S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Installing the Ptuning kit

Old 01-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing the Ptuning kit

Here's my slow install thread of the PTUNING Base Kit with GTX3076R

Almost done with the clutch install. Took two weeks, a couple hours every other day.

Those 6mm allen driveshaft bolts bolts were a pain to take out. Used an impact, but still stripped three. Had to hammer in a 12mm 12pt socket to get those last three out.

The differential install was much easier. Puddymod Stage 4, stock LSD.

After removing the upper control arm bolts, the differential came out easy. Having the exhaust out also help too.

bringing a gun to a knife fight

Motor mount install. Notice the round hex nut. After looking at other install pictures, looks like it goes to the top right.

Koyo radiator and SPAL fan installation. Everything was nicely packaged and labeled. Fan fits perfectly. Easy to follow fan relay wire harness instructions. I prefer soldering over crimpingn

Installing the brackets onto the oil cooler and oil pump makes for an easier mount.

Minor issue with the oil drain flange that came with the kit. Bolt won't fit the flange. It was from their Evo Turbo kit. Ptuning was willing to send the correct one. A little massaging and everything fits.

The bottom holes of the exhaust manifold were off by a few millimeters and the manifold would not fit onto the studs. Had to drill the two bottom holes larger to mount the manifold. Found some unused ARP studs from a previous turbo install on a different car. Not exactly the correct length. Had to grind the two bottom studs down and add extra washers.

The vband exhaust system is immaculate! Using the 2.25" V-band Boost Regulator Disc for now.

The front mount brackets allows for the relocation of the smog pump. Well thought out Ptuning.
Putting in new oil jet bolts wasn't as bad as getting to the fuel pump.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:29 PM

very nice
Old 01-19-2012, 07:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That diff definitly looks great!!! Your on a good role
Old 01-19-2012, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by MisMyS
That diff definitly looks great!!! Your on a good role
More pics of the differential from Puddymod

This pic shows the assembly...Note the polished gears.

This pic shows the PuddyMod solid steel sleeve being set

This pic shows the turning torque on the pinion after the PuddyMod solid steel sleeve is custom fitted, it is set at 12 inch pounds.

This pic shows the finished rear build. Note the information on the LSD also note the polished gears.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:19 AM

Location: Performance Tuning (PTUNING) 9432 Center Point Lane Manassas, VA 20110

Great progress so far! That rear diff is sexy.

Don't hesitate to give us a ring if you run into a snag or have any issues, need guidance, etc.

-O'Brien@PTUNING
Old 01-20-2012, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

diff looks sweet, good luck with the build
Old 01-20-2012, 08:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would say that if you can install your own clutch etc, the ptuning kit install should be a snap for you. I would install the water banjo bolts and lines to the turbo before you install turbo to manifold. Once turbo is on the manifold it is a tight fit to get to certain areas. Having a lift certainly helps also. Good luck with the build. Hopefully Ptuning will have an install video out soon to make it even simplier to install.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:48 AM

The Diff looks awesome! I just ordered mine! oh the excitement!

Like Obrien said Don't hesitate to call us!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:44 PM

I had just installed my turbo kit and been an ongoing project after work this whole week. Just a heads up so you don't experience the same, install both coolant feed hoses and oil drain flange and tube. Bolt those up before installing the kit. You will thank me later :-)

Due to limited space, could barely tighten the coolant feed and oil drain flange and return hose. Would have been easier if this step was in the directions. Anyway, good luck with your install. I'm very happy with my purchase and installation. I would have to say, this kit was well thought out and everything fits well and well designed. Money well spent. Only issue is my R200 diff kit and exhaust fitment issues. Other than that, awesome stuff. Ptuning FTW.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:04 PM

That rear diff is eye candy

Quick Reply: Installing the Ptuning kit