S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

JDMallMotorAP1 issues with oil filter relocation kit

Old 03-23-2011, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDMallMotorAP1 issues with oil filter relocation kit

UPDATE

Well i got the turbo to fit by grinding some of the turbo's compression housing down and i was all happy, but it gets even better....

the $#(*&^)*$ oil relocation kit is cracked!! I also bought this off of someone on this forum and i bitched at him for packaging it with stupid bubble wrap (not the one you pop when your bored like with lots of circles) that basically popped.... everything was flying around inside and he sent me the injectors in little plastic baggies 2 of which fell out of or lets me rephrase that ripped the zip lock bag and were basically flying around in the box. I knew i should have kept the paypal claim open because i sent him pictures etc and he says no i never got them.... So i'm going to go over to a welding shop to see if they can help me out and weld it up for me... said it might cost around 60 bucks to get it welded even tho its a small hairline crack...

Update Bought a new one from tans dapt for 60 bucks at pepboys speed shop which i'll use with the other 25 dollar piece i bought from summit racing.

right when i opened the box this is what i saw

one of the jdmallmotorap1's great packaging bubbles

heres the text convo we had

Old 03-23-2011, 07:42 AM

pics?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 AM

Punch the seller in his noggin' lol.. sorry for your inconvience man.. I had I similar problem when I bought a used "custom" turbo kit form a seller on here.. I ended up spending an additional $5,000 to get T1 Race develpement to re-fab almost all of the parts just to get everything to fit right.. and even then it still rattled all the time.. I would probably start by selling the big ass turbo and just getting something a bit smaller IE: Precision 5857 or 6262, it all depends on your final goals brother..
Old 03-23-2011, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats part of the game. I remember with previous setups, sometimes it took me forever to get things to fit right, and the order they have to go on. I'm even finding that out with my new setup.

Don't let things get to you man, think through the problem instead of reacting to it.

Post some pictures up, I'm sure we can come up with a solution. Once you figure out how to problem solve, this gets fun real quick
Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 AM

Yeah maybe post some picture where your problems are and let people on the site provide some idea's. See if others can help you out. Unless you lay out every detail on your build it hard it figure out how to help. good luck get some picks up and as much information as you can provide to the members here.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to FI. To get my turbo to fit I had to grind the engine mount down .250 inch, had to grind the compressor housing bolt flange, also had to grind the oil filter sandwich plate to get it all to fit. Dont worry, its worth it.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't want problems get a complete new kit from a reputable company. Costs more on the front but you save headaches and fitment should be good.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:46 AM

LoL i know how the "custom" turbo kit game goes... i had a stupid turbonetics turbo kit for my integra type r a while back and that gave me problems too.... Guess custom and complete kits are all pain in the ass unless you buy from inline pro, pfab, or any of the good companies out there..... I figured out a little bit of what i have to do and i'm going to grind down my oil cooler by 1/10 of an inch since it is 1/4 inch thick, and grind my turbo down where the stupid logo is.... i've taken measurements and dropped it off at a local machine shop already... it'll be a snug fit, but it'll work...

i called the guy and he kept telling me, but i used a precision 6265 on the same setup blah blah blah... there is no way... effin liar!!!

Oh BTW i already removed the stock oil cooler too... and its still touching sooo i'll try the grinding way... not looking to spend another 800 bucks on a turbo....
Old 03-23-2011, 09:47 AM

lol dfw that quote is it from that one s2000 vs civic animation thing??
Old 03-23-2011, 09:49 AM

+1 on welcome to FI. Since I've built my car, I might have actually driven it 1000 miles each year if I'm lucky. But its all about finding the sweet spot of mods. I've built my engine 3 times, had 2 diff turbos, 3 diff tuners, and god knows how many bov's and injectors. But now I'm finding the combo and setup that's slowly working out just how I always wanted. So just hang in. FI isn't a cheap mistress.

Quick Reply: JDMallMotorAP1 issues with oil filter relocation kit