S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

kraftweks vs. jackson racing vs. comptech

Old 08-30-2009 | 07:46 AM

Link to thread of problematic SOT?
Old 08-30-2009 | 08:26 AM
Member (Premium)
15 Year Member

perhaps I miss used the word, but you have to relocate things plus everything is so crammed in the corner it cant be easy to work on.

The KW is more problematic, they keep revising parts on the kit. A local S2k owner was talking to me about it just yesterday at a meet. They are sending him new parts for free, but he still has to have them installed and if you do not do it yourself it will cost money. I think KW should have done some more R&D before releasing there kit. I know of another KW equipped car locally that had alot of issues while at track day.
Old 08-30-2009 | 08:30 AM
Member (Premium)
15 Year Member

look at the picture. All the stuff you have to do just to make it work (The fuse box, the battery, cabin heater core valve, and the a/c lines). Its just asking for trouble.. That is the only downfall to the SOT kit.

Taken from a fellow s2kers thread on his SOT install.

Name:  Intake003.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  152.7 KB
Old 08-30-2009 | 08:42 AM
20 Year Member

no disrespect, but ignorance is bliss aint it?

i have over 6k HARD HARD MILES ON MINE. i went to the dragon and back, raped it on that mountain and drove it home.

just becuase you move stuff doesnt mean its gonna break. hell, you dont rewire any of that stuff, just move it. the battery is the only thing you tech rewire, and well, its a ajoke of a rewire if you know what i mean.

now, working on the car can be hard, esp if you wanted to replace the header. but most of us dont do that often, and well its worth moving the stuff for the assloads of low/midrange you gain
Old 08-30-2009 | 08:56 AM
Member (Premium)
15 Year Member

I'm happy the setup has been good to you. Thats my only complaint is the relocation of parts to make it work. The mid/low range would be nice to have.
Old 08-30-2009 | 08:56 AM

Agreed^

You may have to massage things more than most centrifugal style kits but in reality you have to weigh what you want out of the car and what you're willing to do. I personally would rather more work up front and a result I'm happier with. If instant torque is what the OP wants then he'll make it work.
Old 08-30-2009 | 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R,Aug 30 2009, 06:00 AM
Leo, you have posted your dyno sheet twice already. We got the point

Ok, so why are you guys posting numbers to impress this guy on HIGHLY modified S2000s (Head work). I think in his situation he is looking for "bolt on" power.

To the OP. its nearly impossible to ever be satisfied with the low end torque on a honda. I'm not sure how mechanically inclined you are, but for the "average" enthusiast a centrifical charger would be ideal in my eyes. Every kit has it pros and cons. Seeing as power is all your after and if your willing to sacrifice the ease of working on your car, and modifying your car to make a kit work, id get the SOT kit. I'm not bashing the kit, but I have read a few threads about each kit and have come to the conclusion that the SOT and kraftwerks kits are problematic. The centrifical kits (COMPTECH/CT-Engineering, Science of Speed, and VORTEC) are the most basic kits. I have personal experience with the COMPTECH and SOS kits and I must say I'm very impressed with the ease of installation. The SOS is by far better than the older COMPTECH kits. You can swap out pulleys without unbolting the charger, overall its the best bang for buck. Just looking at the kraftwerk kit and thinking about working on it makes my head hurt. However, it does turn very impressive numbers.

My biggest advice is for you to get an AP2 with a 2.2L, especially because you want more torque.
Uhm, if you notice the head only gained the car 15 more at peak.
No one is tryng to impress anyone with any HIGHLY modified car. The Og numbers were KW kit, header/exh/throttle body.
Id pretty much say thats bolt on stuff.
Old 08-30-2009 | 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=S2oooNvegas,Aug 30 2009, 05:06 AM] heres the thread, pretty old now.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=644509

Few things changed on the car as it evolved. Fcon and the 04 ecu didnt agree on idle strategy. SO jack and mase had a talk and the car ended up with aem ems on it. Jack can chime in as to the final numbers. The peak power wasnt much more 412 or so, but endyn head, 95mm pulley and vtec coming in earlier netted him like 50 or 60 more in the midrange.
Car was sweet before the water pump pulley bailed. Now its getting taken to the next level.
Old 08-30-2009 | 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by KewlWhip,Aug 30 2009, 11:46 AM
Why are you guys touting a car that died after a very short life? Jack's car was great but no where near a factory KW setup. I'm not hating on Jack or the work that went into his car just your choice to use his car to reference it as a model KW kit. Typical KW high boost kit is 365WHP and the blower is already being overspun at max RPM. It's very expensive to push the KW to 400 WHP.

To the OP: I sold my KW after a year of ownership for 2 reasons: I wanted more power and I was very concerned by the multiple failures of components within the kit.

BTW - I think Jack's car was awesome. He truly pushed the limits of the KW setup. I was sorry to see it go so soon.

-Chris
/\/\
OT, but out of curiosity, what direction are you taking now?
Old 08-30-2009 | 12:32 PM
15 Year Member

[QUOTE=S2oooNvegas,Aug 30 2009, 09:17 AM] Uhm, if you notice the head only gained the car 15 more at peak.
No one is tryng to impress anyone with any HIGHLY modified car. The Og numbers were KW kit, header/exh/throttle body.
Id pretty much say thats bolt on stuff.

Quick Reply: kraftweks vs. jackson racing vs. comptech