S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

is this an ok vacuum line setup?

Old 04-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this an ok vacuum line setup?

I want to make sure the way my vacuum lines are setup are ok. For some reason it's really making me paranoid. I made a separate post about my catch can and what my tuner had said. He had put a cap on my intake manifold vacuum line. I originally had the catch connected to the pcv and the intake manifold but my tuner said that I would be causing to much pressure into the catch can. Another member on here suggested putting a filter on the catch can to release the pressure. From talking to a local shop they said if I did that, it would cause a leak because of the intake manifold. I decided to leave everything they way it was from leaving the tuner. I have the pcv connected to the catch can, but no other hose coming from the catch can. The intake manifold is still caped.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Post doesn't really make any sense.
vent the catch to atmosphere or run it back to vacuum, doesn't make a difference. Put a breather on the front as you don't want pressure in the crank case anyway. To much pressure in the catch can??? Who is your tuner?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Banned

Ams a very well know company. Ill have to take a picture.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:27 PM

I wouldnt run a vacuum line to the catch can if that is what you are asking. Simply put a filter on the top of the catch can and any port on the intake manifold un used just cap off. Run your breather lines off the valve cover directly to the catch can.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:18 PM

Seth I think you need this type of Catch can

http://www.maperformance.com/jm-fab-univer...-catch-can.html

I have been talking to Jack (Goddrad) about by set up and he suggested the same set up as AMS. He told me cap off the intake manifold, connect the PVC to a vented catch can, and put a breather in the front..

BTW I'm going to order the same type of catch can as well...
Old 04-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Banned

I may not being using the technical names accurately. Here is a picture. You can see where the hose from the catch can is connected. The other hose that would come from the catch can was then connected where the cap is now. My tuner said that this is how it is suppose to be connected, but with 24psi it could cause too much pressure in the catch can. He then added the cap. I went to a local shop to pick up an adapter I needed to hook up my coolant temp gauge. I was going to buy a thread and filter and tap it into the cusco catch can to make it vented. He said if I took the cap off and tapped a filter into the catch can that, that would cause a leak.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Catch can should have 2 holes nd whatever they are using to show you a measurement for oil inside. One of the ports should come from the back of the valve cover. The other should be vented, which would allow ZERO pressure inside of the catch can, or can be routed back to the intake mani which could potentially cause a pressure in the catch can. I have a krank vent inline on my setup, it doesn't serve a purpose really.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Banned

that didn't really make sense to me.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Banned

Seth I think you need this type of Catch can

http://www.maperformance.com/jm-fab-...catch-can.html

I have been talking to Jack (Goddrad) about by set up and he suggested the same set up as AMS. He told me cap off the intake manifold, connect the PVC to a vented catch can, and put a breather in the front..

BTW I'm going to order the same type of catch can as well.
So that's basically how I have it set up now. Pcv to the catch can and then nothing else. Your just saying the catch can should be vented? If nothing else is connected to the catch can, wouldn't that be the same as having it vented? Air would be able to escape through the other port on the catch can. No?
Old 04-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Banned

1. Should I just put a krankvent on the pcv and then put the old hose back on the pcv to the intake manifold and get rid of the catch can?

2. My tuner did say all i needed to do was put a check valve between the catch can and the intake manifold. Where can i get the check valve from?