S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Mase Engineering S2000 Turbo Kit Introduction

Old 07-11-2009, 09:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fishs2000,Jul 11 2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks man, very helpful info.

I dont want to get on the topic of "clutches" in Mase's product release thread, however it may be a good idea to post in here what the best option for clutches is to accomodate his kit.

That being said, the Competition Clutch kit - 4 puck, would be Stage 5 (says strictly for drag strip??)

two options available - sprung or unsprung (which would be the one we want)?
DEF sprung. he drove on it NA for about 3 weeks before his car was stolen. the take off was the most annoying of all. you had to rev the car a bit more to get a smooth engagement. but once you were moving, it was fine. i know it says drag, but trust inlinepro, it can be used as a daily clutch. will it be like stock, NO. but will it be manageable, yes.

i rock a clutchmasters stage 3, and that feels pretty much like stock. problem is it wont hold the tq associated with 500whp.

pick ur power goal, the buy a clutch according to that.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman,Jul 11 2009, 07:01 AM
if u want 400whp, then you can go with a clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, its a disc clutch and will feel very similiar to stock. but if you want more then 400whp, your gonna need to step up to a puck cliutch or a twin disc, which is very expensive. my buddy called inlinepro when he was gonna mase turbo his car and they said the competition clutch 6 puck wears out prematurely, and they highly recomeneded the comp clutch 4 puck with comp clutch lighweight flywheel, since puck clutches usualy eat flywheels, this flywheeel is designed with that in mind.
ACT street disk, 480whp....never slipped once.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyFloyd,Jul 11 2009, 04:03 PM
ACT street disk, 480whp....never slipped once.
we already went around this merry go round once. that clutch is rated to 380tq fylwheel. why in the world would you put that into a car that is going to most likely make 350+ ft lbs to the wheels.

you will be maxing out that rated capacity of that clutch.

i will not speculate again why yours holds..........
Old 07-11-2009, 12:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CC stage 5 would be pretty painful driving for street use not?
Old 07-11-2009, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by camuman,Jul 11 2009, 12:08 PM
we already went around this merry go round once. that clutch is rated to 380tq fylwheel. why in the world would you put that into a car that is going to most likely make 350+ ft lbs to the wheels.

you will be maxing out that rated capacity of that clutch.

i will not speculate again why yours holds..........
yea we have been on this merry go round and every time it goes around my clutch doesnt ever slip at all. ACT underrates their holding capacity...always has. Im not telling people to go out and buy an ACT with 390ft/lb but a lot of 500whp setups dont have more than 350-370ft/lb and this clutch would likely be perfect and its cheap and easy to drive.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think this camera mount from Modifry should be part of all kits ordered from Mase. I want more videos!

Old 07-12-2009, 02:14 PM

Mase~ I hope you still have these kits available during next winter/spring time. I still haven't made a clear cut choice of which side of the Force I want to go with. The dark side(turbo) or the light side(Supercharger). However, I did make a choice on which of these systems' have the best(so far) manufacters. For supercharger, I'm going with SoS and for turbo kit, Inlinepro. When/if you have your turbo kit available during winter/spring time, I'll rule out Inlinepro and replace it with your kit. .

Oh and another thing is. I see that you're in the process of making a 3" exhaust to complement your set up! Please add a resonator on there if you do make these exhaust systems. And to touch it up, have it the same angle as a Greddy Ti-C single 70mm exhaust! . That would look really sexy. Thanks mase!
Old 07-12-2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hirevs2k,Jul 12 2009, 05:14 PM
Mase~ I hope you still have these kits available during next winter/spring time. I still haven't made a clear cut choice of which side of the Force I want to go with. The dark side(turbo) or the light side(Supercharger). However, I did make a choice on which of these systems' have the best(so far) manufacters. For supercharger, I'm going with SoS and for turbo kit, Inlinepro. When/if you have your turbo kit available during winter/spring time, I'll rule out Inlinepro and replace it with your kit. .

Oh and another thing is. I see that you're in the process of making a 3" exhaust to complement your set up! Please add a resonator on there if you do make these exhaust systems. And to touch it up, have it the same angle as a Greddy Ti-C single 70mm exhaust! . That would look really sexy. Thanks mase!
those are a ton of demands from a consumer!!! lol if you cant make up your mind on one or the other (lightside/darkside) why not just do both. mabey then youll figure out what you really want lol.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what I dont get:

Why is there such complaint about turbo lag and how SC is better for instant torque. Would this not only be true when running from a dig?

Most racing (on highway) is done at a good paced roll. This meaning RPMs are up at least where the turbo is fully spooled....not?
Old 07-12-2009, 03:34 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

This complaint only comes from people who don't know what the hell they are talking about. The majority of SC kits for the S2000 are centrifugal so no instant torque and with a decently sized turbo there is no noticeable lag.

Quick Reply: Mase Engineering S2000 Turbo Kit Introduction