S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

mase engineering vs inline pro turbo kits

Old 01-28-2010, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be honest InlinePro has pulled through many times for me! And their stage 2 set-up is down right sexxy.. I will post numbers up ASAP, which should sway your decision haha..

JD
Old 01-28-2010, 07:55 AM

I normally don't jump into threads like this, as I let people speak like it should be.

However,

GpWaP1 s2k and Skem, what happened that caused you to say this? Is there a question specifically? Please PM me or give me a call.

I've been answering PM's helping people with parts that aren't even from us, so I'll be glad to answer anymore.

Ya
Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 PM

I agree with jdnissanz I have dealt with IP many times. My car is even there right now getting worked on with a bigger turbo, injectors, intercooler, wideband, and their rear end kit. Honestly they are all great guys and every time I have a question they know the answer, if they don't whoever I am talking to will ask someone who knows or they will call me back.

Think about it this way, if they had bad customer service, weren't knowledgeable, or didn't have amazing products would I go back to them and drop an additional ~$9k into my car?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:32 PM

what turbo you gonna run? Are you running the log or the new manifold?
Old 01-28-2010, 08:34 PM

Im switching from my 5965b to a journal bearing precision 6265 with a ported s cover. the other mods are essentially just to support this big turbo. Also I will still be running the log manifold, even though I will lose spool and power through the power band, I just like the bullet proof/ tried and true log manifold. On the plus side with this combo I should still easily push numbers that these tubular guys have albeit with more boost...
Old 01-29-2010, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by ushyaar,Jan 29 2010, 01:34 AM
Im switching from my 5965b to a journal bearing precision 6265 with a ported s cover. the other mods are essentially just to support this big turbo. Also I will still be running the log manifold, even though I will lose spool and power through the power band, I just like the bullet proof/ tried and true log manifold. On the plus side with this combo I should still easily push numbers that these tubular guys have albeit with more boost...
That is pretty close to what I am running, I have the 6165 .63 ar none billett BB. And I run there inline exhaust. Just know that you will need to make a pretty good notch but not a big deal. The turbo spool is not all that differnt from what I have researched.

Since the turbo pushes some mean air, I did have some problems with creep using the older turbosmart 38 wg. I believe the may be a newer design, maybe YA at inline could provide some feedback on options for the WG. Is it worth upgrading to the newer design, or any way to ugrade it to a 44?

Mine creeps but I can still hold it under 20psi so i'm not sure its worth investing in at this point. It does make tuning more difficult though. I have to use the aem to control the boost since the boost controller could not hold it.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:17 AM

Revenge,

Yes turbosmart designed a bigger belly on the wastegate compared to the older wastegates. They help a LOT with creep issues in the mid-range which prevent you from turning the over all boost level setting.

There are ways to upgrade to a 44, but room is and issue in that area. If someone has the ability to fabricate you can pretty much make anything fit, but just make sure its practical so you don't lose a wastegate on the road

Ya
Old 01-29-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by ya@inlinepro,Jan 29 2010, 09:17 AM
Revenge,

Yes turbosmart designed a bigger belly on the wastegate compared to the older wastegates. They help a LOT with creep issues in the mid-range which prevent you from turning the over all boost level setting.
The larger belly also makes it a b*tch to install with studs.. I had to use one stud (on the battery side) and a supplied allen bolt on the motor side. I threw a few wrenches and said more than a few curse words during the waste gate install.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:41 PM

should have gotten the vband style wastegate.. <3
Old 01-29-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by MaseEng Nick,Jan 29 2010, 01:41 PM
should have gotten the vband style wastegate.. <3
Its an inline log mani...

V-bands aren't that great either, I've had warping issues that resulted in exhaust leaks after they are welded on due to their small size.

Quick Reply: mase engineering vs inline pro turbo kits