S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 09-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Batbite
Originally Posted by JspecVtec' timestamp='1316751117' post='20997855
i put my single ptuning exhaust on today and the muffler seems to move around a lot, is that correct?
I had the exact same issue with the PTuning dual. I fixed the issue by having the shop weld an additional hanger further forward so the exhaust can make use of the OEM hanger location not used / incorporated by PTuning......this also snugged the exhaust up and provided additional clearance along with stabilizing the movement you mentioned. The hanger is welded to the forward section of the exhaust can. I left the hanger weld with the "rainbow" colored welds

In addition to the added hanger, I also had the shop get rid of the sliding joint at the "Y" connection (for the dual exhaust)and the connecting clamp and just weld that location. I think the weld looks better and much cleaner than the clamp supplied by PTuning, and it bought me another 1/8" of ground clearance....which is a lot considering how low the dual exhaust sits at that point & I'm lowered pretty far.

**not pictured** I also had the shop polish out the "rainbow" weld effect at the "Y" connection shown above, and the weld joint almost dissappeared all together like it was supposed to be like that all along.

We designed our exhaust to use the double hanger exhaust bushing (see below). By doing so, you will eliminate the side to side movement.

Also be sure to use the factory exhaust hanger for the midpipe (see below).

Please contact us if you have any further questions.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:38 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Ptuning
Originally Posted by Batbite' timestamp='1316753674' post='20997959
[quote name='JspecVtec' timestamp='1316751117' post='20997855']
i put my single ptuning exhaust on today and the muffler seems to move around a lot, is that correct?
I had the exact same issue with the PTuning dual. I fixed the issue by having the shop weld an additional hanger further forward so the exhaust can make use of the OEM hanger location not used / incorporated by PTuning......this also snugged the exhaust up and provided additional clearance along with stabilizing the movement you mentioned. The hanger is welded to the forward section of the exhaust can. I left the hanger weld with the "rainbow" colored welds

In addition to the added hanger, I also had the shop get rid of the sliding joint at the "Y" connection (for the dual exhaust)and the connecting clamp and just weld that location. I think the weld looks better and much cleaner than the clamp supplied by PTuning, and it bought me another 1/8" of ground clearance....which is a lot considering how low the dual exhaust sits at that point & I'm lowered pretty far.

**not pictured** I also had the shop polish out the "rainbow" weld effect at the "Y" connection shown above, and the weld joint almost dissappeared all together like it was supposed to be like that all along.

We designed our exhaust to use the double hanger exhaust bushing (see below). By doing so, you will eliminate the side to side movement.

Also be sure to use the factory exhaust hanger for the midpipe (see below).

Please contact us if you have any further questions.
[/quote]

Old 09-23-2011, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the double hanger bushing another part we have to get? i don't remember seeing that on my car. i think i only have a single by the muffler
Old 09-23-2011, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JspecVtec
is the double hanger bushing another part we have to get? i don't remember seeing that on my car. i think i only have a single by the muffler
I can tell you that my exhaust did not come with one from PTuning.....if it had I would have used it. There was also no mention / or picture of it in the exhaust instructions.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:31 AM

Those double hangers are OEM. they come with the car.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Batbite
Originally Posted by JspecVtec' timestamp='1316795694' post='20999367
I can tell you that my exhaust did not come with one from PTuning.....if it had I would have used it. There was also no mention / or picture of it in the exhaust instructions.
We apologized for any confusion with the installation of our exhaust system on an AP1 and we will make a note of this exhaust hanger requirement on our website.

Our Ptuning s2000 3" single and dual exhaust systems do not include the oem AP2 triangle-style exhaust hanger bushings. We designed our exhaust system to utilize the oem AP2 bushing to eliminate excessive exhaust movement. If you install our exhaust system on an AP2 s2000, you will simply use the existing oem hanger bushings. If you have an AP1, you will need to purchase either one or two, depending on if you're running the single or dual exhaust, triangle-style bushing for an AP2 from your local honda dealership.

If there's no local honda dealership in your area for you to purchase these bushings, we can also sell you these oem AP2 hanger bushings. Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Honda AP2 Rear Hanger Exhaust Bushing available on our website: http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...odelDesc=S2000

MrC
Old 09-23-2011, 02:10 PM

thanks for the quick reply ptuning
Old 09-23-2011, 03:25 PM

Why do you have a "Top always down" on your sig but then have a mugen hardtop on your s2000 on your sig?
Old 09-23-2011, 04:35 PM

hey don't make fun of me. i'll fix it later
Old 09-23-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by JspecVtec
hey don't make fun of me. i'll fix it later

just asking

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)