S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

JDMallMotorAP1 issues with oil filter relocation kit

Old 03-23-2011, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah so i've found out...isn't cheap at all haha.... i hope i don't go through as much headache as some of the people... i've had my share of headache already haha... i think i've pushed my tune date back 3 times already.... everything is on besides the stupid turbo manifold and turbo!!!

i/c piping, intercooler, injectors, emu, fuel pump, bov, everything else is on....

oh wideband and tru boost isn't installed yet obviously because the downpipe and turbo are on... but other than that its been a pretty smooth install...

thanks for the welcome guys appriciate it.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear ya man, second hand, mix & match kits are a PIA. I spent a lot of time grinding & tinkering to get everything lined up.
The guy who bought the kit from me gets off easy haha
Old 03-23-2011, 11:30 AM

Smart thing to do is find out who custom built the kit and call them and asked what they did to make it fit!!! I did the mistake of buying a
custom turbo kit and when I called the people who built gave me a list of things from motor mounts to Bumper to battery relocation and other crap I did not know
was needed to fit on the car! went from a 1 month job to a 3 month project... Take your time and it will be worth it! You will always find something to fix or tweak,

Its the blessing of having FI!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:30 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I dont know why you're having problems getting the 6265 to fit other than you will need to cut the frame a bit to get the compressor housing to fit if you're using an S cover. If you have the E cover, its the same size as any of the other T3 turbo's. The S cover is only 1/4" larger in diameter (thats 1/8" larger from the center and thats not much) than the E cover so I cant imagine you having this much of an issue. That turbo is not too big. It is possible that you have too large of a relocation block on the engine. The Canton relocation blocks are very bulky and this may be your problem. If you look at a Ultimate Racing relocation block, they designed it to be thin for better fitment of turbo's. I'm guessing that you only need to look into a smaller relocation block and you'll be fine.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:49 PM

Just because its a T3 turbo does not mean they are all interchangable. The compressor housings are all different sizes and to complicate it even more the centerline offsets from the T3 flange are different from different manufacturers. A Garrett turbo will not bolt on to most Precision T3 turbo apps..
Old 03-23-2011, 10:56 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by slappynuts
Just because its a T3 turbo does not mean they are all interchangable. The compressor housings are all different sizes and to complicate it even more the centerline offsets from the T3 flange are different from different manufacturers. A Garrett turbo will not bolt on to most Precision T3 turbo apps..
He is using a 6265 turbo and that is a T3 Precision just as the 5857 that was mentioned that is commonly used on the S and we all know fits his setup. They both have the same size OD compressor housings whether its a E cover or S cover. So, as I stated before and I have talked directly to Precision about this, all T3 Precision E covers and S covers, even Garrett and even though we dont need to compare Garrett here because he is using a Precision, use the same size OD compressor housings.

No, each arent interchangeable (again, comparing Garrett and Precision) as some have different bolt patterns, compressor sizes, etc., but both are right at the same outer diameter. The E cover is roughly 7.25" and the S cover is 7.5" in diameter (thats only 1/8" difference in size from the center of the turbo and that isnt enough that will cause a problem as he states). He should NOT be having any issues with either cover as these are the only covers you can get for the T3 Precision turbo's.

My point here is, he is using a Precision T3 6265 and whether he is using the E cover or the S cover, they are only 1/4" apart in diameter (again, thats only 1/8" from the center of the turbo and isnt much difference) compared to what we all know fits with his setup and thats the Precision T3 5857, which uses the same size OD compressor housings as the 6265; E cover or S cover. Both of these turbo's use the same E cover (7.25" OD) or S cover (7.5" OD). The only difference is the ID of the housing of which the actual compressors are different sizes.

For pete's sake, even my old Garrett T3 60-1 with E cover had the exact same size OD compressor housing as my old Turbonetics T3 T04E with E cover. Both were 7.25" outer diameter.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:06 AM

Btw just wanted to say sry didn't mean to post twice. Stupid cell phone... but I know when I put my 6169SP on my kit, I didn't think it wud ever fit at first. But with a small amount of work I got her on!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by seoul2k
lol dfw that quote is it from that one s2000 vs civic animation thing??
Yep
Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 AM

okay so i got the turbo fitment issue squared away what do i do about the damn oil filter relocation kit??? i already canceled the claim with paypal.... so i can't open up another one...
Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by seoul2k
okay so i got the turbo fitment issue squared away what do i do about the damn oil filter relocation kit??? i already canceled the claim with paypal.... so i can't open up another one...
What about the oil relocation kit? did you get another one?

Quick Reply: JDMallMotorAP1 issues with oil filter relocation kit