S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Probelm with AEM serial gauge

Old 02-18-2009, 02:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Probelm with AEM serial gauge

I posted this here cause my car is boosted running a AEM 1052 and I know alot of you other boosted s2ks are running this gauge and dont check the electronics section...

If you are familiar with the serial gauge im sure you know that it has an auto dimming feature on it. My problem is that the auto dim doesnt work on H20 (water temp), IA7, or 02l

The gauge stays full bright on these settings and even flickers sometimes, on the rest of the displays it works fine...

One wierd thing is that that my wiring harness has 2 black wires (ground), red (+) and a green. The book doesnt mention anything about 2 ground wires though?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ground both wires, it's kinda dumb but that there's two wires instead of one, but just ground both and you'll be set. if you don't have both grounded try that first and see what happens, I never had a problem with the two I have.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:32 PM

Yup both are grounded I just wanted to be sure, I tried it without one and vice versa to see if that made a difference but no luck. Its been doing it since new but I was hoping it wasnt anything minor, I dont get why it only does it while displaying certain gauges though?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:06 PM

that is weird, I've never seen that on mine, try updating the firmware and uploading your calibration file again, if it's still doing it then you'll probably have to call AEM, not sure what else there would be to try
Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM

Where do I find a firmware update? I tried reloading my own cal file and even loaded the base cal file and it still did the same thing. Talked to AEM and they said to send it in since i only bought it in september its under warranty.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:09 PM

in your ProGauge programs folder there's a sg1.10.hex file, that's your firmware file. you'll have to open up the ProGauge software and use it to upload the firmware and then reload your cal. it's worth trying before you have to send the gauge back.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:32 AM

Hey candymanjl appreciate the help! I found the file in my aem folder but I still cant figure out how to load it to the gauge, I see the "Flash-Gauge" icon in the file dropdown but cant select it? Is there some sort of procedure to reload the firmware? Also is there any updated firmware from aem?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:31 AM

just open up the GuagePro software and go to file->flash gauge. then a pop up window will let you select the firmware. I haven't done it personally but most likely you'll have to reload your cal file after updating the firmware.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:33 AM

sorry, I just re-read your post. I wasn't able to select "flash gauge" until I opened a cal file first, then I could select "flash gauge".

Old 02-19-2009, 01:13 PM

Hey I tried reflashing the gauge, still same problem...Hey candymanjl can you do a quick check for me to see if im chasing something that is normal? Go to your gauge, and in the middle between the two buttons there is a little dot which is the light sensor used to dim the gauge. Play around with it for a minute covering up that light sensor while displaying different gauges youll see it dims as you cover it brightens at you remove your finger etc... see if your gauge dims on H20, IA7, or 02l as it does on the rest of the gauges.

It seems if I hold my finger over top of the sensor while switching between gauges i can get h20 to stay dim, as soon as i remove my finger it goes bright and doesnt really want to dim after that...

But if you could run a quick check on yours for me it would be more than appreciated

Quick Reply: Probelm with AEM serial gauge