S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks kits without issues- Positive stuff

Old 09-29-2015 | 11:39 AM

Default Kraftwerks kits without issues- Positive stuff

With so many jumping on the band wagon, I figure we should have a thread about the Kraftwerks kit.

I have posted already, but we have installed 20+ S2000 Kraftwerks kits and had zero issues.

Our history goes back to the very first Jackson Racing kits, The Vortech and comptech kits for the S2000. And yes, the SOS kits.

We have had tons of experience with supercharging and even building custom belts kits for blowers on other platforms too.

It's not a hard kit to install, but it's not idiot proof either, There's some key points that should be noted.

To add a positive note, Post up your Kraftwerks pics / Videos/ Stories etc.

Here's just a few of ours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fLxOQJEzao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372KmGiQdiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE6Lpt8HAmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS0sCsTgLWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1TTwq7BcYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az2d73h4wYc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhh-WbM6ffE
Old 09-29-2015 | 03:55 PM

Saving this post to add experience to later, for now I can say I was tuned yesterday, car made exactly what I wanted and drives well. The only issue we had was due to the fuel pump not being able to supply enough fuel in the higher RPMs but that is nothing I can fault KW or Grams for until I further check the car. My assumption is the stock wiring is hindering the fuel pump severely after 7500rpms. We also noted that cylinder 2 coil pack was possibly failing. We experienced some break up at the higher rpms so until these issues have been remedied the redline was reduced to 7500 and timing was taken out. The car breaking up kept us from adding more timing and of course making more power. We will be retuning soon when I have these things taken care of.

My kit is a Kraftwerks V2 C38-81 with a 90mm pulley
My car is a 2001 Ap1 F20C with 62k miles on the odometer
The car was previously on nitrous and had 0 issues
Mods to the car as of dyno yesterday
-KW V2 c38-81 90mm pulley
-Invidia 70mm Test pipe
-Ebay single exit ehaust
-NGK 2668 spark plugs gapped at 20, then 18 to try and combat failing coil pack
-91 octane fuel
-Bypass valve venting to atmosphere
-Grams 1000cc injectors
-Grams 320lph fuel pump
-Skunk2 4 Bar Map sensor

Dyno vid (made 315 this pass iirc?)

High tune was 397.97/248 @ 14.7lbs of boost.
Old 09-29-2015 | 05:34 PM

2000 ap1 kraftwerks v2 kit. I wasnt missing anything during shipment. Install went smooth.installed by myself. I had a vortech kit prior to this.didnt use any of the grams fuel pump or injectors.

C38-91
Standard 100mm blower pulley
Stock engine
70mm testpipe
70mm single exhaust
Forge supersized dv valve
Walboro 255 fuel pump
ID1000 cc injectors
Making 460whp/290tq @16psi
Old 09-29-2015 | 10:35 PM

Installed my own kit in Oct/Nov '14. Now have about 7 months & 4,000 miles on the kit. Only issue I've had, other than missing/wrong parts on delivery, was a pulley that had a bearing rattling around in it. Replaced a few hundred miles ago (covered by KW). Build thread here.

E-tuned by Jeff Evans, so no dyno numbers. The car has run strong and without a hiccup, including a weekend at the Dragon and lots of aggressive country roads carving, and three 4-6 hour road trips.

2004 AP2 2.2L non-DBW, 57k miles
Bone stock, untouched engine
Kraftwerks C38-81 "v2.2" kit with larger revised 4 idler pulley system & revised upper mounts
Standard 100mm pulley
Grams 1000cc injectors
Grams 320lph fuel pump
NGK BKR8EIX spark plugs, 0.031" gap
AEM V2 EMS
AEM Wideband
AEM serial gauge
Sstock tb, im, header
Berk 70mm HFC
Invidia Q300 Dual 70mm exhaust
SOS Clutch
Comptech 8lb flywheel
Evans e-Tune (sorry no whp # available for now)
Old 09-30-2015 | 03:34 AM

I purchased my kit on Father's day of this year from Moddiction. Had it installed in August.

Kraftwerks Kit Rotrex C38-81 and only thing i changed was the fuel pump. Im running the Deatschwerks DW 200 (255lph).

Additional Specs: Tanabe Medalion Touring dual exhaust. 60mm Test Pipe. SOS 4bar map sensor. NGK 8's. ACT Pp, OEM everything clutch set up. Hondata Flashpro.

Tuned by Kenny @TurboGixxerTuning, installed by Andres @ KAB Customs in Miami, FL.

Car made 419 whp and 277 tq. I have only put around 300 miles on the kit so far, so time will tell. But it puts a smile on my face every time i drive her.

Only issue so far, I was missing (2) banjo oil bolts and CJ next day aired them to me.
Old 09-30-2015 | 11:26 AM

I installed my KW kit with C38-91 blower last winter. My car is an '06 daily driver with 115k miles. I used the standard pulley.

When I got the kit, the intake elbow was the wrong part. KW sent me a new one before I needed it for installation. I also asked for and received an intercooler without the logo. I painted it black.

