S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

inline pro or lovefab

Old 07-15-2006, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin,Jul 14 2006, 06:14 PM
Although the Inline Pro kit I'm sure is good, it all depends on what you plan on doing with the engine and how much power you want at a certain boost or psi. Are you planning on leaving the engine stock or going with just a HG?
With the Inline kit and manifold on and a completely stock engine you will be roughly around 300 or so whp at 8 psi or with a, say 2mm HG, you'll be around 350 whp or so at 12 psi.
Now, with the LoveFab kit and GT1 manifold, at 8 psi you would be around 370 whp or so on a completely stock engine and with a 2mm HG at 12 psi you would be around 430 whp or so.
I just wanted to do a comparrison between how both manifolds would flow at the same psi rates and to show how much they differ.
So, it all depends on what kind of power you are looking for. The LoveFab manifold will give you a greater amount of power with less boost than the Inline Pro but you can still get there by adding more boost to Inline's manifold. But you will have to build the engine or put a HG in.
Hope this helps.
How much do you think the stock motor can handle cuz I don't belive you have faith in our motors. Inline's S2000 is using their bolt on kit and running 25psi. on a stock motor other then a HG, seats and retainers and it is an F22 and he takes it to 10k everyday and drives the car everyday and has been for two years. He also runs mid 10's. so your talking about building the motor if you want some serious numbers, well it just seems pointless if you have a good tuner. Here is the dyno from the inline pro s2000

And you should post a dyno sheet of a S2000 running 8 psi and pushing 370whp or one pushing 430whp or so on only 12 psi.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:45 AM

These two kits make an interesting comparison. The big advantage of the Lovefab kit is that it can make the the same power as the InlinePro kit, but with less boost pressure. But who cares about boost pressure? If both kits make the same 350 wrhp, they will both be equally fast. It may take the inline kit a little longer to reach that 350 rwhp due to the added spool up time necessary to reach it's boost level, but in the end, its the power you look at, not the boost.

Boost level is directly related to head efficiency, turbo selection, intake design and probably most importantly...turbo manifold design. If you held all variables constant with the exception of the manifold designs (the only fundamental difference between the two kits anyway), you could make JUST as much power with the Inline kit. Sure, it may be running at 12 psi instead of the Lovefabs 8 psi, but this is only half of the story. The boost develops based on a LOT of factors, one of which being exhaust back pressure and how efficiently the manifold can flow exhaust gasses.

If you measured the manifold boost pressure AND the turbo manifold pressure, you would find that the pressure delta across the engine would be almost identical at a specific power output. This assumes a number of things like similar tune, etc...

I think a lot of people think that the Inline Kit @ 12 psi is going to be more stressful on the engine than the Lovefab kit @ 8 psi. This is almost certainly not the case.

If you take a pipe, apply 2 psi on the inlet side and hold the outlet constant at an ambient pressure of 0 psi, it will flow a specific amount of air. If you bump of the inlet pressure to 4 psi and the outlet pressure to 2 psi, it will flow the exact same amount of air as in the first scenario. The same applies to an engine head. Power is more or less based upon how much air you can get into the engine.

There are disadvantages in the Inline Pro kit. Obviously, the manifold does not flow as well as the Lovefab. This is evident in the higher boost pressure necessary to reach the same level of power (which means there is more pressure build up in the turbo manifold). This equates to longer spool up time, as it requires more manifold air flow to reach the desired boost level. Once there the boost level is reached, however, it would perform virtually the same as the lovefab.

The other disadvantage is in the nature of the incoming air. Due to the higher relative pressure of the manfold air (relative to ambient) the fuel air mixture will be more prone to detonation. This means the tune cannot be as aggressive as the Lovefab. A few paragraphs above, I assumed the use of a similar tune. If you tuned to take advantage of Lovefabs ability to support a more aggressive tune, you could unlock quite a bit more horsepower. Then you would have to up the boost even more on the Inline Pro kit to achieve that power (which you have already done....8 psi versus 12 psi). Well, now the pressure is even higher than it was before and the tuning window is even smaller now and it takes even longer to spool. See the problem?

It is entirely possible to be making HUGE power with each kit, but you would have to go to race gas probably 50-100 horsepower sooner with the Inline Pro kit.

