S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Inline Pro Stage 2 Turbo Kit

Old 11-18-2010, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inline Pro Stage 2 Turbo Kit

I currently have the Greddy Kit and I'm making 326whp at 10.5psi on a Dynojet with pump gas. Pretty good for a Greddy Kit I guess. Had the kit for about 9 months now and I'm thinking of upgrading. I got the Greddy Kit because of the reliability and daily driving friendliness since I commute to school with the S. But, I have a bike and a beater that I could use now, so it is now safe to think about upgrading.

My goal is to make 500-600whp. Basically I want to take out ZO6's lol. To meet that goal, I'm currently looking at the IP Stage 2 Kit. I did a lot of research and I think this is the kit for me. The only big question I have is how reliable the kit is. I've done so many searches, but can only find info on the Stage 1. I hear IP makes some top notch kits, but how reliable is it? I know there is obviously a higher risk with bigger turbo setups, but how reliable is the IP Stage 2? Will I be able to sleep well at night or will I be sleeping in the garage?

Please, any info or personal experience with the kit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:42 PM

I ran mine at low boost(14psi-440whp/260TQ) on an otherwise stock car for 15K miles with no issues. I loved it.
Got my A/C compressor and condenser changed and they did not bleed the coolant right. Car overheated and had to pull the head.

did Inlinepro's F24C setup(2.4liters now){the only change to the car, turbo kit/fuel/EMS stayed the same) and put down 505whp/375TQ@ 17psi but have only been running this for about 3 weeks now.

I have nothing but good things to say about IP, from their customer service, their attention to detail and the relative ease of use of the turbokit itself
Old 11-18-2010, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. I'd like to see that dyno chart! I've always wondered about the combination of boost + displacement on these engines.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:19 PM

well you start to run into a couple issues, reliable well yes and no, I would not consider it a daily once you hit the 500-600 range be prepared for downtimes. Also you need a good clutch and they can a bit hard to drive with stop and go. You also have to consider heat, so on real hot day watch out. I would also run a kpro. So it will depends on how well you build this animal and the parts you use. Cheap out and you will have more down time, use the best stuff you can get and you will have less downtime.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my buddy is selling an almost complete brand new Pfab Stage 2 kit.

you will be able to hit your power goals with that set up
Old 11-18-2010, 07:01 PM

A few concerns (as long as you get the 800hp intercooler and 2.5" piping kit)

1. Their downpipe is just a pipe that goes down by the transmission. It doesn't have a flange. You will need someone to fab something to your exhaust.

2. They do not include the EGR (air recirc) block off plate even though they show it installed in their instructions. PuddyDad on here sells them for a good price.

3. They send you worm drive hose clamps like the ones they sell at Lowes. I recommend spending the 80 dollars on t-bolt clamps elsewhere. I have not adjusted my t-bolts since I installed them in July and I have had no issues.

4. I highly recommend buying a turbo blanket with the kit. It really keeps the heat in the engine bay down. I got a T3/T4 PTP one off ebay for 100 bucks and it works great.

5. I'm 99% you need to remove the oil cooler to make it fit. I was told you don't need to, but when fitting it up, I was pretty sure that you had to as clearance was nonexistent IMO. If you do remove the oil cooler, you need to connect the coolant line from the block by the cooler to the coolant hose on the front of the block with a u-bend hose. You would also need to get a generic Honda oil filter nipple as you would have to take out the one in the block which is extended for the oil cooler.

6. They do not include an oil restrictor for your turbo. If you run a Precision turbo, I know you will need one or you'll be blowing oil past the seal like I did. They also do not include the T4 gasket for in between the turbo and manifold.

7. You need to remove the oil pressure sensor from the vtec solenoid and replace it with a bolt as it sits right next to the downpipe. I melted my oil pressure sensor's plastic end.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbo blanket, cut your hood, wrap manifold and dp

I just got the ultimate racing oil relocation kit so I could keep the stock.oil cooler.

I got my kit used, came with block off plate, and had a dp made for $100.

Oh and nothing happened with my oil pressure sensor, but the heat did POP some fuses in the fusebox. No heat problems since what I have mentioned as far as remedies. I don't yet have a turbo blanket.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk to John at JSP FAB who did my manifold. I personally don't like the IP stage 2 ONLY because its a T4 manifold.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:04 AM

Thanks for all the input everyone. I feel like I have a much better understanding in what I will be getting myself into now.

Btw, I don't think I can use kpro because my S is an '05. Is kpro now available for '05 and under? I was thinking of getting the AEM EMS to run it.

^Thanks for the heads up about your friends kit for sale. But, I'm really only interested in the IP Stage 2. I also prefer buying a new kit over used.

Heres another question, do I need 3mm head gasket? I've seen some people using the stock head gasket making 500+whp with out issues. Would I be okay for my needs, or is it safer to just get the 3mm?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are getting kpro and flashpro mixed up

Quick Reply: Inline Pro Stage 2 Turbo Kit