S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

People that have spun a bearing while boosted

Old 05-05-2010, 12:32 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Adam is such a worry wart too. LOL Come on guys, tell him how strong the stock block really is. Maybe LJ from Full Blown (He personally told me that he is beating the living crap out of his personal S on the stock block at over 650 whp with no problems), Evans, Tony from T1 or Kutsujula can chime in here to ease his worries.

It'll be just fine man. We will see how it does on the dyno and make the call then.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am a firm believer that this motor can take anything that you want to put it thru! Tom from InlinePro is on the quest to find out where the breaking point will be and at what power level it breaks... there hasent been one failure that i know of from to much power, bad tunes, bad gas, bad oil sure have killed motors, but not to much power on a safe tune.....

TURN THAT SHIT UP CHAD AND LETS SEE IT!!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by boostedf22c,May 5 2010, 11:38 AM
As a wise man named Fathouse says, "Turn up da boost"
Yea i know Jeremy/Fathouse very well and for many years as im sure u know BoostedF20C. We have "turned up da boost" on our cars quite a bit in the past. I love da boost!! But still doesn't make me not worry about the stock engine at 700WHP and 9500RPM doing hard HWY pulls LOL! I know the tune is good as i been tunaring for a bit on MANY different applications so im not 1 bit worried in that area... But i cant prevent any other failures... And they do happen as we all know. Now if Chad had another built engine setting there in the garage ready to drop in id say "hey lets see how much it'll make before it goes BOOM!!

So my question is what have these engines made in stock form and LIVED for any amount of time doing so?? I am not curious about a 1 time dyno pull or a couple pulls then turned it down for bragging etc.. Im talking about the highest WHP and leave it there and let it rip!!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 AM

772WHP IS THE STANDING RECORD (S366, 33psi, Q16)

this was done by Rob! and Jeff Evans, the motor isnt the issue at that point, its the fact the tranny wont go into gear at high speeds any more, these synchros were NEVER made to work under those conditions lol, even a SUPER low milage tranny wont do it.....
Old 05-06-2010, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irishflame27,May 6 2010, 06:26 AM
772WHP IS THE STANDING RECORD (S366, 33psi, Q16)

this was done by Rob! and Jeff Evans, the motor isnt the issue at that point, its the fact the tranny wont go into gear at high speeds any more, these synchros were NEVER made to work under those conditions lol, even a SUPER low milage tranny wont do it.....
Was that stock or a 3mm h/g?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 AM

3MM HG STOCK HEADBOLTS
Old 05-06-2010, 10:15 AM

I spun the bearings on my motor twice.

First time was b/c of a blown HG compromising the oil (spun before it overheated, somehow). Then they spun again after it was rebuilt, because the shop did not replace the oil pump with the rebuild (the cleaned / turned it, and said it looked OK)... It only lasted about 2 weeks before it died (oil pump failure = instant spun bearings).

John
Old 05-06-2010, 10:48 AM

maybe the oil pump was the culprit all along, i dont see how a HG failure would cause you to spin a bearing even with oil/coolant mixing....
Old 05-06-2010, 03:36 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Blevins Tuning,May 6 2010, 02:18 AM
Yea i know Jeremy/Fathouse very well and for many years as im sure u know BoostedF20C. We have "turned up da boost" on our cars quite a bit in the past. I love da boost!! But still doesn't make me not worry about the stock engine at 700WHP and 9500RPM doing hard HWY pulls LOL! I know the tune is good as i been tunaring for a bit on MANY different applications so im not 1 bit worried in that area... But i cant prevent any other failures... And they do happen as we all know. Now if Chad had another built engine setting there in the garage ready to drop in id say "hey lets see how much it'll make before it goes BOOM!!

So my question is what have these engines made in stock form and LIVED for any amount of time doing so?? I am not curious about a 1 time dyno pull or a couple pulls then turned it down for bragging etc.. Im talking about the highest WHP and leave it there and let it rip!!
I hear ya dude. I would never push a stock engine to those numbers. It's just not worth it. But I race my car at the track and on the street a ton. It would never last. Chadd on the other hand rarely drives the car, so his motor lasting a couple years would only last a week if I had it.

Personally I feel you are rolling the dice on the stock motor over 700whp. Some have gotten lucky and had no issues, others haven't with less. The way I look at it is it's cheaper to put rods/pistons/sleeves, than it is to catastrophically destroy a stock motor, and have to start all over again with a new core.

To each their own though.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:05 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Ive never heard of a f22c or f22c breaking a rod or having a catastrophic failure from pushing the limits with a very good tune with good fuel. I think if anything fails, it maybe would be a ring land taking a crap. If that happened, it would only burn oil and possibly scare the cylinder walls. This wouldnt matter to me anyway because I plan on building the engine at the end of the season. I just want to push it to 700 whp and see if it will live there for the rest of the season. I honestly think it'll last and I want to prove that. I trust Adam's tuning or I wouldnt want to do this and thats why I want to go for it and prove to him and everyone else that this engine is very strong in stock form. I dont beat on the car very much anyway. Maybe 5-6 full boost runs a weekend, if that.

LJ from Full Blown confirmed that the stock f20c engine is very strong. He personally told me that he is a little over 650 whp and he literally beats the living sh*t out of it and hasnt had any problems. If he can do that with no problems, then I think I am safe to go for 50 whp more and not beat on it all the time like he does. I believe his whp numbers are off of a dynojet also, so thats pretty much true whp numbers.

Quick Reply: People that have spun a bearing while boosted