S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

KraftWerks C38 Supercharger Kit FAQ Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 02:04 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by outeiroj
mine does not sound like a vacuum cleaner. it does have a constant suction noise but would not describe it anywhere near the sound of a vacuum and I personally loves the way it sounds
Ok, but can you still hear the typical Honda induction noise? The vvvvrrrrrrr-AAAAUUUUUUHHHHHH as it hits VTEC (yo)? Or is it just that suction sound?
Old 08-20-2019, 02:15 AM

Received 646 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by FastUnicorn
Ok, but can you still hear the typical Honda induction noise? The vvvvrrrrrrr-AAAAUUUUUUHHHHHH as it hits VTEC (yo)? Or is it just that suction sound?
Look up "Kraftwerks Supercharged S2000 flyby" on YouTube by Weihrauch88....quite possibly the best representation of a KW car you'll get...and I've watched plenty of videos.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Honda intake sound is gone with a supercharger. And your tune will change VTEC such that comes on at a much lower RPM so you don't notice the VTEC change. Initially you will hear a whine with the Kraftwerks kit. But as the belt breaks in that goes away. I have had my kit since 2015 and the whine is gone. You will hear air noise with the supercharger. The volume and type of noise depends on whether you have a blow off valve or a recirculating valve. I have stock exhaust and an upgraded TIAL recirculation valve. I hear a muffled hiss that changes as the valve opens and closes.
The following users liked this post:
FastUnicorn (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 06:17 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by beechx1
The Honda intake sound is gone with a supercharger. And your tune will change VTEC such that comes on at a much lower RPM so you don't notice the VTEC change. Initially you will hear a whine with the Kraftwerks kit. But as the belt breaks in that goes away. I have had my kit since 2015 and the whine is gone. You will hear air noise with the supercharger. The volume and type of noise depends on whether you have a blow off valve or a recirculating valve. I have stock exhaust and an upgraded TIAL recirculation valve. I hear a muffled hiss that changes as the valve opens and closes.
Thank you for the thorough and helpful answer! I am still on the fence, but I think I am going to pull the trigger soon.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000ABQ
Not the best picture but maybe some others can get the same pic so we can get an idea where everyone is at tension-wise.

C38-81 90mm blower pulley 128mm crank pulley. Make sure to post your pulley specs as that should change tension bolt length. I've been at this tension for 1k-1500 miles, many trackdays, 0 issues.

Attachment 86089
I am surprised no one else has chimed in on this comment. For me, I had the same blower (C38-81) and 90mm pulley and I had the bolt break during dyno session right after install. After seeing above, I was able to measure the existing bolt right after it happened and compared it to the above pic. I can tell you mine was about 10/16 different (less tightened) ...that is huge! My installer had it set to that so I didn't know until after the incident of the bolt snapping on dyno.

I also noticed my HP was down about 60-70 rwhp from where I believe it should have been. I was only putting out 345 rwhp with skunk2 header, Berk hfc, tanabe medallion exhaust, ballade sports 70mm throttle body and ballade sports big bore intake. My installer after the bolt snapped did mention he was only seeing 8psi when he was dynoing....Should have been getting 12-13 advertised.

Anyways, since then I bought a new blower (old one is in process of getting shipped back) and a new pulley. This time I upgraded to the C38-92 blower with 85mm pulley. Since the car already had some tuning from original dyno, my installer street tuned it some so I could take the car home and enjoy it for awhile. With new pulley, we lowered rev limiter to 7600k (for now) to be safe. I will be going back in 2 more weeks to have it officially back on dyno. At that point, we will raise rev limiter to 8k as advertised for the 85mm (128 crank) pulley so we don't over spin the blower.

Interestingly, I found this video of a guy who had a SOS blower installed on his s2k and he just installed a new belt. When he dyno'd it, it was putting down 374 rwhp. He thought for sure it should be around 440-450....all they did was increase belt tension and his hp went up almost 75 rear wheel. I'm not sure if that is my issue from hp perspective but based on the fact my bolt snapped and by tension belt was a lot less tightened then above pic , that may explain my hp issue as well....it could also be a boost leak which is also something I am about to have tested.

here is the video for reference.

With my current setup, I have about 300 miles on it and have got on it many times ...The main point of me replying to this thread is that now my belt tension is almost the exact same as the above pic and I have 0 issues!!!!!

I have also noticed the blower is much quieter than last setup, something even the tuner admitted squealed more than he has seen....duh!!!
Only time will tell but so far, this thing screams! Absolute blast.

I will follow up with my results when I go back in, in two weeks to have it fully tuned again.

Last edited by zanahale; 12-29-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:08 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Sos uses standard ribbed belts which can slip and need to be tightened upon break in/initial belt stretch. Current KW uses a cogged belt so no slip possible, but rather break bolts.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:08 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Sos uses standard ribbed belts which can slip and need to be tightened upon break in/initial belt stretch. Current KW uses a cogged belt so no slip possible, but rather break bolts.
makes sense! Thanks!
Old 12-29-2019, 11:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Sure I guess, if owning a KW kit makes sense
Old 03-17-2020, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know where i can get the latest revision of the KW installation guide for 06+?
Old 03-18-2020, 02:44 AM

Received 646 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k.winston
Anyone know where i can get the latest revision of the KW installation guide for 06+?
KW owners FB group in the files section.

Quick Reply: KraftWerks C38 Supercharger Kit FAQ Thread