S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 09-26-2011, 07:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dales2000
Originally Posted by DFWs2k' timestamp='1317043583' post='21006490
So is the oil pump set up available seperately?

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android ftw
not sure did you ask them?
I asked twice in this thread; is it not ok to ask questions about parts of the kits availability in this thread?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:37 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by DFWs2k
Originally Posted by dales2000' timestamp='1317045058' post='21006602
[quote name='DFWs2k' timestamp='1317043583' post='21006490']
So is the oil pump set up available seperately?

not sure did you ask them?
I asked twice in this thread; is it not ok to ask questions about parts of the kits availability in this thread?

[/quote]

I responded but I didnt quote you.

I can't be too sure if you CAN purchase without the scavenger pump, but because the turbo sits so low and the oil cant be gravity drained since it drains lower than the oil level, the pump is what sucks the oil from the drain line back into the head.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:52 AM

I want the pump without the kit; not the kit without the pump

Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 AM

NO SOUP PHO YOU!

In that case, I don't see why that wouldn't be possible
Old 09-26-2011, 08:01 AM

And speaking of which, instead of posting in here, have you tried calling them to ask?

1-877-788-6464.

Givem a holler!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday at the track the spal fan fried the 30amp fuse.This is the 2nd time the fuse has blown. The fuse was melted inside the fuse box lol.Anyone have their oil pressure sensor break off from the pipe that connects to the turbo and filter? yesterday mine snapped off really weird
Old 09-26-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by p0staboy
Yesterday at the track the spal fan fried the 30amp fuse.This is the 2nd time the fuse has blown. The fuse was melted inside the fuse box lol.Anyone have their oil pressure sensor break off from the pipe that connects to the turbo and filter? yesterday mine snapped off really weird
Is this an aftermarket oil pressure sensor?

the pipe.............that connects to the turbo.......................and filter.... you mean the Intake pipe? If so, you have an oil pressure sensor in that pipe?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by HMFIC
Originally Posted by p0staboy' timestamp='1317057981' post='21007491
Is this an aftermarket oil pressure sensor?

the pipe.............that connects to the turbo.......................and filter.... you mean the Intake pipe? If so, you have an oil pressure sensor in that pipe?
Between turbo and oil filter, most likely

Old 09-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd like to apologize beforehand if I repeat something that has already been answered or if I forget to answer a question that has been asked. I'm kind of limited on time right now to addressing a few concerns.

We'll start off with the fan. It seems MrC already chimed in about the fan relay kit we're working on. We're waiting for all the electrical components to arrive and we'll get together the retrofit relay kit along with an instruction sheet too. Our goal is to have it ready to ship out by the end of the week.

Now, onto the oil scavenging pump. I've answered this before in previous posts, but I want to reiterate it one more time. There seems to be some confusion regarding the role of the oil scavenging pump in our turbo system. Our oil scavenging pump is a COMPLETELY PASSIVE system when it comes to affecting engine oiling function. It is designed to scavenge oil from our low mount turbo and it also doubles up as a passive oil cooling system. By passive we mean that it does not depend on the engine oil pump in any way. Technically the turbo is still also drained into the oil pan as well, albeit in a non-ideal way. With that said though, the job of the oil scavenging pump is to allow the oil exiting the turbo a free path to return back into the engine.

If the pump were to stop running, the oil will still drain into the oil pan, but at such a slow rate that the turbo will start to slowly smoke. It would give you plenty of time to pull over and address any issue without any long term damage to the turbo. Garrett GT turbos are some of the best when it comes to durability and performance, hence the reason we use them with all our turbo systems. Also, should the pump stop, your engine will NOT see an oil pressure drop in ANY WAY either, since we're not tapping into the factory oiling system. We're simply passively pumping oil from the turbo and the bottom of the oil pan.

Some people may be confusing the oil pressure idiot light on the dash as an oil pressure problem with the engine. This is not the case. We use the same ignition switched fuse pin (there really isn't much to choose from in the engine fuse box) that the SC companies use to power their aftercooler pumps. It just so happens that if we blow the shared HVAC fuse, the oil light comes on. The now supplied 10 AMP fuse has resolved any issues thus far, however, if you are having a problem with this please contact us here directly at 877-PTUNING and we will resolve the problem.

We want to thank all those who have purchased our turbo system and want to address any concerns prospective buyers may have regarding the reliability of our set-up. The few minor problems we've had thus far is equivalent to scratching the paint on your new Ferrari versus crashing the thing. Personally, I think if you were running a SC'ed car during a track event and the aftercooler pump crapped out on you without you knowing, the results would be far more catastrophic than a turbo that started to smoke. Bottom line, anything can go wrong at any time with any system, but this is not going to stop anyone from boosting their S2K. BTW, I may have repeated things here, but this thread is over 65 pages long.

- Toan
Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 AM

That's eggzachary what I said...

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)