S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

My TPS broken?

Old 06-09-2010, 07:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down My TPS broken?

Ok..............so I hooked up my Laptop to check my coolant sensor (it is working the cluster must be F--- up) and I noticed

at idle

my Throttle percentage is 33%, at WOT, the pedal ALL THE WAY to the floor, it is showing a max of maybe 83%

The TPS voltage at Idle is showing

1.69v at idla (idles around 1,100rpms and at WOT it is showing a max of 3.8 )thought it was supposed to be around 4.5)

So basically when I floor my car its as if I am only doing 83% WOT (depends on calibration), is this correct? or does it never really show 100%?

I emailed Evans, I will se what he has to say

I guess after doing some research using the search feature here... it seems as though potentially 83% might be my WOT?????

The car idles fine and hits full psi (as well as hauls ass) when I do go WOY, but just wondering
Old 06-09-2010, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It should read 99-100% at wot, mine does...
That is one of the first things you set when tuning.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls,Jun 9 2010, 07:29 AM
Ok..............so I hooked up my Laptop to check my coolant sensor (it is working the cluster must be F--- up) and I noticed

at idle

my Throttle percentage is 33%, at WOT, the pedal ALL THE WAY to the floor, it is showing a max of maybe 83%

The TPS voltage at Idle is showing

1.69v at idla (idles around 1,100rpms and at WOT it is showing a max of 3.8 )thought it was supposed to be around 4.5)

So basically when I floor my car its as if I am only doing 83% WOT (depends on calibration), is this correct? or does it never really show 100%?

I emailed Evans, I will se what he has to say

I guess after doing some research using the search feature here... it seems as though potentially 83% might be my WOT?????

The car idles fine and hits full psi (as well as hauls ass) when I do go WOY, but just wondering
No, thats not right, 83% isn't WOT, ~95% and above is.

I found mine acting up, and recalibrated the TPS (thx to evans)..remember my High Idle thread? Info is in there.

Go to AEM --> Configure --> Ecu Setup - Set Throttle Range.

With the throttle at rest, click ok, then press it all the way down, and click ok again.

It does not affect your tune, it's just a wizard that measures the voltages coming from the sensor and scales it appropriately.

Try that and report back.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by siadam,Jun 9 2010, 07:46 AM
No, thats not right, 83% isn't WOT, ~95% and above is.

I found mine acting up, and recalibrated the TPS (thx to evans)..remember my High Idle thread? Info is in there.

Go to AEM --> Configure --> Ecu Setup - Set Throttle Range.

With the throttle at rest, click ok, then press it all the way down, and click ok again.

It does not affect your tune, it's just a wizard that measures the voltages coming from the sensor and scales it appropriately.

Try that and report back.
no way dude, that simple?
After I do that do I have to save anything?

Honestly this forum is so kick ass!

Thats awesome, thanks Adam, I appreciate it, will try
Old 06-09-2010, 09:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the values are that far off the ECM setup is only a bandaid. My guess is that your meth addiction has lead to another TPS failure. Didn't SOS put out a new TB with seals to prevent damage to the sensor when spraying?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:05 AM

yea I dunno, I mean the car drives fine, idles fine, doesnt stutter just reads those values..........

I will try this and see what it does. I am waiting back to hear from Evans, but looks like for now I can just recalubrate it. I have like 3 or 4 good TPS' sitting at my house I just dont want to go through the hassle of replacing em
Old 06-09-2010, 09:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

siadams fix is correct. should square everytying back. however, depending on how your car was tuned, tps voltage could be very very important.

at the very least, its used for part throttle trim stuff.

anywho, if it gets out of wack again def look into it. weird that the calibration changed in the software though.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camuman,Jun 9 2010, 09:12 AM
siadams fix is correct. should square everytying back. however, depending on how your car was tuned, tps voltage could be very very important.

at the very least, its used for part throttle trim stuff.

anywho, if it gets out of wack again def look into it. weird that the calibration changed in the software though.
Thats what happened to mine.

Jeff said in my thread that he has seen the TPS's become uncalibrated and this has fixed those issues.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by siadam,Jun 9 2010, 01:14 PM
Thats what happened to mine.

Jeff said in my thread that he has seen the TPS's become uncalibrated and this has fixed those issues.
dang, now my paranoid ass has to check mine.

stupid car, i dont drive it for 35 days and the ****er needed a jump start, radio was acting weird, and damn ac needed a top off. WTF. guaranteed the car gods jacked my tps just watch. lol.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Every car I have worked on the low value has been 0.4V and high is 4.5V give or rake a small amount. Joey the problem is that if you recalibrate today who's to say it will work tomorrow....... I would strongly recomend just replacing is especially if you have others.

Quick Reply: My TPS broken?