At really low boost levels, I think it's a toss up. Both kits are safe, one is little more expensive, one spools a little slower. Flip the coin...
Old 07-15-2006, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by AP1_S2k,Jul 15 2006, 11:50 AM
How much do you think the stock motor can handle cuz I don't belive you have faith in our motors. Inline's S2000 is using their bolt on kit and running 25psi. on a stock motor other then a HG, seats and retainers and it is an F22 and he takes it to 10k everyday and drives the car everyday and has been for two years. He also runs mid 10's. so your talking about building the motor if you want some serious numbers, well it just seems pointless if you have a good tuner. Here is the dyno from the inline pro s2000

And you should post a dyno sheet of a S2000 running 8 psi and pushing 370whp or one pushing 430whp or so on only 12 psi.
He does not run 25 psi on a daily basis. John told me he rarely drives the car because it would get him into too much trouble with the police. When I drove the car, it was on the street tune of ~450 rwhp.

The car is an AP1, and he does NOT spin it to 10K.

That dyno run was produced on C16.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:17 PM

thanks guys for all the info. im so torn right now i dont know what to do. now if inline offered that tubular mani i saw like a month ago then i would go with inline, anyone know about that mani?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by slimjim8201,Jul 15 2006, 09:53 AM
He does not run 25 psi on a daily basis. John told me he rarely drives the car because it would get him into too much trouble with the police. When I drove the car, it was on the street tune of ~450 rwhp.

is john the asian guy that drives the car at the track cuz thats who i talked to and he told me the car has an F22 swap into the AP1 body but i never looked at it and is rev to 10k when on the track (that is why he switch the seats and retainers). I did not think he ran 25 psi on the street because then he would have to run race gas everyday but the dude I talked to that was driving the car told me that he drove it everyday and did not say at what psi.

thanks for telling me that the dyno was on C16 I couldn't read above the dyno graph on their website.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:18 PM

Your question is some what loaded. The LinePro guys will say go InlinePro. The LovFab guys will say go LovFab. Minus the manifolds the kits are somewhat the same. The question you need to ask....Is the Lovfab mani really worth the 2k(or close) difference in price...?
Old 07-15-2006, 03:18 PM

I am goin to throw my .02 cents in, along with everyone else. It is all about what you want. Now granted the lovefab has the problem but it makes more power at a lower boost pressure. Thats not to say that the inline pro kit isnt bad, because by no means is it. I love the lovefab kit but I would go with the inline pro kit before I went lovefab. But like many others have said it is all about what you want
Old 07-15-2006, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by slimjim8201,Jul 15 2006, 09:53 AM

When you were in the car, yes it was probably detuned to 450rwhp and not at 25psi.

For the past 2 months we've been playing around with timing and have been running 25psi on pump gas making a little over 500rwhp on the stock f20 block. We have put over 1,000 miles at 25psi on pump gas. It is set to rev up to 10,500rpm and it is driven daily when the weathers is right . The last NOPI Nationals event at MIR we ran the car at 25psi on pump gas and ran a 10.8 and then went to the local gas station to fill up and drove home.

The dyno that was posted earlier, was on stock valvetrain (springs and retainers). The car currently sits with our springs, retainers, and keepers which allows us to rev up to 10,500rpm which is the same setup we are running in a comp4 record holding all motor car.

As far as the comparison of our manifolds vs tubular designs, the power result has more to do with the turbo size as supposed to a manifold design.

Last season, we ran Matt Keller's record holding integra, and made 800whp on our off the shelf cast manifold. We then tested it out a "tubular" design manifold, and it produced the same power as our manifold with the same turbo and boost setting.

The main advantage of a tubular style manifold is having the ability to run a much larger turbo, which is WHY Matt Keller fabricated our own tubular style manifold for our race car. But keep in mind that we have proven that our "off the shelf" turbo kit can handle over 500rwhp and run mid 10's in the 1/4.

Please try to stay informed with our new turbo setup running at Battle of the Imports TOMORROW!
Old 07-15-2006, 07:45 PM

Ya, looks like you guys have done quite a lot since my last test drive...

If I had the money, I'd drop my car off next week.

Gears are turning at BRP...but who knows when the product will launch for real.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:21 PM

I'm running 436rwhp on pump gas and a Inline kit, daily driven. I would say go Inline Pro, but it's just my $.02

Ya, thanks for taken care of the 300c that day...

Quick Reply: inline pro or lovefab