S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

problem with AEM Peak Hold driver, I think

Old 12-07-2007, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default problem with AEM Peak Hold driver, I think

My tuner just finished the first stage of tuning on my car and we are test driving if right now. It's mapped and drives great, only low boost uptill now.

Problem: engine won't turn while starting

The engine stopped running while gearing back to second to take a speed bump. I was driving really slow and hadn't pushed the engine hard at all.
I pulled over, stopped the car and tried to start it again thinking I just stalled it.
In the begin the engine would turn for seconds but nothing would happen.
After a few tries only the starter turns but when it tries to start the engine it comes to a pretty fierce halt, the engine will not turn at all.

We think there is alot of gas in the cilinders now and that's why it will not turn.
I'm at home right now and don't have the gear to remove the plugs. I'll get one in the morning.

Plan:

The plan is to remove the plugs and wiring. Keep it open and dry start the engine so the gas will come out through the plug holes.
Then it should start again.

WHY??

What is going on here? While mapping we noticed the AEM EMS unit (I bought from GDM S2K) was broken so we swapped it for a new one that was working in another car.
Is it the Peak and Hold injector driver that's flipping out now and than? It's brand new.

Something weird happened while on the bridge too. The car was running idle for 15 minutes when suddenly smoke came out of the exhaust en then even gas. The engine stalled. After a few hours we started the engine again and everything was fine again. We tried to reproduce it later but it didn't happen anymore. We drove for at least 300km uptill now without problems.

Any ideas?
Old 12-07-2007, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull your plugs and check for fuel in the cylinders. I had some injectors stick open once, you wouild not believe the amount of fuel that will flow.

Can you hear your starter clicking?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by gotswap,Dec 7 2007, 09:43 PM
Pull your plugs and check for fuel in the cylinders. I had some injectors stick open once, you wouild not believe the amount of fuel that will flow.

Can you hear your starter clicking?
yep, starter is doing it's job but once it tries to turn the engine it all comes to a halt.

so yeah, i'll pull the plugs and dry start it.

Do you think it's the P&H ?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:36 PM

prolly something along those lines

Check all your connections, possibly your logs and see whatis going on
Old 12-10-2007, 03:44 AM

I pulled the plugs and dry started the car. Alot of gas was coming out of cylinder #1 indicating something wrong with the injector or the p&h on that channel.

I switched it from channel #1 to an unused channel #10. Dry started the engine again and this time no more fuel coming out. So channel #1 seems to be broken.

Plugs back in, started the engine (after a few tries it started) and let it run for 20 minutes or so because there was alot of fuel in the oil.

I'll test drive it tonight to see if the car runs ok.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:50 AM

Excellent, call AEM and see if they will replace the box.