S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 08-18-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you're adding as much HP (400 - 500+) to your car as the PTuning kits adds / has the capacity to add.....quibbling over a few horse power from one high-flow 3" exhaust system vs. another seems a bit trivial and kind of a bench-racing mind set. With the PTuning kit and varying 3" exhausts including a high-flow cat like the Berk...I would doubt you see variances more than about 15-HP or so (when tested / dyno'd under the exact same conditions)
NOT what I am talking about. STOCK (or close to it) exhaust and cat vs. an extra $1600+ for a 3" + 3" cat - worth the wongo? Who knows - a stock setup hasn't been tested. Who cares? ME, when you start talking $11k+ just for an (installed) kit ..................... (don't forget about the likely $3500 for a decent rear-end setup - that stocker will only hold up if you drive like a Pansy - been there).
It all adds up. Being able to make educated purchases on items of substantial value is just good sense when it's over a grand, and you've already sunk so much more than that into the car which isn't going to return 50c/$100 for modifications made.. Some don't care - they gotta have all the latest/greatest. I walked down that road once and left my pockets empty; hope to be able to make better informed decisions this time around. ymmv.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kleecker

When you're adding as much HP (400 - 500+) to your car as the PTuning kits adds / has the capacity to add.....quibbling over a few horse power from one high-flow 3" exhaust system vs. another seems a bit trivial and kind of a bench-racing mind set. With the PTuning kit and varying 3" exhausts including a high-flow cat like the Berk...I would doubt you see variances more than about 15-HP or so (when tested / dyno'd under the exact same conditions)
..........Who knows - a stock setup hasn't been tested. Who cares? ME, when you start talking $11k+ just for an (installed) kit .....................
Dude, nobody is trying to start a debate with you here.....just offer up possible solutions for your question posed earlier.

If you're curently short on cash, but know you want the kit, why not use a high-flow cat (modified to fit the PTuning v-band) and the stock exhaust....going that route will only cost about $300 at the most.....then you could always upgrade the exhaust system later if you decide its worth the wongo.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with batbite. I'm not quite sure why this whole concept is so complex. Your whole build shouldn't really orient around which exhaust system you're running. Set a power goal and plan how you'll get there, the second step should include how you're going to pass emissions etc. You may need to make some compromises between your goal, budget, and needs to get to the final set up.

BTW, does inline pro even have an exhaust system for their kit? What sense would it make for PTuning to design an exhaust system and then dyno everybody elses equipment? The beauty of this turbo kit is that everything is designed to work together from start to finish.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by metros
I'm with batbite. I'm not quite sure why this whole concept is so complex. Your whole build shouldn't really orient around which exhaust system you're running. Set a power goal and plan how you'll get there, the second step should include how you're going to pass emissions etc. You may need to make some compromises between your goal, budget, and needs to get to the final set up.

BTW, does inline pro even have an exhaust system for their kit? What sense would it make for PTuning to design an exhaust system and then dyno everybody elses equipment? The beauty of this turbo kit is that everything is designed to work together from start to finish.
Well stated
Old 08-19-2011, 08:33 AM

Let me know if you have further questions to about Ptuning turbo kit for your s2k.

Doug Ptuning
Old 08-19-2011, 09:58 AM

damn so if i get this kit i have to ditch my j's 70RR?
Old 08-19-2011, 10:16 AM

Location: Performance Tuning (PTUNING) 9432 Center Point Lane Manassas, VA 20110

Originally Posted by ArchAngel2K
damn so if i get this kit i have to ditch my j's 70RR?
No you don't. You can run our test pipe which will allow you to keep your J's exhaust.

-Brian
Old 08-19-2011, 10:22 AM

my j's is a header back so the test pipe is a no go for me
Old 08-19-2011, 10:32 AM

Location: Performance Tuning (PTUNING) 9432 Center Point Lane Manassas, VA 20110

Link?
Old 08-19-2011, 11:06 AM

Ya, he's right. J's isnt a cat back exhaust, One solid peice to the header.I believe its this

http://www.vexmotorsports.com/Js-Rac...ue_p_1647.html

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)