S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

help comptech sc with ac

Old 06-25-2007, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help comptech sc with ac

hey guys, i just had the shop installed my comptech SC with AC on my 00 s2000. i didnt installed the comptech ESM because i bought the kits used. but i do get a apexi NEO replace the ESM. My problem is today i went to dyno my car. and it only have 160rwhp. the guys told me my exhaust cat is dead. is it really the problem?? i mean will that make 1xx different. because my current set up is 7psi. so it should around 300rwhp at least. is there other problems you guys can think off. when i drive the car around. i feel like the power is holding back. is it because i didnt used the comptech ESM?? or is the NEO can replace the ESM? thanks for the advices.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:42 PM

do you have a boost gauge? does it build up boost? even a slipping belt can cause that. btw, an exhaust cat can't make that much difference. so what you take the cat off and put a test pipe there and the car will gain 150whp???
Old 06-25-2007, 07:47 PM

well, i just ordered the boost gauge. but is not on my car yet. so you think is not about the exhaust?? but will the comptech ESM cause the problems?? thanks. will NEO work the same as ESM?? thanks
Old 06-25-2007, 09:03 PM

You MUST have an ESM box to run the car. I'm suprised its not blown up yet. What the ESM does is cap off the voltage from the map sensor and does not let the ecu see boost going through the motor. Then the FPR (Fuel pressure regulator) sends more fuel as the boost goes up, notice the vaccum line to it. The apexi piggy backs just change the signal a little bit to alter the fuel but no where near enough to cap all the boost. You check engine light has to be on and does it ever cut off at 3k rpms? And its def not the cat.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:34 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

First off,do you change the fuel options on your NEO yourself? i dont know about neo but if the car sees Boost than you are in trouble.Thats what ECT does it makes the CAR only See 0 on the MAP and she thinks she is at WOT not seeing Boost and she goes the MAX injector Duty and PW that the Oem ECU makes and thats when the FPR gets to do its job, for every PSI it increases the Fuel Pressure to compensate for the Boost and Thus Power making...When you go on the dyno pull the belt off,put the OEM 1.1mm plugs and put the oem Filter hose with the Filter on it,move the AC off the TB and dyno the car and see what the car makes NA,it should be around 200 whp and than you will know if its the ECT. if it doesnt even make 180whp than look elsewhere.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:38 AM

so, the NEO cant be the replacement for the ESM.?? but actually i ask ppl on this forums before i bought the NEO. and they told me it will work. but now....
Old 06-26-2007, 05:49 AM

the ESM is a must, NEO would be an additional option which might give you some extra power
Old 06-26-2007, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by batikan,Jun 26 2007, 08:49 AM
the ESM is a must, NEO would be an additional option which might give you some extra power

If you were running stand alone management like an AEM unit, the Comptech ESM would no longer be needed. I may be wrong...but I don't think the NEO even splices into the same (map sensor) wires as the ESM. The NEO wasn't purpose built like the ESM to hide boost from the ECU. It has a different purpose (to add and subtract fuel).
Old 06-26-2007, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by ronaldng0809,Jun 26 2007, 08:38 AM
so, the NEO cant be the replacement for the ESM.?? but actually i ask ppl on this forums before i bought the NEO. and they told me it will work. but now....
You asked the wrong people then. There is NO WAY the NEO can do anything that the ESM will do. In my car I have map to esm to vafc to ecu. So the VAFC displays 0 max pressure at WOT, when really there is boost going from the map. Your NEO should actually show you exactly how much boost you are running so you don't need a boost gauge, just look for the pressure sensor in the NEO display options.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:41 AM

thanks for the info guys. i am not looking for a comptech ESM. by the way anyone selling it. thanks

Quick Reply: help comptech sc with ac