S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

major issues with the inline pro kit

Old 06-29-2006, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default major issues with the inline pro kit

my friend bought a turbo kit from inline pro a few weeks ago and it has become a major headache. There were different problems, like a cracked manifold and an exhaust that didn't line up with the downpipe. they were eventually replaced but you cant replace the down-time the car spent.

but the big issue of the whole process was that no instructions came with the kit.all that was included was four pictures, and the four pictures didn't help because all of them showed different setups!? is this how everyone received their kit?

the BIGGEST problem it caused was the oil lines were put in backwards so their wasnt sufficient oil flow in the car for the 100 or so miles the car was being driven(between the time the kit was installed and now).they realized there was a problem yesterday when V-tec wouldn't engage on the dyno.

well, the oil lines were fixed but the damage is done.now the motor is expected to BLOW really soon. and the motor will have to be replaced.

has anyone else had similar problems?
Old 06-29-2006, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by 02s2kris,Jun 29 2006, 04:56 AM
my friend bought a turbo kit from inline pro a few weeks ago and it has become a major headache. There were different problems, like a cracked manifold and an exhaust that didn't line up with the downpipe. they were eventually replaced but you cant replace the down-time the car spent.

but the big issue of the whole process was that no instructions came with the kit.all that was included was four pictures, and the four pictures didn't help because all of them showed different setups!? is this how everyone received their kit?

the BIGGEST problem it caused was the oil lines were put in backwards so their wasnt sufficient oil flow in the car for the 100 or so miles the car was being driven(between the time the kit was installed and now).they realized there was a problem yesterday when V-tec wouldn't engage on the dyno.

well, the oil lines were fixed but the damage is done.now the motor is expected to BLOW really soon. and the motor will have to be replaced.

has anyone else had similar problems?
Sorry to hear this!!

Mine didnt come with instructions either. My mechanic complained about that too, but i didnt have any of the other issues. I decided to go with an oil cooler over the oil relocation kit thats probably why. Good luck!!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:44 AM

That is messed up, even a cheaper kit that I have the Ultimate Racing Turbo Kit came with DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS...Pictures and all...Man you should talk to Inline aboutthe situation maybe they should help you out...But without directions pretty bad move trying to figure things out on your own and not talking to a pro...You could have even asked quesitons here on the forums and someone would have helped for sure...Well goodluck anyway with whatever is coming at you...
Old 06-29-2006, 09:07 AM

Hello,

I can understand the frustration with what is going on and I will try to help as much as possible. From the get go, we recieved a call about the cracked manifold. This is the same style manifold we've been making for years, and still have yet seen one crack. Out of good faith, we shipped a NEW manifold as soon as possible. He also said the downpipe does not fit, so we shipped that out, and WELDED a custom pipe for him free of charge.

We have been selling this kit for a while now, and this is the first complaint of this nature. The turbo kit is straight forward, and I believe only a certified person should install ANY turbo kit.

The oil relocation kit is straight forward, and i personal have never seen instruction manuals on the any oil filte relocation kit.

OGPackin, like he said, had a certified mechanic install it, and his kit is fine.

If you friend wants, please tell him to call the shop and talk to john, and ALSO send us back the cracked manifold cause we have still yet to get it back to see the cracks.

Again, please have your friend call us.

Ya
Old 06-29-2006, 10:40 AM

02s2kris - I am not trying to come across as a jerk, so please do not take this the wrong way. However, did either yourself, your mechanic, or even your friend consider picking up the phone and making a call?

I currently reside in Virginia Beach, about 4 hours from Inline Pro. On a random Saturday the Mid-Atlantic Region was hosting an event in Maryland area. As I am a community organizer for this region, I decided to make a trip up north. After being there for a tad bit, I put a call through to John at Inline Pro. They informed me that he was rather busy with work, however was at the shop. I made a 45 minute drive over to their shop and spent about 4 hrs chatting with John.

Inline Pro's customer service is top notch, he took time out of his busy day to sit down and explain his turbo kit, 2.5L stroker kit, differential conversion kit, and even the history behind Inline Pro to me.

Now, I did not say all this just to say how good their customer service is, however to explain how friendly the Inline Pro staff is. All you would of had to do is contact John, Stan, or another member of the Inline Pro staff - I am sure they would not have an issue helping you with what goes where on the install.

In regards to the damaged manifold - nothing is ever perfect. I notice that in your location you currently reside in Honolulu, HI. The day that I visited Inline Pro I looked around their shop - probably well over 100 manifolds scattered through-out the store, not a single one with so much as a scratch on it. Perhaps as opposed to blaming Inline Pro - you may want to consider turning the blame another direction.

Ontop of that, John replaced your Manifold AND Downpipe free of charge - at that point instead of complaining, I would be praising Inline Pro for excellent customer relations!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Black Nugget,Jun 29 2006, 01:40 PM
02s2kris - I am not trying to come across as a jerk, so please do not take this the wrong way. However, did either yourself, your mechanic, or even your friend consider picking up the phone and making a call?

I currently reside in Virginia Beach, about 4 hours from Inline Pro. On a random Saturday the Mid-Atlantic Region was hosting an event in Maryland area. As I am a community organizer for this region, I decided to make a trip up north. After being there for a tad bit, I put a call through to John at Inline Pro. They informed me that he was rather busy with work, however was at the shop. I made a 45 minute drive over to their shop and spent about 4 hrs chatting with John.

Inline Pro's customer service is top notch, he took time out of his busy day to sit down and explain his turbo kit, 2.5L stroker kit, differential conversion kit, and even the history behind Inline Pro to me.

Now, I did not say all this just to say how good their customer service is, however to explain how friendly the Inline Pro staff is. All you would of had to do is contact John, Stan, or another member of the Inline Pro staff - I am sure they would not have an issue helping you with what goes where on the install.

In regards to the damaged manifold - nothing is ever perfect. I notice that in your location you currently reside in Honolulu, HI. The day that I visited Inline Pro I looked around their shop - probably well over 100 manifolds scattered through-out the store, not a single one with so much as a scratch on it. Perhaps as opposed to blaming Inline Pro - you may want to consider turning the blame another direction.

Ontop of that, John replaced your Manifold AND Downpipe free of charge - at that point instead of complaining, I would be praising Inline Pro for excellent customer relations!
I agree 1000% with you BN. My mechanic picked up the phone and called InlinePro and they were more then helpful with any questions he had. It seems like they have been going above and beyond with trying to help you.

I said this in another thread. A turbo kit should be installed by professionals. Just because its a kit that doesnt always mean there isnt going to be some fabricating/modifications to make everything fit properly.

I think you should give them a call. Im sure they will be more then happy to help you out.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

when I bought the kit I was a bit clueless on certain things as I do my own installations. Now, before i installed something backwards, you better believe I will make as many phone calls as I need to, to make sure everything is installed correctlly.

I agree that the kit without instructions can be a PITA and it was. But i placed numeruous phone calls and have talked to Stan and John probably more than they care to hear my voice and their patience level with me just did not seem to get low.

They were always willing to help me out.

But the key is to make sure you have everything right before you press that START button.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, would your friend happen to be Joey?
Old 06-30-2006, 03:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hahnn002,Jun 29 2006, 05:00 PM
Hey, would your friend happen to be Joey?
Who is this question for?
Old 06-30-2006, 09:34 AM
Banned

Im really excited to buy my inline pro kit!!!

Quick Reply: major issues with the inline pro kit