S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

This is how you destroy a PPG Dogbox:(

Old 12-02-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k manic
do you have a shift interrupt ? if not try it that's what we did on our drag bike as it was doing the same thing an I had to split the cases 3 times I put a micro switch on the shifter and ran like that for 2 seasons before a waste gate failure was running 9.12 et and this was in 2000. like I said you bent forks my have rounded some dogs but nothing some hard welding cant fix

I'll talk with Evans about the shift interrupt. I only remember hearing the dogs banging in to each other once during this whole deal and it was when I was off the throttle, so hopefully the dogs are ok. There was no popping out of gear so well see

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by JoeyBalls' timestamp='1385847890' post='22901457
Christmas for everyone else. Standby for an epically awesome part out.

I just have to figure out if it makes sense to put the AP2 tranny back in and try and sell the car as a whole, or just part it out.

The only real valuable parts are

ID1000
AEM EMS 2
Inline pro head
CC twindisk (practically brand F'ng new)
IR R200
Wheels
Hardtop
Joey I hope this is an easy inexpensive fix for you but as someone else mentioned earlier I wouldn't take part in your partout if you went that route.. I saw your car before I even owned my own and your bbap2 inspired me to get mine. I had no idea that your car was boosted but knew it looked fantastic in black with the black Kai wheels with the hardtop and knew I had to get something similar.. I wouldn't want to be part of the end of the car that motivated me years ago.. Overall I hope it all works out for you but if worse comes to worse you have 10,000lbs of thrust with the airbus lol
Thanks, I appreciate that

Originally Posted by Phill24
damn joey sry about ur issues i hope its a fast and cheap fix.... i think we all should put together and get joey this shirt<a href='https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/image/840766-t-shirt
, I think this happened because I didn't wear my S2ki T-shirt, first and last time I go to The track without it, lol
Old 12-02-2013, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nooooooooo. good luck to you buddy. I really hope you get it back running dude.

I guess the pro of the v160 is the syncro would go first
Old 12-02-2013, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joeys, the community needs you to pop that tranny asap,

Getrag tranny swaps have proven a lot, power and durability wise, but Noise and vibrations from billet flywheel setups are really annoying with a true streep/strip car

ATS Across japan has developed their Silent Clutches, twin carbon ones, very quiet and still keeping the same OEM dual mass flywheel (350z, R34, silvia etc) they got an application for the toyota supra TT and the 6mt getrag, even though the f20c and the 2jz shares the same 8 bolt pattern the 2jz one is 12mm longer (in diameter) so this is getting difficult to get light pedal effort no noise and a good 700whps clutch for the S, one of the best shots would be a PPG Synchro gear set and a billet SOS carbon clutch that will make some chatter and deceleration noises but in an acceptable range and then hold with the 9 sec passes, if the clutch is a low inertia one under 18lbs, the tranny will shift at redline without issues, a hybrid metal/carbon with less inertia than carbon/carbon will even shift faster...

If someone makes a dual mass flywheel for f20c getrag swapped and makes it well so it turns out really silent it will get the best of both worlds, racing capability with comfort for the everyday use!!!

Back on Track Joeys, get that thing opened, show us what happend and lets see what can be done to improve it

Cheers

DJ
Old 12-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Evans Tuning
Originally Posted by s2k manic' timestamp='1386020428' post='22903996
do you have a shift interrupt ? if not try it that's what we did on our drag bike as it was doing the same thing an I had to split the cases 3 times I put a micro switch on the shifter and ran like that for 2 seasons before a waste gate failure was running 9.12 et and this was in 2000. like I said you bent forks my have rounded some dogs but nothing some hard welding cant fix
The rev limiter is his shift interrupt. As long as you are clutching between shifts, and letting the engine hit the limiter the gears/dogs are unloaded. The only real way to do a proper interrupt is with a strain gage on the shifter/linkage and/or linear position sensor. The last time I checked AEM did not have a per gear time cut which is the proper way to cut power with a strain gage set-up. We run our dog box with flat shift style shifting (clutching, full throttle) and the rev limiter is all that is needed to unload the dogs between shifts. Our PPG dogs look perfect on tear down at 900-1000 whp range.

good info just wanted to make sure it was being unloaded some how. did you guys check dog engagement with die? I have found that machining was needed to get the dog contact even on all dogs I am sure you did and you guys do top notch work. I just want to see joey make it plus I am planning a build soon using this setup as I like doing things different
Old 12-02-2013, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We don't even clutch with straight cut gears.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by redboost10
We don't even clutch with straight cut gears.
You do if those straight cut gears still have synchros. The design of the gear as nothing to do with the engagement.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:25 PM

He stated he has the dog box, no synchros
Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 PM

I know what he has. You said you don't clutch with straight cut GEARS. Gears have nothing to do with engagement.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:29 PM

Thanks Carey
Old 12-02-2013, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Evans Tuning
Originally Posted by s2k manic' timestamp='1386020428' post='22903996
The rev limiter is his shift interrupt. As long as you are clutching between shifts, and letting the engine hit the limiter the gears/dogs are unloaded. The only real way to do a proper interrupt is with a strain gage on the shifter/linkage and/or linear position sensor. The last time I checked AEM did not have a per gear time cut which is the proper way to cut power with a strain gage set-up. We run our dog box with flat shift style shifting (clutching, full throttle) and the rev limiter is all that is needed to unload the dogs between shifts. Our PPG dogs look perfect on tear down at 900-1000 whp range.
If he has a V2 AEM he can. That is how we had mine setup and we used the top clutch switch. Which was nice because it's adjustable. We just tapped the clutch (not even enough to disengage it) which triggered the switch and interrupted ignition. I believe we used the anti-lag function for the interrupt. Worked great.

Quick Reply: This is how you destroy a PPG Dogbox:(