S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

This is how you destroy a PPG Dogbox:(

Old 12-02-2013, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls
Pulled the transmission out, going to drop it off at Evans when I get a chance. Jeff said it's probably bent shifter forks. All in all, probably not as bad as I thought, not by a long shot.

The new gearbox had 25 passes with WOT shifting before the OEM parts of the tranny started to go. I'm not sure what direction I'll take the car. Definitely don't want to sell t but not sure how I feel about drag racing if I'll have to pull the tranny every 25 passes. Maybe I'll buy an oil cooler and suspension, lower the boost and maybe do some HPDE events.

I could just lift to shift but what's the F'ng point. I could have stayed OEM, lol.

Great thing here is that you could always load your current calibration back on, bump up the ride height and throw slicks back on for a weekend if you ever "get the itch". Plus, with boost turned down and road tires, you can hit up local car scene, do some cruises, might even take the hard top off and take the wife out for a cruise... then explain to her why you need expensive nt05's.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by StocS2k
if there is that much play i'd def check linkage and fork as stated above..

Good luck
X3 I don't think the trans is toast yet. I cant wait to see the reply to this thread after you take a look at it and find out the problem. Keep us posted.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Will do. The shifter was fine and was properly linked up. I'm thinking it's the OEM hardware that bent. Evans said it's common with the FWD dogbox stuff, so likely the issue here. The thing that sucks is it will just happen again........
Old 12-02-2013, 10:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will do. The shifter was fine and was properly linked up. I'm thinking it's the OEM hardware that bent. Evans said it's common with the FWD dogbox stuff, so likely the issue here. The thing that sucks is it will just happen again........
Can that oem hardware be replaced with better stuff?
Old 12-02-2013, 11:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman
Originally Posted by JoeyBalls' timestamp='1386011300' post='22903684
I haven't seen or heard of billet steel ones (if that even is the issue). I'm going to check with Evans but maybe I can get em custom made somewhere.

The shittiest part of the whole thing is the car was at the point where I was completely happy with everything about it. Trans set-up, the power, the diff, the ability to drive it to the track and run 9s. I didn't want to upgrade anything else. I really felt it was perfect.

It's a mechanical device and I know nothing is bulletproof but still kind of bummed. Hey, look at the bright side, happened last day of the season, not the first
Old 12-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

do you have a shift interrupt ? if not try it that's what we did on our drag bike as it was doing the same thing an I had to split the cases 3 times I put a micro switch on the shifter and ran like that for 2 seasons before a waste gate failure was running 9.12 et and this was in 2000. like I said you bent forks my have rounded some dogs but nothing some hard welding cant fix

Old 12-02-2013, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep us posted. Some pics of it opened up and the failure would be extra helpful.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:14 PM

damn joey sry about ur issues i hope its a fast and cheap fix.... i think we all should put together and get joey this shirt<a href='https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/image/840766-t-shirt
Attached Thumbnails This is how you destroy a PPG Dogbox:(-t-shirt-build-break-fix-repeat.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by camuman' timestamp='1386011982' post='22903707
[quote name='JoeyBalls' timestamp='1386011300' post='22903684']
I haven't seen or heard of billet steel ones (if that even is the issue). I'm going to check with Evans but maybe I can get em custom made somewhere.

The shittiest part of the whole thing is the car was at the point where I was completely happy with everything about it. Trans set-up, the power, the diff, the ability to drive it to the track and run 9s. I didn't want to upgrade anything else. I really felt it was perfect.

It's a mechanical device and I know nothing is bulletproof but still kind of bummed. Hey, look at the bright side, happened last day of the season, not the first
[/quote]
If you can get a extra fork if that's what is bent I have a friend that has access to a CNC machine and could possibly have one made from billet aluminum or steel so that problem could be fixed for good

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Phill24
damn joey sry about ur issues i hope its a fast and cheap fix.... i think we all should put together and get joey this shirt<a href='https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/image/840766-t-shirt
I agree

Quick Reply: This is how you destroy a PPG Dogbox:(