S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

How does the AEM EMS work?

Old 10-17-2006, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of you placing alot of stock in the knock control should stop and think about it for a minute. A factory knock sensor like one in the S2000 are calibrated from the factory for the STOCK engine. Once you start changing things you start changng the differant frequancies coming from the engine. This can give you false knock and pull timing for no reason. There is not one tuner I know who is worth a damn that would rely on knock control.

Courage, there are other tables that adjust AF for chances in ECT, IAT, you can even set up a BARO table if you want. You can use closed loop o2, just make sure that it's set for 5% lean/rich so if the sensor does go bad, you'll only stray 5% from your map.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Scorpion,Oct 17 2006, 11:31 PM
Once you start changing things you start changng the differant frequancies coming from the engine. This can give you false knock and pull timing for no reason. There is not one tuner I know who is worth a damn that would rely on knock control.
If running AEM EMS, and you cant actually hear the knock... how else can you tell that you're knocking or coming close to a knock?

I've worked with Hondata K-pro for the K series engines, and the knock control is what we relied on. It seemed to work pretty good as the car run beautifully after a few pulls. I'd like to know just incase I decide to go this route with AEM EMS and try to street tune.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:37 PM

Well I would never recomend anyone street tune a car. I ruff in cars on the street, but there is no substitue for tuning on the dyno. I tune to MBT, that's how I stay out of knock. There are those who swear by knock sensor, but when you end up running 13* of timing because the VTEC solenoid keeps tripping the knock sensor you'll see what I mean. Laugh all you want, but I've seen it before.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:09 AM

It appears that automapping is a feature a lot of guys don't use because they fear their O2 sensor may fail one day and give incorrect readings...leading the ecu to adjust fuel incorrectly and costing you a motor. What happens in this case? If your ECU doesn't react to your AFR, how can it compensate for changing atmospheric conditions (heat/cold/humidity...)?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:15 AM
Banned

This is some good info, as I will be up and running shortly.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:40 AM

Yeah, but still haven't gotten an answer to my question...look two posts up guys!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:16 AM
Banned

Do you need a FPR with 650cc injectors and aem ems?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used the automap feature before and it did ok

I run my car on close loop o2 and it does a great job of taking my good tune and making it a GREAT tune. Very stable all the way threw. But like others have said the max it can do is move the fuel table around +-5%.

Knock tables I use as well because I would rather save a motor then worry about it. I am not all about big power but rather for safe power so I don't mind that it pulls timing if lets say it hears the vtec solonoid.

J. R.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Scorpion,Oct 18 2006, 01:37 AM
Well I would never recomend anyone street tune a car. I ruff in cars on the street, but there is no substitue for tuning on the dyno. I tune to MBT, that's how I stay out of knock. There are those who swear by knock sensor, but when you end up running 13* of timing because the VTEC solenoid keeps tripping the knock sensor you'll see what I mean. Laugh all you want, but I've seen it before.
Ah, I see what you mean. Thanks for the insight!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:08 PM

Good points scorpion

Quick Reply: How does the AEM EMS work?