S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

New TTS supercharger kit

Old 05-23-2024, 05:12 AM

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default New TTS supercharger kit

Now simply waiting for this kit to incorporate the C38 line of superchargers...most specifically the C38R-112!
The following users liked this post:
Spoolin (06-06-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 08:46 AM

Received 630 Likes on 430 Posts

Surprised no one commented; this is pretty big news given the fact that new boost offerings have all but stagnated for this platform. I believe the only other new offering for the s2k is the Jackson Racing kit and no one really knows what's going on with that; but, at the same time, what's the point of dealing with the complexity of producing and mounting a traditional rotrex if there's reverse rotation now - maybe that sent JR back to the drawing board?

And hell yeah; the ability to mount a C38R is huge! I know it's been done before with other blowers, but I think the C38R will deffo and easily take most s2ks over 550whp and into 600 +++ whp supercharged territory, which used to be a mythical zone for supercharged s2ks. Hoping Richard and team at TTS design a very aesthetically pleasing mounting setup for it (I know he's just using a rudimentary steel plate for mockup); hopefully still a nice thick piece of CNC aluminum goodness, this time ideally incorporating some vibration isolators like SoS had done.

The only thing that kind of perplexes me is the fact that they're opting for a cog drive on this one, when in the past they were vehemently opposed citing durability and reliability issues (as evidenced by the high rate of KW kit failures and eventual redesign to a serpentine drive). Apparently the updated shaft design Rotrex is using seems to be the ticket for Richard to feel comfortable going to a toothed setup. I like his idea of simplicity but I'm still thinking only 2 brackets is a little light for mounting; especially if you move to the C38R. Anyways really excited to see where this goes! Kinda regretting my choice to go turbo now, lol.

Last edited by Kyle; 05-28-2024 at 08:49 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kyle:
06S2k07Si (05-28-2024), Spoolin (06-06-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 06:22 PM

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
Surprised no one commented; this is pretty big news given the fact that new boost offerings have all but stagnated for this platform. I believe the only other new offering for the s2k is the Jackson Racing kit and no one really knows what's going on with that; but, at the same time, what's the point of dealing with the complexity of producing and mounting a traditional rotrex if there's reverse rotation now - maybe that sent JR back to the drawing board?

And hell yeah; the ability to mount a C38R is huge! I know it's been done before with other blowers, but I think the C38R will deffo and easily take most s2ks over 550whp and into 600 +++ whp supercharged territory, which used to be a mythical zone for supercharged s2ks. Hoping Richard and team at TTS design a very aesthetically pleasing mounting setup for it (I know he's just using a rudimentary steel plate for mockup); hopefully still a nice thick piece of CNC aluminum goodness, this time ideally incorporating some vibration isolators like SoS had done.

The only thing that kind of perplexes me is the fact that they're opting for a cog drive on this one, when in the past they were vehemently opposed citing durability and reliability issues (as evidenced by the high rate of KW kit failures and eventual redesign to a serpentine drive). Apparently the updated shaft design Rotrex is using seems to be the ticket for Richard to feel comfortable going to a toothed setup. I like his idea of simplicity but I'm still thinking only 2 brackets is a little light for mounting; especially if you move to the C38R. Anyways really excited to see where this goes! Kinda regretting my choice to go turbo now, lol.
All good thoughts...perhaps we will see!
Old 05-29-2024, 04:12 AM

Received 1,381 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Reason cogged, I'm thinking the issue is a C38R ribbed belt needs more ribs than will fit at our crank pulley.

There just isn't enough belt contact surface even with a lot of belt wrap without going wider belt. But wider ribbed belt would interfere with steering rack.

Cogged won't slip. But I still think its a bad idea. Not something rotrex themselves support. I would seek other means to make whatever width ribbed belt fits work.

Special surface treatment to crank and sc pulley. Or maybe a really large crank pulley would clear rack ears, allowing wider belt (and proportionally larger sc pulley).

Last edited by Car Analogy; 05-29-2024 at 04:19 AM.
Kyle (05-29-2024)
Old 05-29-2024, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Reason cogged, I'm thinking the issue is a C38R ribbed belt needs more ribs than will fit at our crank pulley.

There just isn't enough belt contact surface even with a lot of belt wrap without going wider belt. But wider ribbed belt would interfere with steering rack.

Cogged won't slip. But I still think its a bad idea. Not something rotrex themselves support. I would seek other means to make whatever width ribbed belt fits work.

Special surface treatment to crank and sc pulley. Or maybe a really large crank pulley would clear rack ears, allowing wider belt (and proportionally larger sc pulley).
Hey hey! I actually just remembered - Weren't you working on something similar to this as well? Still a thought or no?
Old 05-29-2024, 09:53 AM

Received 1,381 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Yes, getting closer.

I'm working on a ribbed conversion kit for KW kit.

With a proper auto tensioner, proper belt wrap, and reinforced bracket mounts.

I've got most of the pieces to build a prototype.

Separately, also working on an option for w2a ic for kw kit, which could be used with or without my ribbed conv kit.

I've also mapped out ideas for an all new C38R ccw, very similar to what TTS just revealed they're working on. But mine would use a tensioned, ribbed belt. I'm just concerned widest possible belt we could fit wouldn't be enough. I know more research needed there, so haven't put as much energy into that. But as soon as TTS said cogged, I kinda figured that was why.

I kinda tipped my hat on ideas I had for working around the C38R ribbed belt width issue. Giving away my ideas knowing TTS could pick them up. They have way more resources to bring this to market than I do, and I'd rather them than something else lame from everyone that has tried to add anything to the Rotrex S2k party. TTS is only ones that seem to have any clue. Also realize they're smart enough to come with those same ideas I put out there.
06S2k07Si (05-31-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 04:41 AM

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Ribbed belt is necessary as you do not have clearance for the 10 rib belt on an S2000. I'm sure they will do a C38-92 option, Id be surprised if they actually do a C38R-112 option.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
Ribbed belt is necessary as you do not have clearance for the 10 rib belt on an S2000. I'm sure they will do a C38-92 option, Id be surprised if they actually do a C38R-112 option.
They replied to one of the people in the comments; "Full race c38r in the near future"
Old 05-30-2024, 07:50 AM

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

They replied to one of the people in the comments; "Full race c38r in the near future"
I'll be waiting.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:46 PM

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Surprised no one commented; this is pretty big news given the fact that new boost offerings have all but stagnated for this platform..
@Kyle not sure if you saw my private message. Sorry, I don't come on here very much anymore.

What ever happened to the Greddy turbo setup? I vaguely heard Artec was going to help them or something. I offered to sell my design to Artec, but they declined. They didn't even ask for how much... oh well. The supplier I used, the last quote I got from them for qty 4 was ~$4500 each. That's casting, heat treatment, machining setup, and machining costs.