I had the car tuned with 91 octane by Modified by KC. It made 407 whp on their Dynojet at 8200 rpm and 12.5 psi of boost. (About 70 degrees and 1000 ft above sea level.)

After about 1000 miles two of the VTEC bolts backed out and then broke. I tried to order a replacement VTEC gasket from KW but they sent the gasket and three bolts via overnight for free. I used a torque wrench to tighten them this time (didn't use a torque wrench the first time) and marked them so that I could see if they started to loosen. I now have about 3000 miles on the kit and these bolts show no sign of moving. I view this as an installation error, not a KW problem.

On my first track day the belt broke. The remains of the belt seem to indicate that it delaminated and then broke. All the pulleys turned freely. I view this as an isolated belt defect and is the a Gates Rubber Company issue, or maybe the belt wasn't tensioned correctly. I e-mailed CJ at KW about noon from the track using my cell phone. I finished my track day as an N/A S2000. The next day there was a new belt on my door step before 10 am. It was installed by 2 pm.

I found some boost leaks including one through the bypass valve. CJ sent a new valve.

I fixed the boost leaks and now make 13.5 PSI. I estimate that with the additional boost that the car is now making about 422 whp.

I took the car to a NASA event at the Kansas Motor Speedway. This is a banked oval NASCAR track with a road course added to the infield. Even the infield part had two long straights. This track really favors high power high speed cars. I was very pleased that on this high speed track I could accelerate with the new Corvettes and Porsches. (Drivers were NASA HPDE group 3/4).

This is the performance I was hoping for. I am a happy customer. Yes, I had some issues but other than a leaking bypass valve which is a minor issue, I don't feel the issues were KraftWerk's fault. I really like the kit.
Old 09-30-2015 | 03:03 PM
15 Year Member

So my bad experience r they sent the wrong instructions of the bracket installing

They also didn't fix the pulley tension mount instruction which I installed the way it was told on the paper

But thx to Jeff @ Evans he double checked it n reverse for me
He told me he had saw these happening all the time. Even thought he inform kraftwerks many times. But it seems like they don't give a f''k lol

So my good experience r here
C38 91 90mm pulley
2007 ap2
Stock motor
Stock header
60 mm test pipe dual exhaust
Flash pro
Very safe tune @ 15 psi

460whps n close 300 torque

So far so good
Let see if it holds
Old 09-30-2015 | 08:45 PM

05 ap2 f22 C38 81 kit
220k miles when installed estimated
230k miles as of now .
Installed with all the parts that came with the kit . Except using turbosmart bov
Aem v2 tuned and dynoed by Evans .
420 hp 280 tq. 16psi
Conservative tuned
Vtec set to 3500 with 20%throttle or more https://youtu.be/ux6l3J-e3Og

Installed by Billman250

Problems : from the beginning

•received damaged intercooler. Returned and replaced at no cost •received old install instructions with old bracketry parts list . Lead me to believe I was missing parts.

•pulleys installed the wrong way on plate . Could have binded up the pulleys .

•crank pulley hits rack .. [attachment=85724::] Replaced oem mounts with Megan racing mounts

•bolt that attaches to intake manifold backed out .. Unknown reason .. Bill reinstalled slighty longer and stronger bolt and marked to monitor movement.

•at first second track day oil purged from the resivoir can and blower ran with no oil damaging the blower .. ( most likely due to heat issues and or hitting rev limiter ) Blew metal fragment into the piping to intercooler
[attachment=85723::] ..
Cleaned all oil lines and also cleaned piping . Replaced by kraftwerks no charges except for over night difference ..

•new blower received and installed . Ran for 2 seconds and seized . Sent the blower back and now had to wait for them to check the blowers to see what the problem is .. They don't know why the oil blew out of the can on the first blower . Said they have never heard of this before . And I still need to fill a claim for out to see if rotrex knows why .. Second blower they said was spun backwards four times .. I told them it wasent me so it had to be rotrex .. They sent me a new blower ..was refunded over night for the broken blower they sent.

• installed new blower.. And has been on since and running fine ..

• has over heating issues while ac is on and also running hard at the track .. I replaced my beat up ac condenser and removed the liscense plate and grille in the bumper.. Took care of a lot of the Cooling issues .. Will try to relocate the oil cooler for the kit and upgrade to spal fans

In conclusion ...

Car is fast as hell .. Fun on the track ... It's almost worth all the stress and labor .. I'm still building my confidence in this kit .. But I do love how it drives now .. After 10 years stock it is an amazing felling to drive the same car with double the hp..

[attachment=85719::]

[attachment=85720::]

[attachment=85722::]

https://youtu.be/dyMSTtYHTnE

https://youtu.be/qoVfWX6q7ew
Attached Thumbnails Kraftwerks kits without issues- Positive stuff-image-3373282277.jpg   Kraftwerks kits without issues- Positive stuff-image-2378195602.jpg   Kraftwerks kits without issues- Positive stuff-image-2695330775.jpg   Kraftwerks kits without issues- Positive stuff-image-2749007488.jpg   Kraftwerks kits without issues- Positive stuff-image-4126738489.jpg