S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

This is how you destroy a PPG Dogbox:(

Old 12-01-2013, 06:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So what can I check without dropping the transmission and opening it up?
Old 12-01-2013, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls
So what can I check without dropping the transmission and opening it up?
The shifter cup take out your center console and take off your shifter look down then it should be pretty obvious if its something right there

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-01-2013, 08:02 AM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Sorry to see this Joey. It sounds like it's still stuck in gear. Especially if you put it on jackstands and got the wheels to turn opposite directions (meaning the driveshaft isn't turning). I'd bet its either a bent shifter rod, or the pin that holds the shift linkages together has come out or broke; it certainly sounds like its that if the issue progressively got worse. More than likely, you will have to pull the tranny apart to have a look at it, but just sell it to the wife as teething problems and make sure not to talk about the car until it magically shows up in your driveway in the Spring!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:24 AM

Looking forward to see the shifter, I hope it looks like a banana and you can keep on trucking real fast!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:59 AM

No sings from gear teeth pieces in the oil and the excessive play from the shifter points to shifter linkage issues, start with the easy part and tear apart shifter, lower section and inspect the shifter rod to tranny, both ends, use a pliers and screwdrivers if something broke up there in order to get the tranny to neutral speed

Are you using PPG dog box (no synchros) or using the ppg synchro version?

With the PPG dog box it is more prone to problems due to shifter interlocking system failure..

good luck

DJ
Old 12-01-2013, 10:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A year ago, my slave went out and I tried to force it into gear unknowingly and ended up breaking a pin in the linkage. Wound up with a square gearbox full of neutrals. Sounds similar but I'm on an ap1 tranny. Pulled tranny, had pin replaced and got a new oem slave(was replaced with a non-oem previously) and was on the road again. IMHO, the dog box is going to be too tough to be more than a simple fix. I bet the tranny is fine but just needs whatever broken linkage replaced, and check the slave!

Edit: btw, I'm blaming MY problem on non-oem slave failure. But it's a simple thing to check out if the car is already in the air.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by kartectuning
No sings from gear teeth pieces in the oil and the excessive play from the shifter points to shifter linkage issues, start with the easy part and tear apart shifter, lower section and inspect the shifter rod to tranny, both ends, use a pliers and screwdrivers if something broke up there in order to get the tranny to neutral speed

Are you using PPG dog box (no synchros) or using the ppg synchro version?

With the PPG dog box it is more prone to problems due to shifter interlocking system failure..

good luck

DJ
Thanks for advice (everyone, thank you. It's appreciated )

I have the dogbox
Old 12-01-2013, 12:32 PM

Sorry to hear bro. Hopefully you decide to get it fix and have it running again
Old 12-02-2013, 07:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear man. Hope it's an easy fix.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2013, 09:23 AM

Pulled the transmission out, going to drop it off at Evans when I get a chance. Jeff said it's probably bent shifter forks. All in all, probably not as bad as I thought, not by a long shot.

The new gearbox had 25 passes with WOT shifting before the OEM parts of the tranny started to go. I'm not sure what direction I'll take the car. Definitely don't want to sell t but not sure how I feel about drag racing if I'll have to pull the tranny every 25 passes. Maybe I'll buy an oil cooler and suspension, lower the boost and maybe do some HPDE events.

I could just lift to shift but what's the F'ng point. I could have stayed OEM, lol.

Quick Reply: This is how you destroy a PPG Dogbox:(