S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Need some advice! winter build

Old 11-27-2012, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice! winter build

Hey guys. So i'ts that time where, the greddy kit is'nt cutting my taste anymore. I've decided to gather up as much info and parts as i can and Moving towards a Complete rebuild of my moter, and so far I've had a great parts list gather'd up for a good price. My engine is on it's way out.. 185 on 2 and 220 on 2 . Leak down test and damm am i sad.. My goal is to reach 450-550 on pump gas. Id like to run e85 later on. I'll have to talk with a tuner. I have a plm sidewinder maifold, 38mm tial mvs. rc 1000cc high imp, garret gt35r, waldo 255, synapse bov and running on aem series 1 ems, and a aem water/meth, 3 bar map

Now as for that.. i'd like some good solid "concrete" info on engine build. I've read countless forums about stock internals doing quite good on #. This will be a street car for me.Looking to pump 14 on low boost and 22!! I plan on running,.. So far I plan on Keeping the block stock..otherthen a blockgaurd, arp headstuds, stock hg, Debating on having my pistons machined(read this on a forum). All New oem rings/bearings, gaskets. As for the head I was either going with stock or , supertech springs and ti retainers, Port out the head and manifold. That is all. Trying to keep this on budget as I still need to figure out what clutch im going for and rear end?/?/

So far how does this sound? Hopfully I have a solid plan here unless someone could give me suming betterr to work withh!.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:32 PM

550whp on pump gas with stock bottom end? Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but I really think that very hard to do safely. E85 should be no problem though. I would get rid of the RC's and get some ID's. Also upgrading the walbro 255 to a bigger pump like the walbro400, FB340, or aeromotive 340 would be a good idea
Old 11-28-2012, 05:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes coming close to 500 on pump with a stock motor is not something I have ever seen. You will also need a bigger fuel pump from what I have been told by a few tuners. 255 will not be suffient.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:35 AM

Don't use the block guard because it wi cost coolant restricted and your going to have over heating issue.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by neoleooo
550whp on pump gas with stock bottom end? Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but I really think that very hard to do safely. E85 should be no problem though. I would get rid of the RC's and get some ID's. Also upgrading the walbro 255 to a bigger pump like the walbro400, FB340, or aeromotive 340 would be a good idea
Yeah I figured I wont have a problem with 450 on pump gas.I've remember reading a couple builds awhile back doing 500 with a similar set up. Whats the main differnce when it comes to rc vs ID? Would you recommand doing anything els to the fuel system other then a bigger pump. Fuel pres reading and fuel rail?
Thanks
Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by liquidgsr
Yes coming close to 500 on pump with a stock motor is not something I have ever seen. You will also need a bigger fuel pump from what I have been told by a few tuners. 255 will not be suffient.
hmm maybe im getting my hopes up now... ill see tonight what I can get. Was good for my greddy kit but make sence why it wont give it flow for the gt35r. thanks
Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Hershey
Don't use the block guard because it wi cost coolant restricted and your going to have over heating issue.
k only reason why id figured to get this unit and warpage from heat, and to reframe me from getting a new block if pushed to hard. I was looking at the supertech and the coolant passage are pretty small for flow.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM

I am shooting for 500 on pump, but I doubt I will reach it. I have ID2200s and FB complete fuel system. This is includes dual hanger with dual 340s, -10an feed lines, -8 return, FB fuel rail, filter, and pressure regulator. It also depends on the size of your turbo. I have Borg Warner S262comp r. I have seen one person local who made 475 on 16psi, but from what I have read most tuners wont push that high on pump.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Xherrox
Originally Posted by neoleooo' timestamp='1354084373' post='22176194
Yeah I figured I wont have a problem with 450 on pump gas.I've remember reading a couple builds awhile back doing 500 with a similar set up. Whats the main differnce when it comes to rc vs ID? Would you recommand doing anything els to the fuel system other then a bigger pump. Fuel pres reading and fuel rail?
Thanks
yea you shouldn't have a problem hitting 450 on pump gas with that GT35r. the RC's will work but If you want your car to idle and run smoother than i would get the ID's. ID's has a better flow pattern. I think over 80% of the guys here on FI are using ID's. The GT35r is capable of putting out lots of power so i would get ID 2000 injectors especially if your planning to use E85 in the future. I also don't think it's necessary to port out the head. How's the pump gas there? here in CA we have the shitty 91 octane but lots of E85 station
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Our kit can do that easy, but I'd recommend race gas or something for your high boost 22psi setting.

Evan

Quick Reply: Need some advice! winter build