S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

My Turbo S2000 Monster

Old 02-16-2007, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Turbo S2000 Monster

***Dyno video***
The video was during the tune, I know it's nothing special but it's better than nothing...

Right click - save as

Wow. Full throttle in fourth gear at 60 mph makes the tail wiggle.

I'm scared. Literally. This car scares the crap out of me. I may be smiling like a giddy schoolgirl...but rest assured...I'm quivering deep inside.

The kit:

InlinePRO
GT3076RB ball bearing turbo
Compressor A/R=0.70 Turbine A/R=0.48!!!!!!!
Peak boost of 19.5 psi @ 5,500 RPM

~ 290 rwtq
~ 400 rwhp

Old 02-16-2007, 07:39 PM

Can you give more details on the build?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:57 PM

stock motor with headgasket

James, give me a call tomorrow if you have a chance, let me know how everything is!

BECAREFUL with that thing!
Old 02-16-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by news2kroller,Feb 16 2007, 11:39 PM
Can you give more details on the build?
InlinePRO kit with 3mm headgasket.

Stage 3 Competition Clutch.

Power limited by my HKS Hi-Power exhaust (retained to keep the sound down). I'm sacrificing some spool-time and about 30 rwhp on top.

Inline did everything: turbo install, HG install, clutch install, and tune. Awesome customer service...I definitely feel like I'm in good hands should an issue arrise!

Can't wait to drive her in warmer weather with the top down!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:03 PM

eh...it's no Comptech SC but I guess I could deal with that kind of power. Seriously, congrats. I have been saying that the GT30's are perfectly sized for our cars.

Drive carefully, especially with these cold temps. Your tires can't possibly be gripping very well.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:04 PM

Thats awesome! I love to read about forum members being so excited about their results...

Congrats! Sweet numbers..enjoy safely!!

InlinePro
Old 02-16-2007, 08:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Impressive.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:31 PM

Thanks guys!

The really cool thing is that the boost builds so damned progressively. No spikes in torque, no dips, just floor it and feel it build in a linear fashion. Slip can be felt very early and almost "predicted". It's more of a slingshot than a hammer blow. At least in these temps...I imagine the grip will go up when it gets warmer out...

The tune is very good. A few very low idle moments while in stop n go traffic on I-95 but it always recovers. Seems to take an extra second or two to maintain a nice idle when coming to a stop in neutral.

The clutch works very well and I started to get used to it right as I got to my destination tonight. Initial take-up, starting from a stop is going to take a while to get used to, though. Very different than my OEM disk and PP.

The dominant noise in the car when decelerating is now clutch. A slight side effect but harmless, I'm sure. On low part throttle (5-10%) it is VERY quite inside. Slightly louder than stock but I can no longer hear the HKS "warble". I'm sure its muffled by the turbo. Wonder what it sounds like outside the car...

On boost, there is a LOT of really cool turbo noises going on. Lots of hissing and whooshing and a general aural experience of "oh-shit!!!".

At lower RPM in a high gear (crusing around in 4th, or highway speeds in 6th), the BOV noise (I think) makes that interesting "turkey call" sort of noise on pressure release. I doubt this has anything to do with a wastgate at this point as that doesnt come into play until higher flow rates. Medium boost release makes a very nice pssshhhhhhh noise, coupled with some other sort of pressure release. Full boost release is insane. LOUD. Sharp. POP!!! AWWWEESSOOMMMMEEEE. I'll have to shoot some videos tomorrow.

As I was driving home on 95 doing about 75mph a civic approached me from behind. He speeds up and gets next to me. I heard a faint BOV noise from his car and I saw him look at me. Without hesitating, I dropped down to 5th (not fourth or third) and floored it. Within 4 seconds I couldnt tell which headlights were his in my rearview mirror. Got a nice big thumbs up as he drove by later.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

you bastards and your excited turbo postings....making me all want one and stuff.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:43 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

oh yeah what engine management are you using?

Quick Reply: My Turbo S2000 Monster