S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 09-25-2011, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im with you on that! s2000442 kit was pricey enough lol
Old 09-25-2011, 01:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by miguel329
im with you on that! s2000442 kit was pricey enough lol
No doubt man! By the time you add clutch, exhaust,EM, injectors, tune, guages and other misc stuff your close to $10k
Old 09-25-2011, 03:31 PM

I know where 30 amp fuse goes but wats the 10 amp for?
Old 09-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I haven't read through all the thread but read some issues with the oil pumps. What's the issue with them is it something that could keep happening? Looking into possibly getting this kit over the winter.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by miguel329
I know where 30 amp fuse goes but wats the 10 amp for?
30 amp is for the fan and the 10amp replaces the 7.5amp in the car for the "heater blower". That is for the oil pump because it shares the same circuit as the blower and draws a lil more amps than 7.5
Old 09-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We are aware that a few of our customers are having issues with the radiator fan fuse blowing out when using the SPAL fan supplied with our turbo system. We have addressed this issue directly with SPAL USA and they have advice us to run the SPAL fan on it's on relay and fuse setup due to the spike in current draw when the SPAL fan switches on. Although only a few of our customers have had this issue, we wanted to be proactive and supply a relay and fuse kit for the SPAL fan to eliminate this issue altogether. This relay kit will be supplied free of charge to all of our existing and future ptuning turbo system owner. We will announce the availability of the kit this coming week.

As for the oil pump noise issue that was brought to our attention by two of our customers, we have brought this issue up with the manufacturer of the scavenge pump and we'll have an answer to the issue shortly. They have assured us that they've had zero failure rate with the pump when we first contacted them about this pump noise.

We have gone to great lengths to develop what we feel is one of the most reliable, high-hp, bolt-on turbo system on the market for the s2000 and we want each of our customers to have confidence in our product and know that we stand behind our product 100%. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our turbo system, please don't hesitate to ask.

MrC
Old 09-25-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
I haven't read through all the thread but read some issues with the oil pumps. What's the issue with them is it something that could keep happening? Looking into possibly getting this kit over the winter.
it just seems like some people got a bad pump. Ptuning replaced mine really quickly. Easy to replace and it seems to working fine now. I believe the pumps come with a 2 year warranty.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ptuning
We are aware that a few of our customers are having issues with the radiator fan fuse blowing out when using the SPAL fan supplied with our turbo system. We have addressed this issue directly with SPAL USA and they have advice us to run the SPAL fan on it's on relay and fuse setup due to the spike in current draw when the SPAL fan switches on. Although only a few of our customers have had this issue, we wanted to be proactive and supply a relay and fuse kit for the SPAL fan to eliminate this issue altogether. This relay kit will be supplied free of charge to all of our existing and future ptuning turbo system owner. We will announce the availability of the kit this coming week.

As for the oil pump noise issue that was brought to our attention by two of our customers, we have brought this issue up with the manufacturer of the scavenge pump and we'll have an answer to the issue shortly. They have assured us that they've had zero failure rate with the pump when we first contacted them about this pump noise.

We have gone to great lengths to develop what we feel is one of the most reliable, high-hp, bolt-on turbo system on the market for the s2000 and we want each of our customers to have confidence in our product and know that we stand behind our product 100%. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our turbo system, please don't hesitate to ask.

MrC

Old 09-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dales2000
Originally Posted by Moddiction' timestamp='1316995079' post='21004857
it just seems like some people got a bad pump. Ptuning replaced mine really quickly. Easy to replace and it seems to working fine now. I believe the pumps come with a 2 year warranty.

The oil supply is separate from engine oil with this kit? If it stops did your turbo get killed?
Old 09-25-2011, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding the "Oil-Pump" issue.....PTuning has suggested that I make a complete "fresh oil-change" to see if the newly developed raspy / ratteling buzzing noises that are now coming from the pump go away....citing that since my engine in this case is "new" fresh from the build that it is possible that some small amounts of new engine debris are somehow slightly messing with the pump's performance.

The oil has been chaged once with the swap-out of the engine break-in oil, and since has about 1800 miles on the current oil.

I will likely not be able to get to the oil change until the coming weekend, but I'll let you guys know if that eliminates the issue.

I am glad to report that PTuning is standing firmly behind their product and has already stated that if the oil-change does not eliminate the noise / rattle / buzzing issue, that they will send a new pump out immediately

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)