S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

New FB340 Intank Fuel Pump

Old 01-22-2013 | 11:39 AM
Community Organizer

Hmm interesting, I don’t know who I talked to at FB, but he went to go back and ask someone else for info on the mod. Its clearly longer looking, but I cant tell from the pick if that’s just the metal body or the whole unit overall. It’s been a little wile since ive looked at the hanger since swapping in the Walboro, but that I remember was 100% bolt in no mod. I will be using the factory hanger and filter sock. Thanks guys
Old 01-22-2013 | 11:42 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by tx2K
Just ordered my pump today. Does anyone know if I can install this pump in place of the factory one on my DD? Im not running the Haltech yet, so it would be run off factory computer, but only for a couple of weeks while I wait for the rest of my stuff to get here. Basically, Im trying to get all of the difficult stuff out of the way to make the turbo install as hassle free and quick as possible. Please let me know
Yes, no problem. Any added fuel the closed loop fuel trims will adjust. You might run a little richer above that if your still running the factory fpr with no way to drop fuel pressure, but no I wouldn’t worry about it. The 340 assuming its going to fit in my hanger is going in my stock ecu NA car for the time being as well.
Old 01-22-2013 | 11:47 AM

^ yup, it will be fine. I actually installed the fuel pump first before I went FI. Drove it for a few months as I was waiting for my random parts to come in.
Old 01-22-2013 | 11:49 AM

Good to know! Thanks for the help guys. Everything I need is in the mail, here at home or getting built so FI is reeeeal close
Old 01-22-2013 | 11:59 AM
Community Organizer

Well I dont see any pics of bailing wire wrapped around the fuel pump so I guess I should be ok ordering this pump and running with OEM hanger, wile the help at FB is retarded.
Old 01-22-2013 | 12:51 PM

I'm not sure if this has been addressed... I haven't had a chance to read through all 9 pages. I've had this pump installed since the summer, I've had a problem where if the tank is at maybe 1/4 left, the fuel runs out if I try to do a pull. The car drives fine when it's under normal load around town soon as I step on the gas she bogs at lower fuel levels... It seems like its sucking up too much fuel too fast. The car did this while it was NA too after I installed the pump in prep for the turbo kit.
Old 01-22-2013 | 01:02 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Reapur
I'm not sure if this has been addressed... I haven't had a chance to read through all 9 pages. I've had this pump installed since the summer, I've had a problem where if the tank is at maybe 1/4 left, the fuel runs out if I try to do a pull. The car drives fine when it's under normal load around town soon as I step on the gas she bogs at lower fuel levels... It seems like its sucking up too much fuel too fast. The car did this while it was NA too after I installed the pump in prep for the turbo kit.

possibly the fuel sock is blocking the sender for fuel level and you have less in the tank then qtr? i personally dont run mine below around little less then half tank cause of this. i have run it down to qtr before but never do full pulls when its down there. anywho hope you get that resolved. sounds annoying.
Old 01-22-2013 | 01:20 PM
Community Organizer

Are you running the stock filter sock or aftermarket? I seem to recall this issues/fuel starvation prematurely at about 1/4 tank with aftermarket sock. If this is what your experiencing, then using the oem hanger/sock is the solution.
Old 01-22-2013 | 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by Reapur' timestamp='1358891483' post='22284366
Are you running the stock filter sock or aftermarket? I seem to recall this issues/fuel starvation prematurely at about 1/4 tank with aftermarket sock. If this is what your experiencing, then using the oem hanger/sock is the solution.
That's probably what it is... King Motorsports suggested I buy a new filter/sock with the pump... That's pretty annoying since the install is a major PITA
Old 01-22-2013 | 05:53 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1358893221' post='22284481
[quote name='Reapur' timestamp='1358891483' post='22284366']
That's probably what it is... King Motorsports suggested I buy a new filter/sock with the pump... That's pretty annoying since the install is a major PITA
[/quote]

I'm getting tired lately of lack of experience or poor advice given to us by our 'experienced professional' s2k venders. Some are knowledgeable and better then others, some seems to depend on the day and who you get on the phone and others just plain suck.

Quick Reply: New FB340 Intank Fuel Pump