S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Motor is almost ready

Old 11-12-2014, 06:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Motor is almost ready

So long story short I spun a main bearing back in March of 2014 slowly but surely I have been colecting and upgrading parts . I ended up Buying a 2007 short block from honda and refreshing my F20c head. I will be adding to this thread as the progress continues. I just thought some of you guys would enjoy the pics and what not. sorry for the crappy iphone quality in advance .

Right when I revieced delivery of the F22C short block sitting in my living room

New block with freshly machined head also in my living room lol

had the head refreshend with a 3 angle valve job as well by my local machine shop

while I had the car apart I decided to have everything powdercoated in texture black. the old polish finish was a PITA to keep up with.

My buddy nick who drives a turbo lexus sc300 (poor mans supra) came by to lend me a helping hand

at this point I was completely beat so I called it a night and snapped these pics right before cleaning up

here she is pretty much ready to be put back in.

her old setup on 11.8lbs she was maxed out at 400whp. I upgraded a few things on the Vortech so I should see anywhere from 18-22lbs of boost this time so we will see how it goes.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed the pics. there will be more to come in the near future.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:43 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

how much did it cost you to get the new block? also is the engine all oem spec built? I have turbo set up and my motor needs a rebuild as well but not sure what route to go, just an oem rebuild or build the bottom end. What were your thought process with this build.
Thanks
Old 11-12-2014, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by ZSAK
how much did it cost you to get the new block? also is the engine all oem spec built? I have turbo set up and my motor needs a rebuild as well but not sure what route to go, just an oem rebuild or build the bottom end. What were your thought process with this build.
Thanks
I paid 2900 for the complete short block minus the water pump. I spun a main bearing and need a new crank I priced everything out and it was only a few hundred dollars cheaper for me to rebuild my motor so I just went ahead and bought the short block . And yes everything is oem spec . What exactly is wrong with your motor ?
Old 11-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

I want to say rings are fried, it smokes pretty bad and loss of power. but it does still run
Old 11-12-2014, 09:10 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome pics. Love the texture black on everything, very nice touch. I'm sure it will look wonderful back in the car.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Awesome pics. Love the texture black on everything, very nice touch. I'm sure it will look wonderful back in the car.
thanks man, you can't go wrong with black lol
Old 11-12-2014, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by ZSAK
I want to say rings are fried, it smokes pretty bad and loss of power. but it does still run
in your case i would just rebuild the motor. if the cylinder walls look good you should be able to get away with just replaceing the rings. but while you're in there might as well replace all the bearings and what not.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:57 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

looks good but for 3 grand you should have built your blown block to a stroker f24. i know i spent less than that building my block.

when you buy a new block from honda is there any kind of warantee?
Old 11-12-2014, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by riceball777
looks good but for 3 grand you should have built your blown block to a stroker f24. i know i spent less than that building my block.

when you buy a new block from honda is there any kind of warantee?
I thought about going that route for a little but decided against it . I read some horror stories about strokers and forced induction. I'm not really sure about warranty I ordered the block through a friend of mine who is the manager in parts at my local dealership . I'll ask him about that .
Old 11-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

What year is your car? If you have an AP1 or even AP2 non-Drive by Wire the short blocks for the Drive by Wire are different! How much different I don't know but did see that when I spun a bearing in my '00. Replaced with a '02 long block with 16K on the odo back in 2012.

Quick Reply: Motor is almost ready