S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

New FB340 Intank Fuel Pump

Old 08-08-2011 | 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by RealStreet
Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087' timestamp='1312409652' post='20844506
Anyone with a fuel pressure gauge run this pump with the gas tank below 1/4? Crappy Walboro pumps overheat and loose FP if you get below a 1/4 tank or even just on really hot days, curious if this pump does the same thing...
We have seen a few cases already reported of loss of fuel pressure after a extended period of time specifically in the S2000 stock basket with big intank fuel pumps.

So... you add close to 80% fuel flow to the system the first thing you do is get a lot of fuel flowing in a circle and anytime you compress something you make heat. The hanger/fuel pump module/pump basket whatever you want to label that houses the pump gets the fuel returned back into it. This small volume vessel was designed to deal with the factory fuel volume. So when you induce a 340lph pump into the system it's very easy to overheat the fuel in the pump basket, once you do this the pump is in a state of cavitation and since it's a fuel pump and not a vapor pump now we are in trouble.

You can help combat this with increasing the volume of the basket and slowing the pump down to lessen volume when your just driving around. What I've done in the past is drill some holes in the basket to promote fuel being induced from the rest of the tank and letting the fuel that's been bypassed by the regulator out into the tank. A pump speed controller can be used to lessen fuel flow when you're just driving around.

Another thing to consider is tank vent. Adding fuel flow also can overwhelm the vent in the sense that you can't get enough air back in the tank in exchange for the fuel that was pumped out. Also keep in mind, there is a lot of work that goes into fuel heating as the more fuel vapor you create. The CARB/CAFE standards do their best to get the manufactures to conform to the rules. This is why the returnless fuel system was born, there isn't fuel flowing in a circle heating up... There is only enough fuel headed to the injector to meet the fueling requirements. Your car from the factory has a charcoal canister and a canister surge solenoid to re induce the vapor into the intake tract.

Jay Meagher

*edit* I have not heard about this issue specifically with the FP340 pump but since the topic came up this was the best place to post this.
I've often thought about running a "fuel-cooler" aka oil cooler on my fuel lines. I this would greatly help keep temperatures in check AND as a side benefit, maybe make some extra power with cooler fuel. Not seen it confirmed though.
Old 08-09-2011 | 07:22 AM

I'm gonna pick up one of these and see what the difference is gonna be with my rising rate comptech regulator.
Old 08-16-2011 | 02:06 PM

Just installed my pump today. Good fitment. Hardest part was re-installing the back paneling behind the seat. Hopefully the rest of the supercharger setup next week.
Old 08-19-2011 | 05:51 PM

pmed you guys
Old 08-22-2011 | 02:56 PM

Just thought I'd post my Fb 340lph pump has lowered my AFR 0.5 -1 after vtec... Which is what I was looking for. This was with no adjustment and my comptech FPR Maxed out.

This was a worthwhile purchase that gave me extra room for adjustment on my kit
Old 08-22-2011 | 03:03 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by james0933
Just thought I'd post my Fb 340lph pump has lowered my AFR 0.5 -1 after vtec... Which is what I was looking for. This was with no adjustment and my comptech FPR Maxed out.

This was a worthwhile purchase that gave me extra room for adjustment on my kit
Sweet, glad this worked
Old 01-22-2013 | 11:06 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by EOE
Hmm, okay where do I purchase this fuel pump? Need it! lol

EDIT:
Never mind found it....
http://fullblownmoto...fb340-fuel-pump

answered my own question too by looking at their site...

The 340 has over 30% more flow than your 255 pumps and is perfect for applications that demand more flow while keeping the existing stock wiring.
Hey I used this link, talked to a rep at FB and he said this pump is a bit longer then what the oem hanger assembly can accommodate for 100% bolt in swap which was news to me from what I’ve been hearing. He said some of the guys made it work by securing it in place with wire or something. Thought I better get some verification of this, as it sound like some Micky mouse shit I don’t want to deal with. Is this rep high or does he know what he is talking about?
Old 01-22-2013 | 11:28 AM

^ it is straight plug n play. This was my first time replacing a fuel pump on the s2000 and was not that difficult. Sorry I don't have a picture of it installed onto the stock hanger but it is a direct replacement and upgrade.

Old 01-22-2013 | 11:28 AM

Did you talk to LJ or Bill? The guys over at Fullblown from what I have experienced know what they are talking about. I have the dual hanger and dual 340s but haven't compaired it to the stock pump and or hanger to see if it matches. Also just to add, mine came with new socks that are shorter and smaller than the factory ones. I don't know if thats because I am running dual pumps or not.
Old 01-22-2013 | 11:38 AM

Just ordered my pump today. Does anyone know if I can install this pump in place of the factory one on my DD? Im not running the Haltech yet, so it would be run off factory computer, but only for a couple of weeks while I wait for the rest of my stuff to get here. Basically, Im trying to get all of the difficult stuff out of the way to make the turbo install as hassle free and quick as possible. Please let me know

Quick Reply: New FB340 Intank Fuel Pump