new kpro entirely if Hondata doesn't come through) and we'll go back for higher numbers.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by sunman
what a day yesterday..

had to leave for Evans at 8 AM just in time for rush hour traffic.. on the way there, blew 3 fuses, car kept overheating and had to keep pulling over to replace the 30. I need that relay fix asap

finally got there, there was a problem with the EBC not working. After testing a few things, it looks to be an issue with the kpro itself (also the primary o2 voltage is not reading correctly at all.. now working with Hondata to see if they will help but it's going slowly and painfully.)

With no EBC, boost couldn't be turned up so it was tuned off the wg at 7 psi. With the 14 psi disc in the DP, it creeped to 11 by redline. I am running open dump with a single Invidia q300 70mm.

Final #s for the wastegate tune: 430 whp / ~295 wtq, power feels like a supercharger the way it builds boost slowly to redline..

overall a pretty disappointing and frustrating day.. need to fix the kpro issue (or buy a new kpro entirely if Hondata doesn't come through) and we'll go back for higher numbers.
Those are pretty good number tho sun!

Hang in there man. Once it's all fixed and retuned, you're gonna love it!

Hopefully hondata comes through. I'm seeing more issues now with Kpro. Not a lot, but they are starting to pop up now here and there.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HMFIC
Originally Posted by sunman' timestamp='1317314104' post='21023079
what a day yesterday..

Hopefully hondata comes through. I'm seeing more issues now with Kpro. Not a lot, but they are starting to pop up now here and there.
thanks man, trying to deal with hondata is real frustrating as everyone knows, but we'll see what happens.

btw - i did buy my kpro used from someone local on s2ki.. his story was kind of shady and he sold it to me for real cheap. I even tested it in my car before I bought it cause I was so apprehensive, but not much I can do at this point. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that it's not necessarily a fault of the kpro itself, but may have more to do with installation errors from the previous owner.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HMFIC
Originally Posted by sunman' timestamp='1317314104' post='21023079
what a day yesterday..

What issues?

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android ftw
Old 09-29-2011, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i need the relay fix too...
Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sunman
what a day yesterday..

Let me know about primary o2 voltage issue also. Mine was always reading low voltage and throwing a cel. All I did was turn it off, you dont need it anyway if you have wideband. Also, I am not really sure the spal fan is even needed. Yes its powerful and maybe better but you can stick with stock fans and I am sure it would be just fine. Lots of guys run stock fans and turbo with no issues.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:30 AM

the stock fans won't fit with this kit.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:42 AM

any word on these relays getting shipped? must be busy over there called days ago someone there said they make sure toan got back to me like 4 days ago...
Old 09-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by miguel329
any word on these relays getting shipped? must be busy over there called days ago someone there said they make sure toan got back to me like 4 days ago...
We just received all the components in today to build the fan relay kit. The fan relay kit is currently being assembled along with the installation instructions. We are hoping to send out the relay kit starting on Monday of next week (Oct 3). Thank you for your patience.

MrC

Name:  CIMG5696.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  24.3 KB

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)