S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

I need a Comptech contact

Old 10-31-2006, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a Comptech contact

I need a "GOOD" contact at Comptech. I've called and E mailed them and have always gotten "Nick" and his help/service is freaking HORRIBLE!

He sounds stoned on the phone and never really answers any of my questions. I honestly think he is either a "Jerrys kid" or just going behing the building to

I ordered parts from him and I recieved a wrong bolt. He also told me my total before tax and shipping and then gave me a total of it after tax and shipping. When I recieved my parts it was 10 bux more, he was so out of it the secong total was just after tax and DID NOT include shipping (per their invoice).
I requested an installation guide of their older kit but have not heard back.

Geeez and the ONLY reason I went with Comptech was their suposed good customer support, which to this date I have yet to see... I AM FRUSTRATED to say the least.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:12 PM

I had this guy too... awhile back some bolts snapped and needed to order the extended bolts from comptech.

He said that they're 'just regular ol' bolts, and to just reuse the ones that were unbolted from the car'.... too bad the the stock ones are about an inch too short. Anyways, I phoned back and gave him a part number, and yes he ended up overcharging me by a few bucks.

Good luck to you!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:18 PM

Jeff @ hardtopguy can get you comptech parts...

btw great guy to deal with...

peace
Old 10-31-2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by elusiv,Oct 31 2006, 05:12 PM
I had this guy too... awhile back some bolts snapped and needed to order the extended bolts from comptech.

He said that they're 'just regular ol' bolts, and to just reuse the ones that were unbolted from the car'.... too bad the the stock ones are about an inch too short. Anyways, I phoned back and gave him a part number, and yes he ended up overcharging me by a few bucks.

Good luck to you!
Yeah this guy really sucks.
What bolts are you refering too?
Old 10-31-2006, 07:26 PM

AGAIN PEOPLE I NEED A GOOD CONTACT AT COMPTECH.
Someone who has a freaking clue about their kit!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:37 PM

he is talking about the ones that attach the vtec solenoid to the block. the stock ones dont fit because they have to accomendate the comptech stand off block. they are an inch longer that the stock ones, but the best part is that you can find those bolts at NAPA.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dsgs2k3,Oct 31 2006, 08:37 PM
he is talking about the ones that attach the vtec solenoid to the block. the stock ones dont fit because they have to accomendate the comptech stand off block. they are an inch longer that the stock ones, but the best part is that you can find those bolts at NAPA.
OK now this is hilarious....

I only have two of those three bolts and I need one more. I called "Nick the idiot" and explained this to him and he sent me the one large bolt that connects the vtec bracket to the SC plate.

I need one more of those "longer bolts" to complete my supercharger install.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dsgs2k3,Oct 31 2006, 09:37 PM
Yup, thats the one.

2 bolts of 3 snapped. Mind you, my kit was second hand, so there's a possibility of repeatedly bolting/unbolting that was the cause of it snapping. I searched all local stores, including NAPA and none of them had bolts that were appropriate. I went ahead and ordered 12 bolts from Comptech and kept checking my oil levels between every trip to make sure i wasnt leaking too much from the snapped bolts.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:03 PM

thats weird i went into NAPA and i went behind the counter and found them and got four, the guy just gave them to me for free. if you guys cant find them anywhere, just ask me i can get a whole bunch of them
Old 10-31-2006, 08:06 PM

Like i said in my above post. If you only have 2 of 3 bolts in, you're probably leaking oil.... I would advise you check your oil at least daily. Personally, I checked it every single time before I fired up the car.

You need the 8x35mm Vtec Block bolts. Part # 800-3014
They're ~35 cents each, so you may as well order 20 of them just incase. It's not uncommon for these bolts to snap over time.

Quick Reply: I need a Comptech contact