S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

InlinePro 5965 Turbo Kit

Old 10-27-2008, 02:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default InlinePro 5965 Turbo Kit

Well I spoke with Chris at Inline today and I am thinking about picking up their kit using the 5965 turbo. For anyone with this kit, is there anything else you would recomend with the kit other than the ball bearing upgrade and are you happy with it? Does anyone have any pictures or dyno's?

Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this kit is only marginally better if you DON'T do the 3mm hg. If you do the full deal and upgrade the kit it will make loads more HP.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the ball bearing upgrade is not half as 'necessary' as the oil relocation, in my opinion.

the kit is incredibly well made. the install is very simple as well. i am currently stopped on the car but only because i'm sick . if i was healthy enough to touch a car i would probably have the whole thing done in 2 days start to finish.

the head gasket is not necessary but i think it should be done. you're missing out on about 100whp on average without it. stock wastegate pressure is set @ 7psi, and i believe that yields somewhere around 330whp. you can turn the boost up to around 9-10psi on stock compression and not have to worry about knock, but if you slap on a headgasket you can take that shit all the way up to like 20 lbs depending on injectors and management/tune.

what management and fuel system would you run?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by TelosHedge,Oct 27 2008, 04:13 PM
the ball bearing upgrade is not half as 'necessary' as the oil relocation, in my opinion.

the kit is incredibly well made. the install is very simple as well. i am currently stopped on the car but only because i'm sick . if i was healthy enough to touch a car i would probably have the whole thing done in 2 days start to finish.

the head gasket is not necessary but i think it should be done. you're missing out on about 100whp on average without it. stock wastegate pressure is set @ 7psi, and i believe that yields somewhere around 330whp. you can turn the boost up to around 9-10psi on stock compression and not have to worry about knock, but if you slap on a headgasket you can take that shit all the way up to like 20 lbs depending on injectors and management/tune.

what management and fuel system would you run?
I am thinking of selling my car and picking up a AP2. If I do I will do it another way. My biggest problem at the time with Inline eas the following, so I went Greddy.
A. I did not know they offered the smaller 5965
B. AEM EMS is not my cup o tea and Hondata is a PITA to deal with on an AP1
C. I had never heard of them as I came from the domestic market and I worried about quality.

So my ignorance at the time basiclly cost me what I really wanted in a S2K.

Hondata with BC & WB
InlinePro 5965
ACT PP
Meth
Low Comp Pistons
Ported Head

Oh and I have a new relocation kit in the garage from Inline minus the Oil Filter adapter.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:45 PM

Ohhh, hope you feel better if I lived closer I would be happy to help install.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the kpro install really isnt that terrible. getting to the crank sensor wheel is a bit of a pain but if you're going to do the hg at the same time it really isn't terrible.

i had bill do all my stuff and the extra work was not that bad, he said. maybe he can chime in.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:52 PM

im running pretty much the same turbo just slightly bigger and make 525 on pump. I love my turbo, spools nicely and pulls SUPER SUPER hard up top.

Id deffinately get:
aem ems with some wideband
3mm headgasket
750cc+ injectors
oil filter relocator kit
arp exhaust manifold studs
stage 8 bolts for turbo and wastegate
some kind of clutch, i used competition stage 4

here is my dyno graph:

heres a pic of the upgraded turbo i got from inlinePRO sc6165s vs sc6152e

heres a pic of the kit installed on my car

You are deffinately going to love it. Dont do it without doing the headgasket. That is the only reason i bought this car because of that headgasket you can make 500+ whp safely on a stock motor on pump gas.

Do it right once and be done with it.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:47 PM

I was looking at this kit b/c I want full boost by 4k so that day to day driveability is still excellent. So I will sacrifice a top end for a good lowend spool. With the HG, I was hoping for 400-450WHP, I will most likley need to wait until either the first of the year or spring to unload my car then the search is on. I am thinking red 2005. If I want more past the 400-450WHP meth, nitrous or propane will help me get there.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i sent you a pm regarding this, but i think you will be happy with this kit. Also I would not shy away from the aem ems as well. My car drives and runs just like a car with an oem ecu. It only takes an extra one or two cranks to get it started but hardly a big deal. I even had to move the car when it was around 30F and it took a bit to turn on but it did crank after a few seconds. As long as you have a good tuner you should be good. This is how my kit looks like with the 5965
Old 10-28-2008, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by ZSAK,Oct 28 2008, 12:48 AM
i sent you a pm regarding this, but i think you will be happy with this kit. Also I would not shy away from the aem ems as well. My car drives and runs just like a car with an oem ecu. It only takes an extra one or two cranks to get it started but hardly a big deal. I even had to move the car when it was around 30F and it took a bit to turn on but it did crank after a few seconds. As long as you have a good tuner you should be good. This is how my kit looks like with the 5965
Lookin' good Tej!

Scott,

Like I mentioned from our conversation, I think you will be very pleased with this turbo and our kit. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to give me a call.

-Chris

Quick Reply: InlinePro 5965 Turbo Kit