S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Help on 30A 12V Fuel Pump Relay

Old 08-04-2011 | 02:59 PM

Yeah i'm sorry i just noticed today that there are 2 different yellow wires... i looked too quick the first time so i didn't noticed there is only ONE Yelow/green wire! My fault!

But i got it fixxed today..

here is my setup:

Old 08-04-2011 | 03:57 PM
20 Year Member

Did you notice a difference Nyther?
Old 08-04-2011 | 04:24 PM

OK OK this may be an absolutely stupid question...but it may be funny.

I want to do this mod and wire it up with solder and heat shrink and not crimped like a hack. Would using a lighter to shrink the tubing in this area put me in the running for a Darwin?

Would a hair dryer get hot enough?
Old 08-05-2011 | 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by JawKnee
No i didnt..

The sound of the HRC remained the same, as well as the A/F values i were seeing before the mod..

I Did notice the car just felt on is face when boosting in 1st gear or taking a really fast turn in 1/2gear but my fuel gauge showed 2 bars left so that might be the cause due that the fuel got thrown to the other end of the fuel tank, making it impossible for the pump to suck it up..

I guess i shouldnt drive her empty like that...
Old 08-05-2011 | 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Nyther
Originally Posted by JawKnee' timestamp='1312502264' post='20848815
No i didnt..

The sound of the HRC remained the same, as well as the A/F values i were seeing before the mod..

I Did notice the car just felt on is face when boosting in 1st gear or taking a really fast turn in 1/2gear but my fuel gauge showed 2 bars left so that might be the cause due that the fuel got thrown to the other end of the fuel tank, making it impossible for the pump to suck it up..

Hard to believe. I could tell before I even fired my car up that the sound was different, when the pump primed it was more solid, and the car even idled smoother after starting.
Old 08-05-2011 | 08:40 AM

Well, perhaps you paid alot more attention to the sound of the pump... My HRC is actually very quiet and living in a busy street with lots of surrounding sounds makes it hard to hear small changes in sound..

I'm not seeing ANY reason why the car should idle smoother since the pump can provide so much more fuel than the car actually takes when idling... Or i am missing a point here...

I DO need to mention that i have my ( Optima yelowtop ) located in the TRUNK and i used a short 3feet cable to connect from the battery to the relay.. But the Optima is giving me 12V offcourse and the alternator needs to "send" the extra current trough my 12feet 35mm2 ( 2 AWG ) cable.

I might need to check the current when the car is running...
Old 08-05-2011 | 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Nyther

Be careful with that. I lost an engine to that, but that was by starving one of my two intank Walbros at 22psi.
Old 08-05-2011 | 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by D1sclaimer
Originally Posted by Nyther' timestamp='1312544310' post='20850048

Be careful with that. I lost an engine to that, but that was by starving one of my two intank Walbros at 22psi.
Well it only happend 2 times since i am boosted and the fuel gauge showed 2 bars at that time... i THINK its because off the fuel level being to low..

I also did have this problem when i was NOT boosted.. Just making a left turn donut, and while driving out of the donut, the car felt on iits face with no power whatsoever for 1-2 seconds and suddenly it came back alive... I believe every s2k has this problem ( no baffled fuel tank )
Some friends of mine with a s2k report the same problem when tracking the car trough a long (left) corner..

If you got any advice/feedback/cures.. please let me know!

Sorry for going off topic!

I'll try to leave at least 1/4th of fuel in the tank from now on...
Old 06-13-2012 | 01:38 PM

Bump for everyone to see again.
Old 06-13-2012 | 02:00 PM

I did this on my DSM

Quick Reply: Help on 30A 12V Fuel Pump Relay