S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

need some quick advice

Old 05-31-2011, 09:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default need some quick advice

Im in need of some quick advice here..

I have my tuning appointment on Thursday... installed my S/C, AEM EMS, ID 1000cc injectors yada yada...
the basemap Evans sent me is a little shaky, cruises fine, im not trying to boost so we wont worry about that.. but it stalls at idle most of the time and whenever i throw into neutral from anything above 2k rpms.. my guess is TPS calibration does not match my car.. any ideas?

also the new spark plugs were a light white color when I pulled them after trying out the map.. I had just done a compression test right before & dropped a little oil in each cylinder to make sure no problems with the pistons rings, obviously the car smoked for a bit afterwards, could that cause the plugs to get white?

Im sure he can adjust everything to be perfect but there might not be enough time before Thursday

so basically 2 questions..

1. Is it OK for me to adjust the TPS range in EMS without it negatively effecting the tune? Assuming that would fix the stalling issue

2. The only thing keeping me from taking off the S/C belt & throwing back in the stock ecu & injectors for the ride out to Evans is Im worried about ripping an injector O-ring when I swap them from the ID's to the stocks.. can I use home depot O-rings for the injectors as a temporary measure? Wouldnt be more than a week if local Honda dealer cant get them this weekend

thanks guys
Old 06-02-2011, 09:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

try recalibrating the tps sensor. that wont harm anything in the tune. if it still stalls, then you could either mess with the tune or just deal with it till it gets tuned. i wouldnt take out the ecu and injectors, but i am lazy.

id raise the idle in aem to 1000 if its not already there and see if that fixes the problem. also, mess with the idle stuff, the iac valve, and you can get it to stop stalling. check fuel and timing around that area too. check your high idle and when idle feedback kicks back in.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have the knowledge to answer your questions, but I do agree with Camuman. You can also try adjusting the idle using the little screw on the TB. (I haven't tried that yet, but have seen threads discussing it.)

My car had a history of stumbling at idle and then began stalling a lot with the Greddy kit installed. I moved the map sensor back to the OEM location and that helped mostly. I swapped in the SOS kit and didn't notice a change. Got my first tune on the SOS, no change. Then I got my second tune last Monday, and suddenly the car started stalling. Same as yours, anytime I put the clutch in once the engine is fully warm.

This past Sunday it stalled 15+ times. Sunday night I cleaned the MAP sensor connector and zip-tied it tight as per the TSB, and I cleaned out the IAC valve. As of Monday, no more stalling. It's stumbled slightly once or twice, but never got close to stalling. Seems mostly fixed.

IACV cleaning

Since these same issues happen to bone stock S2000's, I have never figured out exactly what's going on or whether my tune caused it. It could have been a coincidence that the tune happened on the same day my car got fully warmed up in hot weather for the first time this year...
Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did u get the car tuned yet? How'd it go?