S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

How to get boost to hold steady till redline?

Old 04-29-2012, 09:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Change your spring, you shouldn't be asking for more than double the base spring rate. Simple as that. I also have the Mac 3 port and a Tial WG. I spoke at length with Tial just a week or so ago about the topics of most effective spring rates and duty cycles of the spring. You're better off being in the low side of the spring's capabilities.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k
Change your spring, you shouldn't be asking for more than double the base spring rate. Simple as that. I also have the Mac 3 port and a Tial WG. I spoke at length with Tial just a week or so ago about the topics of most effective spring rates and duty cycles of the spring. You're better off being in the low side of the spring's capabilities.
Yeah I figured that I should change the spring as well even though others state the Mac solenoid can hold more than your average bc. I haven't seen the flow chart of the 6262 and I never suspected it was out of breath because Spectacle made 740 at 29 psi and is now at 33 psi without any issues or signs of exhaustion. I honestly believe that this turbo may be out of breath on my setup because of the .82 hotside but that's just my opinion.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowSi
Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k' timestamp='1335763972' post='21654563
Yeah I figured that I should change the spring as well even though others state the Mac solenoid can hold more than your average bc. I haven't seen the flow chart of the 6262 and I never suspected it was out of breath because Spectacle made 740 at 29 psi and is now at 33 psi without any issues or signs of exhaustion. I honestly believe that this turbo may be out of breath on my setup because of the .82 hotside but that's just my opinion.
By spectacle you mean spoolin?

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW
Old 04-30-2012, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by 1SlowSi
Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k' timestamp='1335763972' post='21654563
The spring is a pretty inexpensive way to findout. I know I have a pretty wide selection of tial springs in my toolbox just from changing up my setup so many times
Old 04-30-2012, 08:51 AM

Yea, they're $25 bucks or so at worst.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DFWs2k
By spectacle you mean spoolin?

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW
Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 AM

^ lol
Old 04-30-2012, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd have to say its coming close to running of steam, you do have to remember spoolin is runnin the love fab mani which is basically the most efficient manifold ever made for our car and 40 whp is really nothing at that point but you should deffinately be able to hold boost into the low 30psi zone. Try changing the spring until the boost is nomore than double the spring rate.
-Chris
Old 04-30-2012, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by vduber
I'd have to say its coming close to running of steam, you do have to remember spoolin is runnin the love fab mani which is basically the most efficient manifold ever made for our car and 40 whp is really nothing at that point but you should deffinately be able to hold boost into the low 30psi zone. Try changing the spring until the boost is nomore than double the spring rate.
-Chris
Spoolin... yes unless Spectacle is working on something behind the scenes

I know the lovefab is efficient and I would like to think that mine is as well but that's neither here or there. I'm going to assume that my turbo is out of breath at 28psi+. For a T3/.82 hotside, I'm doing fairly well so I'm not complaining.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:11 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I do run a 14.5 psi spring in my Tial MVR WG, so you running a 10 psi may only be your problem. My turbo is the 6262SP JB with .82 AR hotside also and we haven't seen any sign of the turbo running out just yet at 33-34 psi. I'm sure it's close, but should hold until around 36 psi. When we first tuned it to 741 whp at 29.6 psi, we did have boost falling off at around 28 psi until my tuner made a few adjustments. I'm just not positive what those were other than to think he messed with the boost controller some. There are more things to adjust with the boost controller to get it to hold boost at the top, I just cant remember what it is you have to do.

Quick Reply: How to get boost to hold steady till redline?