S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Mase Engineering S2000 Turbo Kit Introduction

Old 09-09-2009, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Sep 9 2009, 08:35 AM
A TCF is used on dynapacks to account for wheels and other conditions, so to say it is brake horsepower is completely wrong. While the TCF may not make the conditions identical to those on a dynojet, Mustang dyno, etc., it certainly represents more then bhp.

Your number of 15% may be true on some dynos, but not all. When N/A, my S2000 dyno'd 246rwhp on a dynapack and 225rwhp on a dyno dynamics dynamometer. That is only a difference of 9%. A buddy of mine dyno'd his Evo on a dynapack and made ~450awhp. He then dyno'd on a Mustang dyno and made ~445awhp. In this case the two dynos were reading very close, which simply tells you that not all dynos read the same and you cannot make blanket statements about them.

Also, you will not find a single inlinePRO kit with a GT3076R making less than 325rwhp on a dynojet. Your statement of 297 is absurd.
One last time and then im done, your numbers are inflated and hold no water at all dude.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Sep 9 2009, 09:05 AM
I don't have a problem. I am not bashing their kit. I am simply stating that us consumers want to know how this kit compares to others on the market. What's wrong with that?

Inflated numbers? There will always be a debate there so let's leave it alone.

Again, let's concentrate on the power curves...they don't lie. With that said the power curves from the Full-Race setup are simply more impressive.

Who cares if I don't have an S2000 anymore. I am still a Honda enthusiasts and keep tabs on what is going on in the S2000 scene.
lets concentrate on getting mase a new thread since you ruined this one....
Old 09-09-2009, 09:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Sep 9 2009, 08:44 AM
We simply won't agree here when it comes to how high/low a dyno reads. In the end it really doesn't matter what the peak numbers are but what the power curve looks like.

With that said, we all want to see how this kit compares to the others on the market. Forget peak numbers; let's concentrate on the power curves themselves.

If the turbo you used is similar to a 35, then simply said this doesn't does not perform as well as the Full-Race kit. The power curves on Berlina's and mine are far more impressive.

Your kit looks very nice, but so does the Full-Race kit and boy does it perform!
We all know dynos are different and has been debated to we are all sick of to death of it so lets not

Mase is trying to make a bolt on kit for the public right now, not to prove to you or anyone else which one is better or which one makes more power. The full race kit is nice but it is in no way a bolt and go kit now is it!

The numbers are with a conservative tune! not all out power. Here is one dyno with a stock engine and same turbo, pretty impressive if you ask me.

If you do some research you will also see this kit producing over 600whp with a different turbo. Stop trolling the thread
Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Sep 9 2009, 09:09 AM
Guess the same would apply to Sideways' S2000...since he dyno'd on the same dynapack, but somehow he put bus lengths on an ZR1 so something weird is going on here.
Actually, funny enough I just tuned sideways car yesterday.... on a dyno dynamics. Guess how different his numbers were than the dynapack???

you're making yourself look really silly here bud.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Sep 9 2009, 09:10 AM
Funny people start getting offended one when kit is compared to another. It is all about competition in the tuner world.
We arent getting offended, you have ruined this thread because you like to argue and prove no points I guess. Whats what i have found out as I have read your posts.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spectacle,Sep 9 2009, 08:38 AM
This thread makes my head hurt.

Make it stop Mase.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 AM

^^^^
Old 09-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Sep 9 2009, 09:21 AM
Care to share the numbers?

Not sure how I am looking silly here. Do you not agree that a better comparison is that of the power curves themselves? I guess you could say ramp rates / load factors could influence the curves, but you'd have to assume they are on par with industry standards.
There are no more industry standards, So NO i dont agree with you. The different dynos read COMPLETELY different. back in the day, when dynojets were 90% of the field, they were considered the standard, that is no longer true.

Take for example. a dyno jet, its an inertia dyno. it will spool the car faster since it has a huge heavy drum, it puts more load on the car at first, but then when its accelerating, the dynojet has no constant load applying back to it, so they yield high numbers. it measures its WHP/TQ by the acceleration from time a to time b. This is completely different than other dynos.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Sep 9 2009, 01:46 PM
Looks like we can do an apples to apples comparison here just to prove my point. I just came across the thread where you tuned his car on AutoWave's dyno. I have no shit dyno data between Shawn's dynapack and AutoWave's dyno when my S2000 was N/A. 246 on the dynapack and 225 on AutoWave's dyno. 9% difference.

What did Sideways' car end up making? He was around 500hp on Shawn's dynapack.

Sorry for going off on a tangent here, but I'd simply like to put this issue to rest and I will leave this thread. Heck I'll even delete my posts. Simply tell me what Sideways made...because he hasn't taken the time to post his results.
that autowave has a correction factor built in. there is no way on gods green earth that dyno dynamics only reads 9% lower then churches dynapack. thats the other problem. some dyno dynamics dynos have a % correction factor built in to make them pump up the numbers and read like a dynojet/mustang dyno/bleh whatever.

hence the term heartbreak dyno, becuase if you leave the numbers alone, they break your heart when you dyno on it
Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

who gives a f--k, its the DELTA that matters. Im half a retard and even I know that

Power curve as well, but to debate peak numbers is stupid, I would rather make lower numbers with a wider powerband than HIGH HIGH numbers the last 1,000RPMS

Quick Reply: Mase Engineering S2000 Turbo Kit Introduction