S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Nitrous and Kraftwerks

Old 05-08-2009, 11:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nitrous and Kraftwerks

Perhaps the KW owners haven't had their cars long enough to be bored with the power, but with all the trouble it seems to take to get WHP of those kits into the low 400s, it makes me wonder if this would be a more effective approach to satisfy a thirst for more power:

Why not combine the KW youtune kit with a direct port, fully tuned, large (100-150) shot of nitrous?

The supercharger then has on demand all the power and low end torque of a larger turbo, still no turbo lag, still no heat issues, and it still keeps the flat torque curve and linear powerband that characterizes the NA S2000. I understand the desire to get the power out of the blower, but I think we're well into diminishing returns at 400, and 380 + 125 with nitrous would probably be less trouble and hassle than ~425-450whp through modifications to the kit.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I see no one has really jumped into reply.

My only concern is that the OEM fuel system is maxed out as it is with the KW system pushing 10psi. Even with a boost-a-pump you'll be doing maybe 450whp max with the fuel system as it sits.

So assuming you have a K-pro and a direct port nitrous system combined with the KW @ 10psi. The issue I see still remains with fuel delivery. Once you squeeze that 100 shot how are you going to supply fuel? Maybe 1000cc injectors ready to push out more fuel? Or would a wet system with an additional injector be better?

IMO the only way i would do to ensure proper safety would be a direct port system with four 30hp nozzles, and have the engine management supply the proper nitrous map.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:44 PM

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandMasterKhan,May 10 2009, 02:29 AM
I see no one has really jumped into reply.

My only concern is that the OEM fuel system is maxed out as it is with the KW system pushing 10psi. Even with a boost-a-pump you'll be doing maybe 450whp max with the fuel system as it sits.

So assuming you have a K-pro and a direct port nitrous system combined with the KW @ 10psi. The issue I see still remains with fuel delivery. Once you squeeze that 100 shot how are you going to supply fuel? Maybe 1000cc injectors ready to push out more fuel? Or would a wet system with an additional injector be better?

IMO the only way i would do to ensure proper safety would be a direct port system with four 30hp nozzles, and have the engine management supply the proper nitrous map.
direct kits inject both fuel n nitrous tho so stock fuel system wouldnt matter i thought?
Old 05-10-2009, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or maybe we should look into fitting the C38 blower on, the guy on the other thread just did a 11s run with the C38 blower.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:23 PM

Hmm good idea i want to ethier supercharge my CR or use nos on it not sure which but i only want around 300-330rwhp. And keep all internals stock as possible. I would think that u could use both just need a clutch and flywheel up grade
Old 05-10-2009, 02:31 PM

This is the problem when first going for a specific solution that dont have much room for changes. Many things at the edge, close to maximum capacity and no stand alone engine management.

Ofcourse it is possible to do but be ready to change alot. Thats what I think.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'd honestly rather go through the hard work and upgrade the blower to a C38 than have temporary nitrous.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess that makes sense... if 360-380whp isn't enough, then just put up the extra money, get a different & bigger blower, and figure it out. After all, adding nitrous is far from cheap and painless--you'd have to get a Kpro/etc, a direct port kit, and then spend a ton of time tuning it with somebody that knows what they're doing. And the benefits of the extra low-end torque are offset by the fact that you have to fill it up and have reduced the reliability of the out-of-the-box kit quite a bit.

But nitrous has been around for a while--it's understood, so it's easy to predict the costs, benefits, and risks of using it as opposed to trying to fit, fab, and configure a new blower. I just keep seeing threads talking about the lengths people are going just to eke out a little more from that rotrex system. I wonder how often people really want to use that 450whp instead of a meager 360-380. I thought that 360-380 would be enough to putz around town with, and the on-demand low end torque with ~500 whp at peak would fill the need for speed...

I guess I've never tried the crazy horsepower drug though, so maybe 'you always want more' makes this an expensive solution in the long term--when 500whp gets old and you want to do wheelstands running 9's like inlinepro...
Old 05-11-2009, 01:00 AM

My previous s never had more than about 330 whp, however the initial target when building it was 350whp. I ran out of injectorsize due to the E85 setup.
This time I will go for 350 again and I don't feel I need more than this. Ofcourse the power will feel like less when time goes by as you get used to it, but the car is still as fast.

I always thought about 350whp is a good mix of fuel economy, reliability risks and power.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:48 AM

I forget his name but a guy on here was making 340 whp with just nitrous, im making 318 whp and 284 wtq no tune with nitrous, for about a year now. Still running perfect compression in every cylinder.

Quick Reply: Nitrous and Kraftwerks