S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

help with picking turbo.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 6266 has a amazing power band! the 6262 will get you quicker spool, but the 6266 will give you more top end. Idk why people are hating so much on Precision, im sure there are plenty of guys in the forum that had great experience with them. And im not surprised with what happen, why in the world would you go with a journal turbo in the first place if your gonna be reving 9k and putting that turbo to work overtime??
Old 04-02-2015, 04:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Prokaw875
For any street car seeing alot of mileage and driving you cant beat the GTX series from Garrett. For your goals you are way oversizing your turbo. A GTX3076R with proper .82-1.00 T4 AR housing will be plenty to get you to 600whp. I made 500 at 18psi on a 20,000 mile hard driven GT3076 .63 and it even had a chipped wheel. This is my thought process on turbos...
This

Originally Posted by g.guess88
hi guys, my name is eric, been having problem with my precision turbo jb6262(old version).

short story goes, turbo blew from a kinked drain line. sent it back to precision for rebuild, drove for 4 weeks and got massive shaft play....

now. i would like to get the newer version of the precision turbo PT6266 CEA. but would like to know what else is comparable out there.

trying to target 450 on pump 93, and need room for next year when switching to flexfuel and bigger numbers. please advice, thank you
you say "bigger numbers", but what is big to you?

also, what is the intended use of the car? Street, Drag, Road Race?

What kind of power band are you wanting? linear? torque with great transient response? all top end??

... seems to me that the words "precision 62XX" are being played on a broken record..
Old 04-02-2015, 05:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by klopot07s2k
The 6266 has a amazing power band! the 6262 will get you quicker spool, but the 6266 will give you more top end. Idk why people are hating so much on Precision, im sure there are plenty of guys in the forum that had great experience with them. And im not surprised with what happen, why in the world would you go with a journal turbo in the first place if your gonna be reving 9k and putting that turbo to work overtime??
People are hating cause of the high rate of failure they have, especially on the s2000. Some of these failures were due to improperly placed or sized drains, no restrictor but lots have failed even with all precautions taken. Another thing I have issues with, is their customer service. Precision will fight you tooth and nail to avoid fixing something under warranty. I had a kit with a 5858, sold it to a friend and it failed on him. He sent it to Precision and they refuse to warranty it cause they calm he was running it without the restrictor. He removed it to ship to them cause they informed him to remove ALL fittings connected before shipping.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by klopot07s2k
well. the kit i got is not brand new it was a second hand kit. the turbo is used also prior to this i have zero understanding with the boost world. sorry

if i had known, i wouldn't have got a jb turbo.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by AFK-S2K
Originally Posted by Prokaw875' timestamp='1427909313' post='23562860
For any street car seeing alot of mileage and driving you cant beat the GTX series from Garrett. For your goals you are way oversizing your turbo. A GTX3076R with proper .82-1.00 T4 AR housing will be plenty to get you to 600whp. I made 500 at 18psi on a 20,000 mile hard driven GT3076 .63 and it even had a chipped wheel. This is my thought process on turbos...
This

Originally Posted by g.guess88
hi guys, my name is eric, been having problem with my precision turbo jb6262(old version).

short story goes, turbo blew from a kinked drain line. sent it back to precision for rebuild, drove for 4 weeks and got massive shaft play....

now. i would like to get the newer version of the precision turbo PT6266 CEA. but would like to know what else is comparable out there.

trying to target 450 on pump 93, and need room for next year when switching to flexfuel and bigger numbers. please advice, thank you
you say "bigger numbers", but what is big to you?

also, what is the intended use of the car? Street, Drag, Road Race?

What kind of power band are you wanting? linear? torque with great transient response? all top end??

... seems to me that the words "precision 62XX" are being played on a broken record..

she is a street car that sees the road maybe 2- 3 days out of a week and less than 50 miles/day, so not a daily driven car, but i understand where you are coming from, sounds like the gtx series is really the route to go.
right now the housing is a T3 .82 AR housing.

intended use of the car will be street only because im pretty sure i need driver mod..... but to answer the question bigger number will probably be 800 max. that is hell of a lot power for me .

not so much with top end power, but more over torque and transient response, during the 4 weeks of time when the car is running i like the response of the 6262, but would like it to be a bit more responsive, or will it not happen with my goal? i understand bigger turbos will have slower transient response.

sorry if i sound like another idiot who just blames the turbo and not knowing a lot still trying really hard to learn.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:13 PM

The gen2 DBB stuff is pretty nice. I have a 6466 in my evo. It smokes for a bit on startup but performs well.