S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

injectors cutting out? vortech supercharger

Old 01-27-2012, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors cutting out? vortech supercharger

So Ive had my car supercharged for a couple of months now and Im loving it. Ive got a vortech bolt on kit, running it at 6.7 PSI and dynoed at 212 RW KW on stock internals which Im loving! but Im having an issue with my car under revving. The first few days I had my car it seemed to rev right through to 9k, but ever since then its been cutting out at around 8 to 8.5. The really annoying thing is I never know quite exactly where its going to cut out because it changes slightly every time, so it makes having a perfectly timed gear change pretty tricky.

I took my car back to my tuner and after leaving it with him for 2 days and him playing around with everything he could (obviously he did all the basic stuff like playing around with the engine cut off stuff in the haltech programing etc etc) and finally his conclusion was that I need to get bigger injectors. But what I dont quite understand is, that if the injectors arent big enough to handle the full power, then why did it run fine the first few days of having it?

I was just wondering if anybody else has had this same problem? especially guys who have vortech kits that run them on stock internals. Thanks heaps.

Jamie.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:26 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Why do you think it is the injectors? Your current injector duty cycle is what at 9000 rpm?

The Vortech belt slipping needs to be ruled out. Can you post your dyno plot.

It won't always happen at the same rpm and you end up "falling on your face" from the sudden loss of power.

Adjusting the belt is a simple process.

1. From underneath the car release the nut (1/4 turn) on the arbor holding the pulley.

2. Adjust the belt tension with the threaded adjuster that moves the arbor. Counter clock wise tightens the belt.

3. Re tighten the arbor nut.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:38 PM

Thanks for the reply but we have already ruled that out. Originally the belt was slipping, the original belt slipped right off and was torn to shreds so I had a custom belt made and fully tensioned so that won't happen again. Since getting the new belt the car feels as if it's pulling better but I'm still having the same problem. In first gear I generally make it to 9k pretty easily but in all the rest I fall flat on my face a bit past 8. I can't figure out what it could be. My tuner spent ages on it and he says it's the injectors?
Old 02-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you ruled out that your not getting spark blow out? If not try gapping the plugs down
Old 02-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Are you on the stock injectors? If so there is a good chance you are running out of fuel. Did it get colder there recently? I had the same issue at first. Stock injectors could not keep up with the stock vortech kit and ran super lean. D you have a wide and gauge?

Mine ran fine for a couple days and then got colder and would run crazy lean. Finally bit the bullet and got standalone ecu and 1000cc injectors and never looked back!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:15 PM

moddiction, what kind of injectors and computer did you go with? i have the vortech sc kit on mine as well and im having similar issues and will be going to put some new plugs in this weekend that are one step colder based on some of the info i've read on here to see if that will help. mine is also throwing the crank balance sensor code and i dont know if its because it just can't handle the load or what. i've got my eyes out for injectors but if you can recommend specs and what not that would really be helpful.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Former Sponsor

I went with aem ems series 1. It's been great for me so far!!
As for injectors I would definitely go with 1000cc injector dynamic injectors. More expensive than many others but well worth it!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:40 AM

Thanks heaps for the advice guys. Im glad to hear Im not the only one who has had this issue. Ive had the spark plugs gapped and re checked, their definitely not the problem. I guess I just need to bite the bullet and buy injectors. I was initially just going to go with 650cc, what are the pros and cons of me doing what you did and going all the way upto 1000?
Old 02-08-2012, 04:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Injector dynamic really are the way to go as for brand. They have 750cc injectors as well but the 1000's run just as good and like stock so no reason not to get the larger ones. If you ever go to up the power a lot or resell them it's a good idea to have the 1000's.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:19 PM

Thanks man. Also how much did yours set you back? And have you done any other mods to your vortech kit? I'm wanting to get a smaller pulley for mine to up the boost as well once I get the larger injectors

Quick Reply: injectors cutting out? vortech supercharger