S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Ptuning Oil Filter Relocation

Old 03-24-2013, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ptuning Oil Filter Relocation

I did a search and couldn't find any threads about the Ptuning relocation kit, or anyone using it. Does anyone currently have it installed or pictures? Also from Ptunings website I can't tell if they are including the block adapter or what. I'm aware of all the parts I need to piece together a kit on summitracing, however, with their pricing it comes to about $350. The Ptuning kit has SS lines all for $275, just wondering if it includes absolutely everything. I'm also looking into the oil distribution block to make all my lines clean. I'm winding down to the last little pieces for my kit, so I'm getting pretty excited! Any help would be appreciated. Even suggestions to maybe a different relocation kit.

For compatability, I'm going to be using the Full Race twin scroll manifold, and I like the idea of using the lower rad support for the remote filter. Saw a picture from Herecomesboost and for me it seems to be the best spot. I don't really like relocationg it to the front of the block, I think it's an eyesore. I was also thinking the crossmember, but same is true for that, I'd rather not see it.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't aware that Ptuning made a relocation kit for our cars... I just looked on their site and I didn't see anything. I have their turbo kit and if they did make a relocation kit, I'm sure they would have included it with the turbo kit because the filter location is CLOSE to the intake pipe.

Also, I may be partial, but relocating to the head is not an eyesore:
-old kit
Old 03-24-2013, 09:30 AM

They don't have a relocation kit.nothing needs to be relocated with their kit

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 AM

It looks like they sell the Greddy relocation kit on their site, but they don't make one themselves.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:31 AM

hmm, must be what I was looking at. Okay, so similar question then. Even if it's the greddy relocation kit, does it include everything?

AFs2k do you think there would be enough line to route it to the lower rad support? I agree your engine bay doesn't look too bad, but I would prefer it to be out of sight. Plus, I plan to put a ptuning oil distribution block right there.... lol can't put two things there!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:38 AM

The greddy relocation kit will not get you enough SS line to put it to the lower rad support. At most you may end up putting it in this location (greddy turbo standard location):

-old old pic (look for the K&N oil filter in the lower portion)

You'll have to make something yourself. That's what I did. And yeah, putting the relotator and the oil distribution block in the same place might be a little hard...
Old 03-24-2013, 11:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What he (JayS2kRio) is referencing (my old setup; located the filter on the lower rad support):

Old 03-24-2013, 11:40 AM

Yeah, looks like I'm just going to go the summit racing route and get my own lengths.... I see the oil filter, but what exactly is the bracket connected to? I don't even know if I'm going to have room right there, haha, there is going to be a huge turbo sitting right there...
Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 AM

Kyle, did you piece together stuff from summit racing when you did your old setup?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:48 AM

i bought the 1 from summit for $53 and ran my own lines...no where near $350...mounted mine on that bar above the rack

Quick Reply: Ptuning Oil Filter Relocation